BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley Called Up

Ricky

The difference is that England have the players, whereas we don't. The likes of Italy and France simply do not have a superior bunch of players.

:lol: Oh come on Eddie, don't be silly.

Edited by Rovermatt

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But would I find an Italian who would concede that England have a superior bunch of players to the current world champions? :rolleyes:

Only if you convinced him that you are the English rep for the mafia and you own a meat processing factory.

Edited by Fife Rover

But would I find an Italian who would concede that England have a superior bunch of players to the current world champions? :rolleyes:

Probably. It isn't all about your performance in the World Cup. On that basis England are just as good as Brazil and Argentina and better than Spain and I'm sure you would disagree with all three of those.

Probably. It isn't all about your performance in the World Cup. On that basis England are just as good as Brazil and Argentina and better than Spain and I'm sure you would disagree with all three of those.

What's the point? No wonder people are so crushed every time England exit a tournament or play badly.

Anyway, I'm certain any self-respecting Italian fan would laugh in your face if you came out with this sort of drivel.

Edited by Rovermatt

hopefully bentley will get a run out against estonia, since jensa didnt do his self any favours. he is jus unlucky that he plays in the same position as becks. As for mcclaren he is a fool his team the other nyt were a joke.

What's the point? No wonder people are so crushed every time England exit a tournament or play badly.

Anyway, I'm certain any self-respecting Italian fan would laugh in your face if you came out with this sort of drivel.

My drivel is simply that England have good enough players to compete with Italy, I don't think they would laugh at that. I can certainly tell you that French fooball fans have a huge amount of respect for the English game and the England team and probably think more of it then most Englishman. They would certainly think that England are at least on a par with them.

Interesting, David Platt mentioned tonight that England are like Spain. Lots of players that play brilliantly in the league (and Jenas) but when it's all in the pot, someone forgets the salt and pepper, and it isn't quite right. Shame really, you lot should do better. Don't worry about all the rubbish in the paper, you still have to play Russia twice and Croatia again, if you win all of your remaining ties, you'll comfortably qualify. I watched Estonia last night, and I'd be very surprised if they scored. They're not very good, frankly, it should be job done.

One of the problems with the English national team is the press frenzy. If anything goes right, they're the best team in the world, and if anything goes wrong, or even looks like it's going wrong, heads must roll. It takes time to build something up, even with a decent manager. Which McClaren isn't, but there you go. If Lampard ever gets out of his habit of playing really poorly for the national side, or just gets dropped, things will improve immensely. It's too important a position to be carrying someone at.

England are not going to qualify for Swaustria- end of.

It would need a very good squad playing very well for each other taking its chances and not gifting at the other end to go through from where we are now. England fail on all four counts and that is without being handicapped by a rubbish Manager.

Playing Jenas ahead of Bentley actually makes McLaren worse than rubbish.

Bentley and Derbyshire could make quite an impact in the under-21 tournament were it not for the fact that Pearce is even more clueless than McLaren.

One of the problems with the English national team is the press frenzy. If anything goes right, they're the best team in the world, and if anything goes wrong, or even looks like it's going wrong, heads must roll.

Is it any coincidence that many of the journalists who write this stuff are reputed to be Spurs fans?

England are not going to qualify for Swaustria- end of.

It would need a very good squad playing very well for each other taking its chances and not gifting at the other end to go through from where we are now. England fail on all four counts and that is without being handicapped by a rubbish Manager.

Playing Jenas ahead of Bentley actually makes McLaren worse than rubbish.

Bentley and Derbyshire could make quite an impact in the under-21 tournament were it not for the fact that Pearce is even more clueless than McLaren.

They'll qualify, the teams they are up against aren't good enough and I still honestly believe that when push comes to shove they'll produce some uninspiring but needed results.

1 Croatia 6 5 1 0 16 4 12 16

2 Israel 7 4 2 1 15 7 8 14

3 Russia 6 4 2 0 11 1 10 14

4 England 6 3 2 1 9 2 7 11

There are only 12 games and England are 5 points and 5 goals behind Croatia having already played one "goal fest" fixture with Andorra. I cannot see England winning all three home games against Croatia, Israel and Russia the way they are playing at the moment. The away game in Russia will be the crunch and winning that would be against the odds on current form.

Went to Wembley on Friday..... nightmare journey! Took us 3 hours to get to junction 4, but then took another 2 hours to get off the damn junction (to go to Stanmore tube station), so we drove on to Elstree and parked there (across from the big brother house) and got a train to West Hampstead, then tube to Wembley! Got in the ground at 8:05pm, despite setting off at half 1 ! Fantastic stadium, ridiculous prices

My drivel is simply that England have good enough players to compete with Italy, I don't think they would laugh at that. I can certainly tell you that French fooball fans have a huge amount of respect for the English game and the England team and probably think more of it then most Englishman. They would certainly think that England are at least on a par with them.

Here we go again :lol::rolleyes:

Hopefully there is room for Bentley in the qualifier, I think England are going to struggle to qualify so I hope he gets a run to show his worth.

They'll qualify, the teams they are up against aren't good enough and I still honestly believe that when push comes to shove they'll produce some uninspiring but needed results.

Yet it's England who trail behind them.

Does anyone actually think that Bentley should get Englands No.7 shirt ahead of Beckham? No, neither do I!

It's not that I don't think Bentley would do a good job in that position, I think he would, but Beckham has the experience, the charisma, and the hopes and support of the Nation that Bentley understandably would not have. His time will come very soon; in fact as soon as golden balls clears off to LA. So all we need is a little more patience. I do believe however that Bentley should be the first choice as a sub for Beckham.

Fife - I think many people's gripes were not with Beckham starting on the right, rather the endless conveyor belt of overrated midfielders that came on in the later stages of the game.

I'm sure every Rovers fan was watching the same as I was - DOWNING?!?..........DYER?!?...........JENAS?!??????!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!? etc

Why not try a new player in a game that DOES NOT really matter? No, I know, let's play all the players that we are familiar with and then try the new players in the QUALIFIER.

What a complete prick McClaren is.

Yet it's England who trail behind them.

Yes they do, but Italy are behind France; Spain behind Sweden and Northern Ireland; Holland behind Romania; Portugal are behind Poland. England aren't the best team in the world, certainly not, but I think the England bashing that sometimes takes place on this board completely ignores the number of quality English players currently available.

Fife - I think many people's gripes were not with Beckham starting on the right, rather the endless conveyor belt of overrated midfielders that came on in the later stages of the game.

I'm sure every Rovers fan was watching the same as I was - DOWNING?!?..........DYER?!?...........JENAS?!??????!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!? etc

Why not try a new player in a game that DOES NOT really matter? No, I know, let's play all the players that we are familiar with and then try the new players in the QUALIFIER.

What a complete prick McClaren is.

Read my post again; especially the last sentence.

I fully agree that Bentley should be given his chance in a non-important friendly and that he is the first choice for the No.7 shirt after Beckham. In the match against Brazil he should have come on sooner (about the 60 min mark) and as a direct sub for Beckham to play the same role and then we could get a direct comparison. THAT is what I was saying above.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.