BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roy Keane

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy Keane is said to be on the verge of being forced out of United, after criticising Alan Smith, Kieran Richardson, Liam Miller, Duncan Fletcher and John O'Shea in a rant so acidic that MUTV had to pull the programme...

357807[/snapback]

Duncan Fletcher, that's a bit harsh! That really must have been a rant. I know the Pakistan tour hasn't started too great but after the Ashes....

wink.giftongue.gifwink.gif

He has said that he would never sign for any other premiership clubs, as he will not go into the away dressing room at old trafford.

And he has stated that he would like to play for Celtic

357831[/snapback]

well... if its a 6mths deal to the end of the season, he wouldnt have to, cos we've won there already biggrin.gif

Uncle Jack would turn in his grave.

Keano choosing Manure over Rovers after agreeing to come to us was (and still is) unforgivable.

Send the back-stabbing pensioner north.

357838[/snapback]

No thanks, we dont want his type at Ewood Park. For all the bad tackles and 'bully boy' players, not one of them, Savage, Neill, Bellamy, 'the axe' have ever deliberatly gone out to injure a player like that manc scum has done.

Keane will make a good manager one day . Maybe he is making the first move against the man he hopes to replace .

357859[/snapback]

I'm not sure he will. One of the main criticisms levelled against Glenn Hoddle was that he couldn't relate to players of lesser ability than himself. I think Roy Keane would probably find that a big ask, especially if he learns his trade at a lower level club

I'm not sure he will.  One of the main criticisms levelled against Glenn Hoddle was that he couldn't relate to players of lesser ability than himself.  I think Roy Keane would probably find that a big ask, especially if he learns his trade at a lower level club

357865[/snapback]

I don't think he would make a good manager either. You need to be somewhat stable when you're the boss and Roy is far from that.

However, the harshest criticism should be at Ferguson's door. Why hasn't he replaced Keane with a genuine replacement?

357847[/snapback]

This all smells of Keane manipulating his early exit from MU and probable pay-out. He will no doubt have been advised to do so by his agent who will already have another lucrative deal lined up for him at Celtic where any move would be closely linked to merchandising and shirt deals etc which would nett him an absloute fortune from the pockets of their worldwide fan base. We already know that loyalty and 'sticking to his word' mean absolutely nothing to Roy Keane, kicking MU and their fans in the teeth will not cause him to lose a minutes sleep either. Too much of the Tink about him imo. If I were to be mischievous I would suggest that he has already become just another member of the despised prawn sarnie brigade himself.

I did suggest on here 2-3 years ago when MU had just won the Prem for their last time and the Arse were understood to be in financial difficulties with the plans for their new ground that MU should break the bank to get Arsenals best player Patrick Vierra as Keane was showing signs of being over the hill even then. If that had happened MU would prob still be within reach of Chelsea and Arse would prob have also lost Henry and be struggling for a champions league place. 2 birds with one stone that Fergie cocked up on.

Oh well never mind eh?

As for him at BRFC? No way we are better than that.

Edited by thenodrog

I'm not sure he will.  One of the main criticisms levelled against Glenn Hoddle was that he couldn't relate to players of lesser ability than himself.  I think Roy Keane would probably find that a big ask, especially if he learns his trade at a lower level club

357865[/snapback]

I don't know - seems that Keane has a problem with people who don't give 100% on the pitch rather than those with no talent - not a bad trait for a manager. Personally, it'd be great to see him at the Rovers for a year or two but can't see it.

I also think he'd make a decent manager too.

Psychopaths as a rule are pathetic maanagers.

Souness is only decent when he is genuinely scared for himself but when he reverts to cro-magnum type, he is a competent pansy compared with what Keane would be as a manager.

On second thoughts, perhaps Keane could take over when BIG CLUB sacks Bruce, Dunny would be back at Ewood no time flat.

I don't know - seems that Keane has a problem with people who don't give 100% on the pitch rather than those with no talent - not a bad trait for a manager. Personally, it'd be great to see him at the Rovers for a year or two but can't see it.

I also think he'd make a decent manager too.

357887[/snapback]

Perhaps you're right - who knows what goes on in that blokes head!?! But living in Manchester, all my mates who are Man U fans say that Darren Fletcher tries really hard but just isn't good enough. The word around here is that Fletcher is one that Keane singled out exactly for that - not for his effort.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.