BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen For United?

Its more likely he was looking at Reid, but for me MGP's contribution to the team is invaluable.

His direct contribution through goals and assists through his set-plays is irreplaceable.

Duff all over again if we lose him.

Take away MGP's contribution this season and we would never be where we are today.

I do accept though that his general involvement during 90 minutes is not the best, but whose complaining when he pops up to score all the time?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say no. Not even with crazy money.

Why sell a talented young player that's happy with the club?? What does it imply to other good young players?

I hope the club will come out saying 'He's Not For Sale' when club like manure or spud approaches and sign him on for another another 2 years till '10 this summer.

I surely hope that mgp realise that we are the club thats on the up even when comparing to the likes of manure etc. tinykit.gif

I surely hope that mgp realise that we are the club thats on the up even when comparing to the likes of manure etc.  tinykit.gif

392608[/snapback]

Especially as in ManU's case, only losing once and beating them twice out of four games played this season biggrin.gif

MGP contributes a great deal more to Rovers' general play than many give him credit for.

The pass he played Bellamy in with for Rovers' third against Boro was absolutely world class. He dinked a ball going across him first time through a narrow angle between two Boro players at different distances away from him to find Bellamy on side and played exactly at the right pace for Bellars run onto without breaking stride. That has got to be up there pushing for pass of the season and deserved 75% of the praise for all Bellamy's brilliance in finishing.

I would say no. Not even with crazy money.

Why sell a talented young player that's happy with the club??

392608[/snapback]

2 problems:

The club is not flush with money, so silly money would come in very handy

Mgp supports Manyoo, therefore should they come in for him i would think he would at least want to talk to them.

MGP is a fantastic talent but every player is replaceable given enough money.

Morten is very popular with the fans!  Big mistake to let him go!

392567[/snapback]

Correct.

The decline in Rovers' attendances can be traced back to the summer that Souness allowed David Dunn to leave the club.

Pedersen is not a particularly brilliant player but he has become a talisman for alot of fans.

MGP contributes a great deal more to Rovers' general play than many give him credit for.

The pass he played Bellamy in with for Rovers' third against Boro was absolutely world class. He dinked a ball going across him first time through a narrow angle between two Boro players at different distances away from him to find Bellamy on side and played exactly at the right pace for Bellars run onto without breaking stride. That has got to be up there pushing for pass of the season and deserved 75% of the praise for all Bellamy's brilliance in finishing.

392612[/snapback]

Disagree here Philip, pass of the season? a deft flick thats common practice in a lot of games that never comes off. Its one of them where you just get under it and use pace of the ball, I used to be alright at them when younger wink.gif

Anyway..... Someone who works at Ewood told me Scholes was at the game on Saturday, and after taking an eternity to believe him I thought it was potentially to look at either MGP or Reid, and it looks true.

He also informed me Dunny is keen on coming back, and Duff wouldn't say no

Edited by dan_mark_furness

Imagine a combined offer of 15million for Reid and Pedersen.  That, plus any additional money, could see us compete for European football on a regular basis.

However, I have reservations over selling Pedersen, even for a large sum.  He has been extremely influential this season.

392569[/snapback]

Having players like Pedersen in the team is what will see us compete for European football on a regular basis.

Ok so if we sold him we might then be able to spend some cash on someone similar, then it'll take another year to 18 months to get them integrated into the team like Pedersen has. Unless you're very lucky you can't drop players into a team and just expect them to gel.

We're supposed to be building a team here not just deciding which sweeties we'd like off the shelf - ok so its easier to build a team if you can spend some money, but you dont make a start, then chuck away a chunk of what you've done and go back to the beginning again. Jesus! mad.gif

And another thing....we're all concerned about poor gates, well they won't get any better if we get rid of our best and most popular players.

Edited by Laurence

Anyway..... Someone who works at Ewood told me Scholes was at the game on Saturday, and after taking an eternity to believe him I thought it was potentially to look at either MGP or Reid, and it looks true.

392622[/snapback]

Scholes was also at the Breezeblok, apparently looking at Nolan for Man U - they're after a central midfielder to replace Keen, so it seems more likely that it was Reid he was watching, not MGP.

