BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen For United?

According to todays LET, Man United are again looking at signing Pedersen in the summer.

Paul Scholes was at the game at the weekend, which the LET believes was a spying mission. Scholes was also at the Bolton game last week when it was believed he was watching Nolan.

What would most fans on here see to be a fair offer for Pedersen & what would we actually be happy taking to sell him?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything above £8million should be snapped up before they change their mind.

392546[/snapback]

He's worth more than £8M in todays market, especially if you consider how few goalscoring wingers/midfielders there are.

£10-12M would be more accurate in my view

We got £17m for Duff from Chelsea. There is no comparison to what we could get from Man Utd. Transfer fees that Chelsea pay cannot be used a indicators as to the state of the market.

I'm happy we could replace Pedersen - we would be better off spending £2m on a left winger (or playing Peter?) and spending the rest on a top class striker who could score what Pedersen scores, if not more.

It's not worth letting him go for less than £10 million. He has his fault's but who doesn't. He's a Man Ure fan but with the marketing from Norway, the goals and assists he gets and the damage to the clubs reputation (in becoming a selling club) £10 million must be a minimum bid in my view. He's a valuble first team player now and the manager seems to appreciate that by putting him straight back in the team after injury.

i doubt paul scholes has been hired as a scout, or been given a spying mission to watch players, doesn't a club like manky hire professionals or expert staff trained in this area for judging player potential?

as for scholes isn't he not playing at the moment because he has eye problems, blurred vision i beleve the reports said?

how is he going to watch players and write a report up with bad eyes? laugh.gif

as far as i know he is only contracted to play football for the manky scum and should be resting or getting treatment, not burning round lancs watching players.

if he has though been scouting though, maybe his eyes seen some qualities in amoruso, he's gone back to fergy with a glowing report and hopefully now he will be united's number 1 summer transfer target.

as for pedersen leaving, that would be a well sad loss and i would be guted as for myself and others as he is a real fans favourite!!!

a midfield player who can score more than 10 goals a season we don't want to lose, i thought we were trying to build a team, not sell our best players!!!

peter is comming up through the youth and looks well promising but imo is not ready yet.

Imagine a combined offer of 15million for Reid and Pedersen. That, plus any additional money, could see us compete for European football on a regular basis.

However, I have reservations over selling Pedersen, even for a large sum. He has been extremely influential this season.

The fact that every prem match this season where morten has scored, and thats quite a few, we have gone on to win.

There are not many left wingers out there, with two great feet, can score 12+ a season and can gives the assists and the joy to the fans that he does.

Hughes would not sell him, only if a bid 15m plus came in and that would be due to the board pressure to sell.

The three best and most talked about in the press players (Bellers, Peds and Reid) we have seem to be the players we talk about leaving all the time. These are the players we should hang on to and build around!

Thats my two pence worth anywho.

Unless he wants to leave - why break up a winning team ?

At this moment in time - we have a team with individuals that are gradually improving (i.e. Reid, Bentley, MGP, Neil), all backed up by able squad players (Peter, Emo). Why break up a winning side.

Far better to keep this team together - and just tinker with the weaker elements (ie second striker, left back, creative centre midfield).

Lets back Sparky's ewood revolution biggrin.gif

Looking at it realistically - the £10m lost by keeping MGP would easily be recovered if he continues to develop and we keep getting european spots (we are on target for approx £5m extra position money this year - plus £10m in the unlikely event we qualify for Euro Money League).

Imagine a combined offer of 15million for Reid and Pedersen.  That, plus any additional money, could see us compete for European football on a regular basis.

392569[/snapback]

just like we did with duffs £17m withstupid.gif

£10m + he can go

Morten is very popular with the fans!  Big mistake to let him go!

You who want him to go - if you don't rate him why do you expect MU to come up with a shedload of cash for him? unsure.gif

392567[/snapback]

Its got nothing to do with rating him. Of course I rate him, he's an excellent player. Bottom line however is that every player has a value, and I'm of the opinion that £8m is close to being MGP's. In the buyers market that Rovers operate in, when you are able to get good value for a player it is always worth looking at.

That aside - I don't want him to go anywhere. I would merely be able to cope with it better if we were to make a decent amount of money on the transaction.

This is all a load of toilet. Man Utd would probably be more interested in some more high profile name to take over from Giggs, so they can sell more shirts and attract the sponsors. It's just typical Big Club + form player = transfer nonsense.

392578[/snapback]

Isn't that the thing though, Norway's David Beckham and all that jazz?

Guest Kamy100

Morten has his faults. However there is no denying that his goals/assists have directly resulted in wins and he is that rarest of commodities of being "A GOAL SCORING WINGER". He is popular with the fans and has a very good reputation generally. Selling him would send all the wrong signals. We should only sell him if a club offers silly money (£13 Million Plus).

Edited by Kamy100

It would be a said loss to see MGP go......

I think it has been on the cards for a while, but we need to get as much for him as we can £10m + is an amount we can't turn down. However if/when it happens we need to buy a decent replacement.

Swap him for Duff !!!!!!!

just like we did with duffs £17m withstupid.gif

£10m + he can go

392581[/snapback]

Well that is presuming we had it all to spend. Of the 10m we did have to spend for the Duff transfer, Souness used a lot of it in one go on Ferguson. He was a quality player at the time but it just didn't quite work out.

Under a manager of Hughes' calibre, 15million is easily enough to build a squad capable of challanging for Europe year in, year out.

I think you'll agree the circumstances are somewhat different here. MGP is influential, but not even in the same league as Duff. Likewise, Reid has been a squad player this season and could easily be replaced.

withstupid.gifsmile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.