Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

France 1 Portugal 0

Perth_Rover

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing that 5 of the French side, including Zidane, are on yellow's I have a sneaky feeling that the Portuguese will be on fine form trying to get them all banned. This may backfire, if a player is going to miss the WC final they have no reason to hold back.

France 4-6 Portugal (bookings)

At least 1 sending off.

No bitterness here.

Please explain why would Portugal benifit from Zidane and the others getting yellow cards. I think Italy would be the lucky team.

Portugal as a similar problem but I don't care if Figo or any other gets the second yellow card and a ban for the next game as long as we win it today.

Not fussed who wins this one, just as long as Italy wins the final. Although I suppose beating France in Final will be good to avenge the Euro 2000 final when Italy lost on the bloomin' Golden Goal.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease GOD let France win this.

If there's any justice in the world...

Rest easy Shev old chap.

France 3 Potugal 1

Christina carried off after being stamped in the privates. Could not be treated by the physio as he couldn't find any.

I'm going for a France win. I've been quite lucky with my predictions from the quarter finals and semi finals, the only one I've gotten wrong so far is Argentina and Germany. Even though I want France to win, I always have mixed feelings when it comes to this stage of the competition. I've always liked France and have spent all my summers apart from one in France. Added to this I'd love to see great players like Thuram and Zidane go out with another World Cup medal. However, at the same time I'd like to see a player like Figo win something with his national team to make up for Euro 2004. Moreover, players like Cannavaro and Zambrotta deserve a World Cup.

In the end, only won team can win it and I think France will tonight.

Stark contrast to yesterday, lame game of football with the Portugese doing their reputation no favours whatsoever! Referee's been pants. How have Portugal got this far with the two worst strikers in the competition in Pauleta and Postiga?

For all the criticism Pauleta has received, just look as his goal record. He's a poacher (like Owen) and cannot play on his own up front, he needed help and never got it from Deco.

England will probably not get as good a chance to win the World Cup in the near future as they had in this tournament. Apart from the Argies, none of the teams were that good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.