BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen For United?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MGP is known as 'Man U Killer' in Korea and the ladies love him.

392722[/snapback]

That has made my day as a lifelong hater of the Mancs! Keep MGP!!!

Back to business- Spuds put down the marker when they leaked an idea of an £8m bid for MGP a few weeks ago. For all the pessimistic realists, if you are going to sell him, at least get the starting market price right.

Any early-20s non-Bosman 10+goals a year midfielders going for only £6m in any decent league?

Edited by philipl

Hi guys am not new to the board but have just been lurking...

I know the type of response this will get so just take it as information and don't slag me off.

From an extremely reliable source I know duffer isn't at all happy at chelsea. Over the last few months he has had a really difficult time OFF the pitch and wants a return to the northwest.

He misses blackburn and still has a lot of friends and and family in the area.

Now that he has made his money do you reckon he will come back and play for us for free haha I doubt it but I really think there could be a possibilty of seeing damian back in a rovers shirt.

Did we have a buy back clause in his contract at all can anyone remeber?

I think Gamst will stay to be honest he seems to have lot of loyalty fingers crossed..

Don't see why you should get a bad response, fozzer. Duffer doesn't look at all happy these days. Even when playing he has a frown on his face. Would be surprised if Chelsea even play him next season.

There's no way we could afford him, even if he fancies a return to Blackburn. Chelski obviously don't need the money and could easily release him on a free, but they'd surely look to financially cripple us in any transfer dealings - if they'd even let another team in the Prem (I was tempted to say rival, but checked myself!) get stronger. wink.gif

As for Gamst, well whatever I may feel about his all-round game, he keeps on scoring. With the lack of another viable option (both on the scoresheet and the left wing) I'd suggest we don't sell him unless we get a ridiculous offer.

I appreciate what you are saying but I can't imagine a scenario whereby £16m puts us in a stronger and safer position. We are already in "a stronger and safer" position than when these two players arrived thanks to the efforts of Hughes and his team on and off the pitch.

If you view this from a purely financial position then, yes, an influx of £16m does improve the club's position but football clubs, especially one in Blackburn's unique position, do not work like this. The effect is also very, very short-term. To sell Bellamy and MGP would immediately undermine all the good work of the past 18 months, leave fans disillusioned and the missing thousands even less likely to return.

Saying no to Utd or any other club is essential unless that club offers such a stupid amount that it is glaringly obvious to the support that there is no choice. So £6m, No but at perhaps £15-20m, Yes. Bellamy even more - he's a proven goal-scorer of enormous ability, he can be like Shearer in our future. Ridiculous amounts, true, but we can't calculate their value just as players, Rovers have to consider their influence in every aspect as we look to build for the future. Sell MGP and/or Bellamy and it's as good as asking Hughes to leave and trebling the price of admission on the same day.

In MGP's case I'm not sure he's actually good enough to get in the Utd side?

392734[/snapback]

Lets try and imagine that BRFC is a business. I know its hard and that no one else ever does on here. Anyway 16 / 20 million for two players who cost us just 4.5 in less than two years is superb business! What price too for Nelsen and Neill our other two most saleable assets? 20-25 million in total for 4 players that cost about £6m! Superb! In fact I'd tie Sparky and his team to the club by putting them on a 20% share of transfer profits between them. They'd find leaving mighty difficult then!

A decade ago we were Prem Champs, had KMD as manager with National captains and professional icons Shearer and Hendry as kingpins in our team. A policy as outlined above with those 3 responsible for developing young talent (and rewarded appropriately) might just have seen most of the 2 nations young talent signing for us....and we went and let it all slip. sad.gif

The only criteria we need to adhere to is that we plan the time to sell our young diamonds and to ensure we have a conveyor belt line of new talent coming on. All my days BRFC have been left stranded by selling their best players without lining up adequate replacements. Brockhall has the facilities to cope and attract the best. If we become known as the best place for developing talent into future superstars budding talent will be forming an orderly cue.

Don't forget the world is a big place. 10 years ago we foolishly missed out on Zidane and Dugarry whilst we were sidetracked in struggling to imagine a life without Shearer Sutton and Hendry............ 4 years ago we couldn't imagine life without Jansen, Duff and Dunn......... Now it's MGP, Bellamy and Nelsen. Tempus fugit guys. We would do well to choose to imitate bulls rather than bears.

*def

academy.....

An association of artists, scholars, etc. that aims to maintain professional standards and to promote the affairs of its members.

Edited by thenodrog

There's no way we could afford him, even if he fancies a return to Blackburn. Chelski obviously don't need the money and could easily release him on a free, but they'd surely look to financially cripple us in any transfer dealings - if they'd even let another team in the Prem (I was tempted to say rival, but checked myself!) get stronger. wink.gif

As for Gamst, well whatever I may feel about his all-round game, he keeps on scoring. With the lack of another viable option (both on the scoresheet and the left wing) I'd suggest we don't sell him unless we get a ridiculous offer.

392770[/snapback]

Understand what ya saying mate but I was going on if MGP should leave (and I really hope he doesn't that would free up some money to maybe move for Damien.

As I said before I am postive we wrote in a buy back clause when we sold him I have tried searching for it in Google but can only find that ****** 17mil release clause.

Off topic: Roversmum do you know a lady called Ruth from Liverpool?

John Williams got there before you 'drog- transfer market for players better than we've got and the Academy for building the squad.

The key to good business is good timing. Somehow, I don't think this summer is the best time to sell MGP, Bellamy, Neill and Nelsen. At the end of the day, every business needs assets it can sweat as well as assets it can sell.

