BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squad Numbers 06-07

with the new jersey realeased this summer i was planning on buying it with bellamy 11 on the back :angry:

obviously with the events of the past few days it looks like this will be a daft thing to do, so i thought pedersen and 12, but then with the number 10 unused and the number 11 departing maybe there will be some changes?

last season tugay went to number 16 with savage taking the number 8 for example.

you would look a bit of a idiot with the wrong number eh?

does anybody know when they are released for this season or know of any changes i would we well happy? :rover:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the new jersey realeased this summer i was planning on buying it with bellamy 11 on the back :angry:

obviously with the events of the past few days it looks like this will be a daft thing to do, so i thought pedersen and 12, but then with the number 10 unused and the number 11 departing maybe there will be some changes?

last season tugay went to number 16 with savage taking the number 8 for example.

you would look a bit of a idiot with the wrong number eh?

does anybody know when they are released for this season or know of any changes i would we well happy? :rover:

it's normally august time i think. gamst needs to have 11 this year!!! i guess a lot depends on which and how many strikers we get.

Meh, Gamst is accustomed to 12 now, he needs to keep that and let Peter have 11. The new number 10 will be interesting.

Anyways, as for your shirt I guess you can't go wrong with 6 Nelsen :rover:

Looking at the squad list I see Lee has already removed Bellamy but Amo is still there....

Looking at the squad list I see Lee has already removed Bellamy but Amo is still there....

Just noticed that too. And Gresko as well. wasn't he released?

Numbers available currently:

18 (Gresko's number)

Same. I'm shattered that I can't show off my future Rovers shirt with a world class name on my back. Will have to wait it out to see who to go for now...

Same. I'm shattered that I can't show off my future Rovers shirt with a world class name on my back. Will have to wait it out to see who to go for now...

Nelsen is world class. If you want more glamour then why not Tugay or Pedersen?

I think I am going to plump for Tugay.

thats what i have been doing, our activity in the transfer market on incoming players is well slow at the moment, it doesn't really bother me though as these things do take time and hughes wants to bring in the right faces.

i'm going on holiday soon and i wan't our new shirt with a new signing on the back, the sooner the better, our number 10 is up for grabs too, does anyone remember the fuss i made when dickov had it of jansen :lol:

That's well gay.

yep, very sad.

i'd be physically sick, if rovers donated the number 12 shirt to the fans.

retiring shirt numbers should only be done when club legends leave. the '12' shouldve been retired when the legendary nicky marker left! :P

Meh, Gamst is accustomed to 12 now, he needs to keep that and let Peter have 11. The new number 10 will be interesting.

I agree. Gamst should keep number 12. The other question is if he is allowed to have 'Gamst' on shirt instead of 'Pedersen'. I know that this is something he really wants, but was not allowed to have last year.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Gamst should keep number 12. The other question is if he is allowed to have 'Gamst' on shirt instead of 'Pedersen'. I know that this is something he really wants, but was not allowed to have last year.

If that's the name he wants to be known as, let all of us fans call him that and put "Gamst" in a song such as "All you need is Gamst la la la la la." After all he has replaced Duff.

they retire shirt numbers in american sports like baseball, ice hockey etc and hang them up around their stadiums.

wayne grezky(sp) 99 shirt number of the ny rangers is retired and the whole of the nhl too.

In oz the footy players numbers get retired for a few years from good players and then are given to a top prospect. Also if you play a 100 games in a number for a club your name is written on the locker of the corresponding number and stays their forever

Bellamy isn't world class

Some of his performances for us were not from it, had he had a full supporting staff I have no doubt he would it could likely have had his name uttered in those terms. Several of his finishes WERE World Class, IMHO

Edited by USABlue

• 4 weeks later...

according to the rules and a mate of mine who's fairly good with knowledge, the f.a. recieves the squad numbers from all premiership clubs 7 days before the season begins which is 12/08/2006 i.e. saturday which is tomorrow.

for those buying the new shirts and want the correct names and numbers they should be availible from tomorrow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.