What is it with the angry smiley?  I have said in the same post that you have quoted that I would have reservations over selling somebody who is as influential as MGP.

392631[/snapback]

Apologies tcj - wasn't angry at you, I did notice that you expressed your reservations. Was just letting off a bit of steam generally. There seem to be too many people not too upset at the idea of letting MGP go, sometimes you have to wonder what a player has to do to at Rovers to get appreciated....oh no, here I go again...

For god's sake.  Read my post again.  If, for one second, you are suggesting that MGP has been as influential as Duff was before he was sold, then you're crazy, or stupid.

392633[/snapback]

I didn't say he's been as influential as Duff was, but I did say that comparing the Duff of this season with the MGP of this season I might well go with MGP.

Clearly if Duff came back and recaptured his old form there wouldn't be many players who could hold a candle to him.

chill rover.gif

Edited by Laurence

I didn't say he's been as influential as Duff was, but I did say that comparing the  Duff of this season with the MGP of this season I might well go with MGP.

392637[/snapback]

If Pedersen played for Chelsea he would be completely outshone by the other players as well...Duff showed in his last game for Ireland that he's still a fanastic player, he's just struggling to put that form into his Chelsea performances this season.

As good as Pedersen is, there'd be no contest for me if we had a choice between him or Duff...it'd be Duffer everytime. It's all completely irrelevant though, they may be worth similar amounts in the transfer market now but Duff will be on significantly higher wages than Pedersen...I'd guess at least three times as much per week. It's a none-starter really, I don't think our finances can stretch that far unless we make an unlikely appearance in the Champion's League next season.

I'd prefer it if MGP stayed, he's been one of our best players over the past 18 months and there's still more to come from him. The only thing that would tempt me slightly is that we could have a ready-made replacement in Bentley...it seems he has that knack of scoring goals from the left side, and they're very similar players in some respects. If Bentley could do that we could spend the money on a top quality right-sided player and still have change left over. That's a big 'if' though, probably too big to risk considering how well the team is playing at the moment. One thing is for certain though, Peter could not replace Pedersen yet...he's yet to show he's good enough for the Premiership, let alone good enough to replace a 10-15 goals a season player.

Edited by LeChuck

Unless he wants to leave - why break up a winning team ?

At this moment in time - we have a team with individuals that are gradually improving (i.e. Reid, Bentley, MGP, Neil), all backed up by able squad players (Peter, Emo). Why break up a winning side.

Far better to keep this team together - and just tinker with the weaker elements (ie second striker, left back, creative centre midfield).

Lets back Sparky's ewood revolution  biggrin.gif

Looking at it realistically - the £10m lost by keeping MGP would easily be recovered if he continues to develop and we keep getting european spots (we are on target for approx £5m extra position money this year - plus £10m in the unlikely event we qualify for Euro Money League).

392577[/snapback]

Absolutely spot on.. agree with everything you have stated!

I didn't say he's been as influential as Duff was, but I did say that comparing the  Duff of this season with the MGP of this season I might well go with MGP.

Clearly if Duff came back and recaptured his old form there wouldn't be many players who could hold a candle to him.

chill  rover.gif

392637[/snapback]

Thing is Laurence, I'm not making a comparison with the Duff of this season. My whole point was centered around the respective siuations of selling Duff and, theoretically, selling MGP now.

Point taken though.

Thing is I do appreciate MGP, and think he is a good player. I'm not advocating his sale, as with Reid, because he is so influential, but if we recieved a huge sum of money, then I'm sure we could use it to push on. With Hughes in charge we are less likely to waste it, and this goes back to my first point.

Edited by tcj_jones

MGP scores goals simple as that. Does sweet F.A apart from score goals.

Cannot complain with that.

If the Manky scum make an offer, i say we tell them where they can stuff it.

Players like MGP are a rare comoditity, goal scoring left wingers, theres only one in the Prem and he plays for us. We need Pedersen!!!

He should only be allowed to leave if we get £20+million for him as i am sure the sale of him would upset Bellers and we need him onside not causing trouble.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.