BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Horse Racing Thread

Cheltenham is once again upon us next week. The absense of a large number of 'big name' horses has taken the gloss from this year a little bit but come 2.00pm Tuesday I'll soon have forgotten all about that.

No real views on the Champion Hurdle except that although he's earned his right to be well fancied I think Brave Inca is very short at 2/1 (and under in places). He battles but doesnt always quicken after the last and could get done for pace up the hill.

Kauto Star looks banker of the week to me now that Moscow Flyer is beginning to show signs of cracks.

The Gold Cup is truly wide open. At the moment I'm favouring the Hennessy form of Cornish Rebel and L'Ami.

I do have a strong fancy (and a strong word for) another horse at the back end of next week but I'll reveal on Wednesday night to prolonge a bit of suspense.

Anyone have any views on anything this year then?

Edited by Hasta

Denman's my banker on Wednesday. Short at 7/4 but shouldn't be opposed.

Had a tip for Boychuk in the first race on Tuesday. 34/1 on Betfair last time I looked but a nice 7/1 for a place might be worth taking.

I can't see past Brave Inca for the Champion Hurdle Hasta and I'll be lumping on a decent wager to try and get an early lead on the bookies.

Gold Cup is wide open though, going to back One Knight each way I think, even though his jumping is suspect. One thing I will say Beef or Salmon will not win, Kingscliff is a far better bet.

Be lucky people.

Agree with regard to Beef or Salmon. He could well be the best 3 mile chaser in Britain and Ireland on a flat track but his past Cheltenham form is poor and his jumping can always be suspect.

One Knight would have a very good chance if getting round. I think I'm right in saying that he's only been beaten once over fences when he's completed and he lost all chance with a bad error that time.

Agree Denman looks a real machine.

I'm going to have a look at Tuedays card tonight so I'll post any fancies later.

Looks like Boychuk is a non-runner in the opener. Will have to be Sweet Wake then, the Irish have a bit of a monopoly on this race.

Second is a testy little race but I've a sneaky feeling Foreman will go well.

Will stick with Brave Inca for the Champion Hurdle but if it rains Al Eile will go close I'm sure.

Anyway Hasta let's cut to the chase, what's the one you've had a strong word for?

lol, All in good time LD, all in good time.

Having had a look I'm having a quiet day tomorrow.

I quite liked the look of Mister Hight for the first but he's a non runner. He's joint fav for the Triumph on Friday and, as I don't fancy Detroit City, I'll probably be backing him there.

Noland for the placepot then.

In the Arkle, providing the rain doesnt come in any great amount I'm backing Accordian Etoile. Racing Demon is a bigger price than I thought he'd be on the day so I might back him to cover my stake money on Acc Et.

Brave Inca looks OK for the champion hurdle but i'm not backing it at under 2/1.

I've already backed Black De Bessy (4.00) to win and place at silly odds on Betfair. Might have a look at Moulin Riche.

Leaving x-country race alone.

Again already backed Alfred the Great (5.20) to win and place at silly odds on Betfair. Anything can win that though. Depends which trainer has got his novice handicapped the best!

Good luck tommorow. I'll be back tomorrow night to see how you and everyone else has got on.

Asian Maze to win - 12/1 at the moment

390453[/snapback]

Fell over!

Personally I think Cheltenham is crap - we have to open early, its busy, and Ladbrokes 'great new idea' of Betting in Running on a horse race broke the system!! Only 3 more days to go sad.gif

Edited by cn174

Personally I think Cheltenham is crap

Just about sums up my feelings after today - Mr Bet 365 and Mr Skybet must be laughing all the way to the bank tonight. What a nightmare day I have had.

So much for Hardy Eustace making a dream 3 timer. sad.gif

Will just have to try doubly hard tomorrow

I backed Noland and after seeing the way it stuck on up the hill past tiring horses went off Accoridan Etoile and backed Voy Por Estedes as well. Nowhere near after that but still slightly up.

Not had a proper look tommorow yet but backed The Listener at 14/1 around Christmas. Afrad and Lou Du Moulin Mas are of interest. Might not be able to get off work to watch tommorow though. mad.gif

£100 up yesterday thanks to two substantial wagers on Silsong in the 3:05 at Southwell and Brave Inca in the Champion. Losers for me included Sweet Wake, Alderburn and Foreman.

I'm having two more decent bets today on Denman in the Royal Sun Alliance and Sir Jimmy Shand in the 5:40 at Huntingdon. The latter is a short price but should not be missed. Lump on.

Stinker of a day. Never mind. Set off at 6am tommorow for two days down there. Revenge on the bookies will be sweet.

Anyway Hasta let's cut to the chase, what's the one you've had a strong word for?

390444[/snapback]

Andreas in the Grand Annual on Friday. Still thought of as a possible champion chase horse by it's yard.

Poor day also, not a carrot at Cheltenham.

Pulled out of the mire by Sir Jimmy Shand at Huntingdon (got my Denman cash back) and Roma and Liverpool double (which put me 20 notes up).

Flying in the face of popular opinion today but I fancy Baracouda in the World Hurdle.

Be lucky.

lucky 15 today:

2:00 denman

2:35 commercial flyer

3:15 moscow flyer

4:00 no where to hyde

cool.gif

390795[/snapback]

2pm 2nd

2:25 pulled up

3:15 5th then retired after the race

4pm fell at the last laugh.gif

nightmare mad.gif

today lucky 15

2pm turpin queen

2:35 impeck

3:15 emotional moment

4pm billyvodden

after a well bad 3 days at chelenham these will be my final predictions:

i wouldn't go on these as my record this week is worse than sunderlands home record laugh.gif

2pm detroit city

2:35 blackjack ketchum

3:15 beef or salmon

4pm bothar na

i quite fancy kingscliff and cornish rebel(best mates brother) as outsiders for the gold cup but as its paddy irish day beef or salmon will power away.

rover.gif had the gold cup winner,and the last about even for the week,does anyone know a online bookmaker that does the placepot,had a horse placed in every race wed and the pp paid 2k huh.gif  tinykit.gif

391446[/snapback]

Try this waggy from tote (seen as its them who do the placepots smile.gif )

http://www.totesport.com/

Big 'Totepool' button in the left corner is where you wanna go I think!

I've had a better couple of days down there than I did Tuesday / Wednesday. Andreas was disapponting though has had that won I'd have been well up. Had it kept on it's feet I'm sure it wouldn't have been beat off Greenhope but jumpings the name of the game. I'm going to have to follow it now cos normally they go in next time when I'm not looking.

Fondmort was my only winner on Thursday but had Powerstation (2ND) each-way and Whyso Mayo (WON) each way (31/1 win and 7.9/1 place on the tote) on Friday.

Great days but I'm very concerned about how many people they let in now on Gold Cup day. Way too busy. Makes Aintree on National day look spacious.

• 11 months later...

Cheltenham time again next week from Tuesday - Friday. Easily my favourite week of the year even though I'm having to give going down there a miss this year.

Anyone got any early opinions or antepost bets on anything already.

I've backed Hardy Eustace for the Champion Hurdle at 5/1 earlier today.

Oh, and T4E - you know who runs on Friday! :tu:

Edit - Just backed Mister Hight in Wednesdays Coral Cup @12/1 and Fridays County Hurdle @ 14/1 NRNB

Edited by Hasta

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.