SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 Sunderland 0

den

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd - Crap again i thought! Zurab should be playing instead of him.

Gray - Doing a decent job but sometimes he needs to stop pushing too far forward and getting caught out. A half- fit Pedersen had to cover for him too much last night.

Reid - 1st touch isnt ideal, however he doesnt shy away from a tackle and if he looses the ball then he always looks to try and win it back.

Tugay - Some good passes last night but he also gave the ball away quite a few times.

Pedersen - Half fit and it showed. Looked abit reserved like he didnt want his injury to flare up. Still it was his cross that we scored the 1st from.

Peter - Considering he is only young - his ability at crossing the ball from the wing & corners is top drawer. He does drift in and out of the game, but he is a proper winger who looks to stay on the wing and likes to have a go at full backs.

Bellamy - Unlucky not to get his hatrick. We look a different club when he plays

Pongolle - Looked like he was willing to put the effort in for the club and in the 1st half he was one of our better players. Once he has worked with our players for a few weeks i can see him being very useful for us!

384585[/snapback]

At last some one who agrees with my reading of the game!

I got about 50 mins of the game recorded on DVD from the Sky Sports 1 highlights of the game, and I really thought Pongo did quite well especially in the first half (faded out a bit in the 2nd). His link up play with Bellamy looked very promising and can only get better as they develop an understanding of each other. He also threaded a couple of superb defence splitting passes to the left wing expecting MGP to run onto them but was disappointed in that direction.

To all the doubters; please use a bit of common sense and give the lad some time.

Tugay has been so good for us it makes me want to cry thinking that he'll be on his way out some time soon. 

385084[/snapback]

It will certainly be an emotional day when he leaves the Ewood pitch for the last time . That is one thing we can all agree on for once smile.giftinykit.gif

That's right Blue Phil.  We'll be cheering a Muslim to the rafters.

385196[/snapback]

Only a grade 1 bigot would be capable of even letting Tugay's religion enter into his/her thoughts, let alone expose them for publication. How do you even KNOW what religion (if any) Tugay holds?

The one and only thing relative to this topic is Tugay as player for Blackburn Rovers and all those who do not have the basic intelligence to see that should refrain from posting!

Edited by Fife Rover

Only a grade 1 bigot would be capable of even letting Tugay's religion enter into his/her thoughts, let alone expose them for publication. How do you even KNOW what religion (if any) Tugay holds?

385384[/snapback]

McGarry wont like that Fife Rover! thumbs-up.gif He's probably complaining to admin about you as we speak. wink.gif

......careful though, it appears some of em actually listen! dry.gif

Edited by thenodrog

How do you even KNOW what religion (if any) Tugay holds?

385384[/snapback]

I think he has said it in an interview. Apparently Hakan Suker used to take breaks from training to get his praying in. blink.gif

I reckon he did more praying than training though.

Edited by ihateburnley

The one and only thing relative to this topic is Tugay as player for Blackburn Rovers and all those who do not have the basic intelligence to see that should refrain from posting!

385384[/snapback]

Only a PC agitator would have swallowed that bait. Numpty. tongue.gif

A bit paranoid there Theno. I don't think I've ever complained to admin, and certainly not about you.

Fife, as for my comments about Tugay, I was poking fun at Blue Phil. You might want to read his views on race issues on others threads to understand why.

Edited by Paul McGarry

I judge Tugay as a footballer - nothing more , nothing less . There is no positive discrimination in football , everyone is judged on their merits . Perhaps if this example was spread throughout society there'd be less hassle ......

Oh BTW , Mcgarry , you seem to be confusing race and religion ...........again rolleyes.gif

Apparently Hakan Suker used to take breaks from training to get his praying in.  blink.gif

I reckon he did more praying than training though.

385395[/snapback]

It was said quite frequently that Hakan Sukur was fit enough to be a top level middle distance runner...he can't have slacked off that much.

Tugay is a class player and he was never all that consistent for us when he first joined so I don't know why people are blaming his age for it now. As for religion...I couldn't care less if he was a Mormon from Utah with six wives who were all also his cousins.*

Many of the people saying Tugay should go are the same who didn't want us to given him another deal last summer. The Turkish Delight has already proved them once wrong.

* Sorry to any people from Utah reading this who aren't married to eight wives who are all their cousins. biggrin.gif

summed up brilliantly sir! bigots, 1st and foremost, and tugay haters have really reached the depths if they are using his religion to illustrate an already threadbare argument!

why even mention it ? his ability and vision shouldnt be questioned. it's not his fault others arent on his wavelength! ( people slagging him are probably the same people who continuously chant reid and sav's names ?)

he's a genius! tugay... i salute you

"i guess you'd say

what can make me feel this way?

tugay!"

* Sorry to any people from Utah reading this who aren't married to eight wives who are all their cousins. biggrin.gif

i'm not offended, but my eight wives are! wink.giflaugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.