As for giving Hughes et al, a 20% stake in transfer fees- isn't that called bungs? Probably the reason why good financial and managerial control has been introduced at football clubs dividing the financial transaction which is conducted by the CEO from the target selection which is the Manager's responsibility unless the owner is called Romanov, Ellis, Mandaric etc etc.

Edited by philipl

I don't think this summer is the best time to sell MGP, Bellamy, Neill and Nelsen. At the end of the day, every business needs assets it can sweat as well as assets it can sell.

392818[/snapback]

Exactly!

As for giving Hughes et al, a 20% stake in transfer fees- isn't that called bungs? Probably the reason why good financial and managerial control has been introduced at football clubs dividing the financial transaction which is conducted by the CEO from the target selection which is the Manager's responsibility unless the owner is called Romanov, Ellis, Mandaric etc etc.

392818[/snapback]

You got it.

Bellamy needs a full injury free season before anyone will come in and pay big money for him. Then we'd be talking Michael Owen type transfer money, he's that good.

Reid also needs a full season consistantly performing well. He'd be foolish to want away.

Neill and Nelson are both great players but are prone to the odd error. Only the elite defenders command huge wages and transfer fees. The fact that there're not English also devalues tham a bit.

All the above I see us keeping this summer, the only player who could go is MGP.

We don't want to sell him, and I'm sure the club would rather keep him than cash in. But if Man U can't get Duff (Chelsea wouldn't let them) and come in with a £10 million bid, along iwith agents and press reports, the player will soon be unsettled. And we all know what happens then.

We could easily bring back Dunn and/or Duff on loan to rescue the fans.

Don't see why you should get a bad response, fozzer.  Duffer doesn't look at all happy these days.  Even when playing he has a frown on his face.  Would be surprised if Chelsea even play him next season.

392766[/snapback]

I,ve noticed that too RM, think I even commented on it somewhere. He simply does not seem to be enjoying his footy like he used to. The only time I have seen him look happy lately is when he was playing for Ireland. I don't think he is allowed the freedom at Chelsea that he used to enjoy here.

I'm not sure if I've missed something here, but I don't think anybody has suggested selling Bellamy and Nelsen and probabaly even MGP.

Personally, I think MGP could be replaced, maybe even for free with Peter, and we would still have real money to play with in the transfer market. Imagine what we could do with, say, 8 million...

However, I agree that he is a fans favourite, and his exit could cause real disillusion. He is also extremely influential, and by leaving could upset the balance of a winning team.

As for Bellamy and Nelsen. Well they are probably our best and most influential players. Bellamy on his own I wouldn't sell for 20 million and I don't think any offer for Nelsen would be large enough.

I think Pedersen is one of my favourite players on the squad and I would really be sad to see him go, but like others have brought up we were pretty much all sad to see the likes of Shearer, Duff, Dunn etc. leave also. I think if the right bid comes in we must sell. He is an excellent player and a good prospect for the future so from other players that have been sold I would say he is worth at least 12 million pounds.

Don't see why you should get a bad response, fozzer.  Duffer doesn't look at all happy these days.  Even when playing he has a frown on his face.  Would be surprised if Chelsea even play him next season.

392766[/snapback]

Not sure about that one, mum, Mourinho seems to have a soft spot for Duffer smile.gif

For what it's worth, Fozzer, even though I don't normally believe in so-called "reliable sources" - Duff does look bored, uninterested and very uninspired at Chelsea these days - so I believe you when you say he wants to leave. Doesn't mean it's going to happen though, a few kind words from Josie and a title can do magic for him I'm sure wink.gif

Don't see why you should get a bad response, fozzer.  Duffer doesn't look at all happy these days.  Even when playing he has a frown on his face

392766[/snapback]

Indeed. He looked a completely different player for Ireland a couple of weeks ago (Horrible experience for me as a Swede though sad.gif). Now exactly what that's due to, I don't know. Could be that he was given more freedom, and it could be that he was in a familiar enviroment, one he feels comfortable in.

But to go from him being potentially interested in a move to the northwest there is some way to go for that to actually happen. And even if it does happen, there are plenty of clubs he could move to that would make it possible for him to live in his old area.

Anyone thinking we woulkd get anything over £12 million for MGP is living in La La Land.

Unfortunatly for us, it really dosen't matter whether selling are best players fits in with our current mentality under Hughes, the simple fact is if the big clubs come knocking the chances are if the player fancies it he'll be off, they have all the power.

I doubt United will come in for him anyway.

MGP is known as 'Man U Killer'.

392722[/snapback]

I reckon the media have got hold of the fact that he's played well against Utd and that he's also a fan and put it together. But is still pure speculation, which is bound to go overboard when the summer transfer sagas start. rolleyes.gif

As for Duff, would be good to see him back, feeding passes to a fully fit Bellamy.

for me its dowm to a number of factors which are;

how much we get for a player

have we some one in the club who can replace him

who the manager is

does the team need changeing

everone has there price and if a club meets that price the player will go,for me anything betweem 10-12 mill and he will go

have we someone to replace him, yes peter

who the manager is, is vital, under GS the use of money was not always good, under MH the money he has spent has todate been very well used, and as such I am sure we will use future money in the same manner

Does the team need changing, well MH as stated that if we are to move on to the next level some new players are needed, and as such the money we get from the sale could be reused.

NO one wants to sell there good players, but if the club needs the money to re-jig the team them that will happen blink.gif

"John Williams got there before you 'drog- transfer market for players better than we've got and the Academy for building the squad."

More like he read one of my previous posts on the subject of BRFC's position in the footballing world. 

"As for giving Hughes et al, a 20% stake in transfer fees- isn't that called bungs?"

Dunno what type of businesses you have been involved in in the past Philip  (granted you living overseas may be a pointer huh.gif ) but in most business circles it's called either commision or bonus.

392818[/snapback]

Edited by thenodrog

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.