SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City

Lee

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe fans are complaining about this.....

Whatever tickets we dont sell, the rovers have to pay for. Look at our poor away attendances over recent seasons - thats why we only applied for 1700 tickets for City.

If people were that bothered about going they would have got their tickets as soon as they went on sale

Bye

359838[/snapback]

Complaining......? I'd suggest most people were merely commenting in the hope that the powers that be might realise when performances improve to the highest level in recent seasons, combined with the locality, fairly reasonable prices and a break in fixtures may well lead to increased interest.

against manu and liverpool...

359845[/snapback]

I was at both these games and, judging by the empty seats around me in the away enclosure, I can tell you that the Man U game was most certainly not sold out. I'm also of the understanding that the allocation for that particular game was only 1800 - I'm prepared to stand corrected on this though.

I believe Wigan we get the whole end 5,000, we better as it is New Years Eve and there will be lots of interest..

League cup a couple of years ago we took 7000 as we got the whole side which made it then a stadium record..

There's a group coming up from the south so fingers crossed

Now I've not been anywhere near the ticket office for the last three weeks, but like Manchester City, I'd fully expect Arsenal to sell out, last Highbury visit and all.

We didn't come anywhere near selling out the Man Utd allocation this season, Liverpool was a lot closer but there was still 50 or so empty seats.

Phillip: the away side gets no share of ticket revenue, except for League Cup when the gate is split 50/50 and the FA Cup when the split is something like 42/42/16 (the 16 being the FA)

I cant believe fans are complaining about this.....

Whatever tickets we dont sell, the rovers have to pay for. Look at our poor away attendances over recent seasons - thats why we only applied for 1700 tickets for City.

If people were that bothered about going they would have got their tickets as soon as they went on sale

359838[/snapback]

Your last sentence is nonsensical...... 1700 was obviously not enough and thats that! No matter who applied and when! Also it will be plain bloody stupid if there are any unsold empty seats around the ground.

Now I've not been anywhere near the ticket office for the last three weeks,

359943[/snapback]

Has anybody else down there been anywhere near either Lee? Or is it all returning to the bad old days of pre Jack Walker? Maybe terminal apathy has returned to the ticket office too? sad.gif

I'm off sick. But if this thread is anything to go by, there must have been fans queueing around the block like the good old days.

Jim J and his request for 22 aside, I can't see there being more than 100 people on this site and the official mboard wanting tickets.

Keep phoning the ticket office people, tickets do get returned.

Apparently JW said something at the Ewood Blues event last night about more tickets being obtained.

He might want to tell the ticket office!

359999[/snapback]

Can anyone confirm this? [fingers crossed]

10.45 am. Just spoke to ticket office, they've contacted MCFC and no further tickets are available. I suggested that JW intimated at the BRISA meeting that more tickets might be obtained, "news to us in the ticket office, perhaps you might ask JW's secretary".

I've been offered 4 tickets in main stand, so look out for small pockets of Rovers fans dotted around the stadium!

if it was said

it was said to a person and not on the microphone, from what i remember

360063[/snapback]

John williams certainly didnt say anything about obtaining extra tickets for City in the Aqueduct last night.

bascially -

saying the gantry wont be moved to the riverside, because they dont know the long term future of the riverside.

saying we will try to buy zurab

and quite a bit about foreign tv in pubs around blackburn and how it affects attendences

and i forgot more than i heard

Ticket news:

Phoned again this afternoon on the off chance, no returns have been made, and they definitely wont be getting any more. sad.gif

Looks like a trip to Haydock is on the cards now, then back to a pub in B'burn to watch the game at 5:30 on one of the foreign channels. thumbs-up.gif

Injury news:

Michael Gray out for 2-4 weeks with a torn hamstring

While Andy Todd WILL be fit for City.

So will Gresko be rushed back, or could Taylor be given his first premiership start?

360083[/snapback]

and what of the "Adrimal" (Nelsen)? unsure.gif

My likely line-up for Man City.

Friedal

Neil* Kish Todd Taylor

Emo* Sav Tugay Pedersen

Bellamy Dickov

*Kish at RB, if Neill is too tired. Nelsen slides in at CB

*Thompson for Emo at RM, If Emo is too tired.

Subs:

Lee

Mokoena

Reid

Bentley

Kuqi

Edited by AussieinUk

As far as I understand it City offer up to 1,700 seats to visiting clubs on a sale or return basis, and an additional 1,000 (the Upper Tier) if the visiting club applies a month in advance. You either get 1,700 or 2,900.

A month's notice is required because that's when the tickets start to be sold to City fans. There will already be City fans in the seats above you, so it's too late now. Had you taken up the full allocation, you'd have ended up paying for the tickets you didn't sell.

So far Everton and West Ham have brought 2,500 plus but the other clubs a 1,000 or less. You will be bringing more than most clubs have done.

You could buy tickets in the City ends if you want, but it's a little awkward as you either have to wait till match-day (and there's no guarantee they will be on sale on match-day), or go beforehand in person to the City ticket office as you need to obtain an access card, and you can't do this over the phone / Internet.

If they are on sale on match-day, you pay an extra £1 more, and by then the North and South Stands will probably have sold out, and you'll end up paying £32 in the West and East Stands.

That's expensive, but it is a fantastic stadium. The best in the country in my opinion, and win lose or draw, you'll have a memorable day

I doubt the game will sell out, but it should be our biggest crowd of the season, about 44,000 I reckon.

Nearly all our home games have been moved for Sky (we played EVerton at 11.15 on a Sunday!) which has affected attendances this season, but if we're still doing well I expect we'll have full houses again after XMas

You've probably picked a good time to play City as Joey Barton is suspended, and Reyna is doubtful. Without these two players City are very lightweight in central midfield.

Our danger man could be Vassell, and watch out for a young kid Stevie Ireland in midfield

Hope you all get to the game and have a good day

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.