BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City

Lee

I'm so gutted about this, I called the ticket office last week and told them I would be buying 21 tickets this week, and would this be Ok. They checked my purchase history, said it would be Ok to come down any day this week, as "we never sell out for this fixture".

I was due to go down tomorrow night to buy 22, I just hope they get some more.

Here's hoping  sad.gif

359619[/snapback]

aIsnt this the third consecutive year its sold out?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be the old 1700 sale or return, or 3000 pay up front and in full, non returnable.

We may get allocated more tickets, but the ticket office need to be aware that there is still demand for the tickets, make sure if you havnt got a ticket but want one you ring up and ask about more.

They might not do anything, but on the other hand, the might well be able to negotiate some more.

Rovers have to ensure that they have no liability for unsold tickets, however given we have sold out for the last 3 seasons, and Birmingham had an allocation of 2K I failto understand why we were not offered 2K ourselves.  We will ask the question about this at the next BRISA meeting with the Club so we have a clear explanation.

Sadly i'll miss it due to holidays...mind you a week on the beach or a day with the Mancs?  GIVE ME THE BEACH!

359534[/snapback]

That depends which beach and which Mancs of course.....

.....there're plenty of tasty lasses on Deansgate at the weekend, but Knott End in November? dry.gif

It will be the old 1700 sale or return, or 3000 pay up front and in full, non returnable.

We may get allocated more tickets, but the ticket office need to be aware that there is still demand for the tickets, make sure if you havnt got a ticket but want one you ring up and ask about more.

They might not do anything, but on the other hand, the might well be able to negotiate some more.

359623[/snapback]

Why have B'ham been allocated 2,000 then? Why couldnt we have had that? tinykit.gif

Why have B'ham been allocated 2,000 then? Why couldnt we have had that?  tinykit.gif

359645[/snapback]

We would probably struggle to sell 2000 thats why.

Looking at past away games this season when have we ever taken a big following?

We would probably struggle to sell 2000 thats why.

Looking at past away games this season when have we ever taken a big following?

359646[/snapback]

Your tryinga tell me we would struggle to sell another 300 tickets for a local game still 10 days away? Our support is crap, but it aint that crap mate. Ive seen about another 50 tickets needed for people on this board and the official 1.

With regards to your question, we sold out l'pool away (i dont count restricted view tickets as actual tickets)

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Lee, is there absolutely no chance of any more tickets being allocated?...quite surprised at the speed at which they've been snapped up as they were only put on restricted sale Monday!.

359559[/snapback]

All I can suggest is that you call the ticket office and ask if there is going to be an extra allocation. If there's enough interest, then maybe something will happen?

Presumably Rovers get nothing out of selling City tickets so giving the visiting club an allocation they have to sell to avoid a financial loss means that Rovers would never have any financial interest in taking a larger allocation.

Yet another example of football trying to kill the away support.

Serves Man City right when pockets of Rovers all over their stadium are jumping for joy as Bellamy grabs his hattrick.

All I can suggest is that you call the ticket office and ask if there is going to be an extra allocation. If there's enough interest, then maybe something will happen?

359649[/snapback]

Should I just keep redialing, pretending to be someone else. huh.gif

Very frustrating, I'm a home season ticket holder who selects 3/4 away games each season and dependent upon; our current form/locality/cost of tickets/neanderthal level of home fans (e.g. I'd never visit Leeds again!). A few mates agreed before the Charlton match that if we continued playing well we'd meet in the Bulls Head and catch the train to Manchester. As then happens your waiting for one or two to confirm that they want a ticket, we then get the OK that everyone's up for the trip and plan to nip down to Ewood to get a dozen tickets and then you find out it's sold out!! Doh!

It's probably fair that someone who only occassionally goes away doesn't get a ticket at the expense of someone who hardly misses an away match.

I'll ring the ticket office to enquire if an increased allocation is likely. I may even try City as they shouldn't have a problem with visiting supporters in the home areas (7/5/2000!).

The ticket office say there won't be an increased allocation but is there any mileage in contacting someone with more clout. There seems to be a tremendous demand for more tickets. Does anyone have John Williams or Tom Finn's email address?

I just tried ringing up aswell and they said try next friday incase any are returned, not holding my breath to be honest - I need 3 tickets. A poor allocation considering we have sold out for the past 3 years, got a place to stay booked and everything DAMN !!

If anyone has 3 tickets they want to sell give me a shout!!!

When do the Wigan tickets go on sale!! wink.gif

I cant believe fans are complaining about this.....

Whatever tickets we dont sell, the rovers have to pay for. Look at our poor away attendances over recent seasons - thats why we only applied for 1700 tickets for City.

If people were that bothered about going they would have got their tickets as soon as they went on sale

Bye

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.