BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Smoking Ban At Ewood

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the logic here. Ban smoking in the stands but not on the concourses? One area is well ventilated, the other is like an opium den at half time. I'd been considering moving out of the FS to the JW but won't be now as the atmosphere on the concourses is so unpleasant at half time.

Surely it would have been far simpler to ban smoking entirely. This staged approach means those who object will have two seasons to get used to it instead of one.

I don't understand the logic here. Ban smoking in the stands but not on the concourses? One area is well ventilated, the other is like an opium den at half time. I'd been considering moving out of the FS to the JW but won't be now as the atmosphere on the concourses is so unpleasant at half time.

Surely it would have been far simpler to ban smoking entirely. This staged approach means those who object will have two seasons to get used to it instead of one.

394978[/snapback]

Doesn't the JW have a complete ban?

an early smoking ban could degrade our attendences even more.

when i went to blackburn's pre season with a friendly with swansea, there is a complete no smoking ban there already and to be honest all those who wanted to smoke pilled into the toilets anyway including myself ph34r.gif

Edited by jansenpresty10@wales

Doesn't the JW have a complete ban?

394983[/snapback]

Lat time I was in the JW (Leeds?) it was banned in the stand but allowed on the concourse. The club announcement states smoking on all concourses excpet the FS.

I think it will have a positive affect on the attendances because i for one, hate people sat infront of me smoking. And im sure many others do also

395002[/snapback]

young kids and family's maybe, but on a whole the regular smokers are going to have to start getting used to it as the complete ban comes in at the start on the 2007 season.

i can understand why not smokers hate people smoking in seats infront of them but i feel there will be a few unhappy fans with the non smoking ban.

maybe a smoking section could be arranged? just a thought tongue.gif

when i went to blackburn's pre season with a friendly with swansea, there is a complete no smoking ban there already and to be honest all those who wanted to smoke pilled into the toilets anyway including myself

As a non-smoker myself this is a practice I really abhor. I usually need to use the toilets at half-time and have great difficulty dealing with the smoke/smell of smoking in the concourse, and when people do it in the toilets it's worse.

Now as a smoker, I dont mind not smoking during the match, but I would like the opportunity to have a ciggie at half time.

For a smoker, the thought of not being able to have a fag for 2+ hrs is quite off putting.

I imagine if a game is being shown on Sky, there'll be more of an incentive to watch the game on the box.

Could the club not arrange a smoking area, maybe in the corner of the stands, away from the seats and the concourse?

Could the club not arrange a smoking area, maybe in the corner of the stands, away from the seats and the concourse?

395039[/snapback]

Were hardly pushed for space, non smoking stands and smoking stands. With only 18k coming through the gate ventilation isn't a problem is it.

Visiting Toronto this week and went to a Raptors game at the Air Canada Centre. What they do is have an outside area that is cordoned off for smokers to go out and grab a smoke, but still not be easy for people to use sneak in without tickets.

Visiting Toronto this week and went to a Raptors game at the Air Canada Centre. What they do is have an outside area that is cordoned off for smokers to go out and grab a smoke, but still not be easy for people to use sneak in without tickets.

395118[/snapback]

That was something I was thinking of, otherwise your going to get people smoking where they shouldn't be, like it was at the wigan away game.

rover.gif i'm not a smoker but these smoking bans at football,the pub,the town centre is total rollocks,pc madness,i bet half of you groaning and moaning are ex smokers.once this has full effect it will be us poor drinkers next mad.giftinykit.gif

Now as a smoker, I dont mind not smoking during the match, but I would like the opportunity to have a ciggie at half time.

Don't you have the opportunity to get out of Ewood Park at half-time with a passout or a swipe of your ticket? It happens down here for Australian rules games and it works a treat for smokers (smoking is banned everywhere inside a stadium).

Because us non smokers shouldnt have a say on the matter and we should get throat cancer etc but not say anything!

FFS people moaning bout not being able to have a fag for a couple of hours & maybe having a smoking section! It is TWO HOURS! Why should other people have to breath in your cigarette fumes??

395128[/snapback]

FFS people moaning bout not being able to have a fag for a couple of hours & maybe having a smoking section! It is TWO HOURS! Why should other people have to breath in your cigarette fumes??

395128[/snapback]

Your missing the point Jamie, what I want is the opportunity to go and have a fag somewhere, where it wont affect the non-smokers.

I am hoping to have given up smoking by then anyway, but people who do smoke should have a right to do it, even if it means setting up an area outside the ground.

Forcing us to wear seat belts, taking away the ability to smoke.

The sad part is as they slowly take away our liberties you sheep just sit back and let them without a complaint. By the time they take away our right to free speech (among others), you won't care.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.