BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Try putting Neil Peart into the search engine on Youtube, some excellent drum solo footage on there. :tu:

Drum solo. Oh JFHCA!

Was 1978 all in vain?

Does the sound of Rat Scabies playing a drum solo while the rest of The Damned chant "God, this is boring" not mean anything to you young people?

Drum solo. Oh JFHCA!

Was 1978 all in vain?

Does the sound of Rat Scabies playing a drum solo while the rest of The Damned chant "God, this is boring" not mean anything to you young people?

We're all just irony-seeking hipsters. :ph34r:

If there are any Idlewild fans out there, then I strongly suggest you listen to the Idlewild front man, Roddy Woomble's, new solo album My Secret Is My Silence. The track of the same title is a real achievement. All in all, it's a magnificent album.

I also suggest that anybody that can get their hands on 100 Broken Windows or The Remote Part, again by Idlewild, do so. Two of the finest albums I have ever heard.

On the same subject, has anybody had a chance to listen to their latest album Warnings / Promises?

Edited by tcj_jones

If there are any Idlewild fans out there, then I strongly suggest you listen to the Idlewild front man, Roddy Woomble's, new solo album My Secret Is My Silence. The track of the same title is a real achievement. All in all, it's a magnificent album.

I also suggest that anybody that can get their hands on 100 Broken Windows or The Remote Part, again by Idlewild, do so. Two of the finest albums I have ever heard.

On the same subject, has anybody had a chance to listen to their latest album Warnings / Promises?

Good call. Idlewild are very underated. Hope Is Important is also a cracking album.

Cheers for the heads up on the solo album as I wasnt aware that he had done one. Off to play now to buy it B)

No probs Cocker :)

Like you say, Idlewild are extremely underated and I cannot believe that so few people know of them. They were recently voted Scotland's third best band of all time though, so maybe they are getting some recognition. Saying that, I can't think of anything good that has come out of Scotland :ph34r:

Roddy's solo album is very different to his work with Idlewild, I will warn you, but it is really beautiful. Nowhere near as rocky, more Scottish folk really. The track My Secret Is My Silence is absolutely magnificent.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your album!

Idlewild.....great band :tu:

Saying that, I can't think of anything good that has come out of Scotland

Bay City Rollers? B.A Robertson? Wet wet wet? Deacon Blue?......hmmm <_< come to think of it, you`re right!

:lol::lol:

I wasn't too impressed with Warnings/Promises. Apparently the next one will be a bit more noisey, which is good. The first album was definitely the best. Everyone Says You're Fragile and I'm Happy to Be Here Tonight are two real highlights.

Scotland tends to be a bit crap for bands, but c'mon cletus and tcj - Teenage Fanclub? Brilliant - and a big influence on Idlewild. :)

Scotland tends to be a bit crap for bands, but c'mon cletus and tcj - Teenage Fanclub? Brilliant - and a big influence on Idlewild.

Twoz only having a laugh :) some decent stuff come out of Sconny Botland.....Big Country were an 80s fave of mine. :tu:

Anybody remember The Almighty? They were swetties aswell (i think) ? :huh:

If you like rock from the 60's and 70's, especially Led Zep, then you must get a new album by THE ANSWER who are a new british band that nobody knows about. Really good listen, good rifts and solos, its only their first album so they are not perfect but im telling you now..............they are going to be BIG!!!

I bought the new Razorlight album last week and was a bit dissappointed to be honest.

I also thought the latest Snow Patrol wasn't as good as the first offering, although did have a few very good tracks on it.

Picked up one of the older White Stripes albums as well - De Stijl. Absolutely excellent. Especially the opening track. He's a very clever lyricist on the quiet. Elephant is one of those albums that somehow never gets taken out of the CD changer in any of the cars.

This morning I was listening to "A briefcase full of blues" by the Blues Brothers. Fabulous Live R+B by talented musicians, rather than what passes for R+B these days. Rubber biscuit is pure class.

Cheshireblue...."I also thought the latest Snow Patrol wasn't as good as the first offering, although did have a few very good tracks on it."

Eyes Open is Snow Patrols 3rd offering. They did a little known album in 1999 called "Songs For Polarbears"....which is ok, but is a bit rough around the edges.

The Final Straw is a great album :tu: , which catapulted them into the lime-light, but i`m really pleased :) with Eyes Open & is hardly off my stereo at the moment. The new single chasing cars is excellent. :tu:

I am now trying to hunt down some gig tickets for Snow Patrol, so if anyone knows where i can get some? :huh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.