BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

A big round of applause for Sting....

CB3A7609-B227-34FA-89682156A9F81CBE.jpg

I don't like his scruffy beard and I don't like one of the songs I heard last week on his new album "If On A Winter's Night", but I wholeheartedly agree with Gordon Sumner (aka Sting) on how utterly vile and appalling 'The X Factor' is.

In an interview with London's Evening Standard, Sting says: "The X Factor is televised karaoke. It's a preposterous show and you have judges who have no recognisable talent apart from self-promotion, advising them what to wear and how to look. It is appalling. It's a soap opera which has nothing to do with music."

Well said Sting - who appears to have recently dyed his grizzly beard from grey to black.

A case of massage in a bottle - of hair colour.

Link below:

Sting attacks appalling X Factor show

One of my favourite songs from Sting is "They Dance Alone", about the Chilean women left alone after evil Mr Pinochet [removed - see below] tortured and killed thousands of people.

[Removed - Not relevant to this topic and designed at taking it off topic]

Video link to the song "They Dance Alone" here

Edited by modes98
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest andrewpickup

ive seen both muse and greenday recently, but didnt do anything for me , i should have known as stadium gigs never do, greenday for perhaps the first 3 albums of their career were special but now millionaires singing punk songs to a vast audiience hold no resonance for me.

i saw a band called stornoway recently at glasto, they popped up again recently on jools. i like the look of them and the dead weather are good live.

I always think it takes a really special, creme de le creme band to pull off a stadium gig well. Unfortunately there are only a small handful of these in the world right now, so bands such as Greenday, Muse et al are getting these gigs. That isn't a criticism of those bands as I think they are both good bands, but when I see those, along with some of the other acts doing stadiums, it makes me wince a tad.

I always think it takes a really special, creme de le creme band to pull off a stadium gig well. Unfortunately there are only a small handful of these in the world right now, so bands such as Greenday, Muse et al are getting these gigs. That isn't a criticism of those bands as I think they are both good bands, but when I see those, along with some of the other acts doing stadiums, it makes me wince a tad.

I saw Muse at Wembley stadium the other year (the same show as the HAARP album & DVD) they were truly awesome. I know it comes down to individual tastes, but it was the best live performance i`ve ever seen.....& i`ve seen some great shows & some top bands over the years.

I like Muse, and saw them live at Leeds Festival. I have no doubt big Muse fans would love to see them rocking it out in a stadium, but as a casual fan I would always prefer to see that kind of band in a more intimate (arena) setting.

Muse have just announced they're playing LCCC on Sept 4th and Wembley Stadium Sept 11th next year. Tickets on sale next Friday. Obviously they aren't paying any attention to your concerns, shillito!

....just as i predicted last week ;)

Posted 08 November 2009 - 20:33 PM

MUSE were awesome in Dublin

Fantastic show & excellent venue!

Surprised to see there wasn`t any support act for the Dublin gig. Although Muse played for 2+ hours.

I`ve got a feeling they`ll be playing Wembley Stadium again next summer.

The GF is now a Muse addict

I heard it on Absolute radio today. Hopefully i`ll be lucky enough to snap some tickets up. The offish Muse website says "plans for pre-sale to website members to be announced"

The gf wants to go Wembley again

Indeed Simon. You should check out the Austin Heights show, something I had to purchase once hearing Perry Farrell joined them on stage to do 'Mountain Song,' one of my favourite Jane's Addiction songs.

I went for the LA show with Chris Cornell joining them to perform Hunger Strike.

Awesome!

I spent the weekend down in London watching two Carter USM gigs, they are still almost as good as they were in the 90s. But keep an eye out for two of the support acts who stood out.

Tim Ten Yen - Who did catchy clever poppy stuff, but never taking itself seriously. Imagine mixing Yazoo, Hot Chip and John Shuttleworth.

The King Blues - An awesome mix of ska, reggae, punk and folk wrapped around carter-esque guitars and lyrics. They are absolutely brilliant.

Old Trafford and Wembley ahoy!

Did you get your tickets through the link on muse website (seetickets.com)???

If so, have you had any confirmation email yet? I haven`t had any & the website said they`d send a confirmation email within 4hrs.

I`ve emailed them today, still waiting reply from them.

They better not #### my muse tickets up!!! :angry2:

SeeTickets are @#/? for email. I've bought loads from them, and get emails about 50% of the time.

Go to the order tracker on the front page, and put your postcode and last 4 digits of card in.

Cheers Ste :tu:

I`ve done that, & they know who i am (i`m on their database) & that i`ve ordered 3 tickets. Just no confirmation from them as yet.

Cheers Ste :tu:

I`ve done that, & they know who i am (i`m on their database) & that i`ve ordered 3 tickets. Just no confirmation from them as yet.

You wont get it.

I blame BT Internet for mine,as mails to work come straight through,.

Kiss Sonic Boom over Europe tour 2010

07/05 Dublin O2 Arena, Ireland

09/05 Glasgow SECC, Scotland

10/05 Manchester MEN Arena, England

11/05 Birmingham LG Arena, England

13/05 London Wembley Arena, England

16/05 Zurich Hallenstadion, Switzerland

17/05 Geneva Arena, Switzerland

18/05 Milan Mediolanum Forum, Italy

20/05 Vienna Stadhalle, Austria

21/05 Ostrava Cez Arena, Czech Republic

23/05 Prague O2 Arena, Czech Republic

26/05 Berlin O2 World, Germany

27/05 Leipzeg Arena, Germany

29/05 Bratislava Stadium, Slovakia

31/05 Hamburg Colorline Arena, Germany

01/06 Oberhausen, Koenig Pilsner Arena, Germany

08/06 Trondheim Lekendal Open Site, Norway

10/06 Tampere Sauna Rock, Finland

12/06 Stockholm Stadium, Sweden

13/06 Malmo Stadium, Sweden

14/06 Oslo Valhall, Norway

16/06 Aalborg Gigantium, Denmark

18/06 Aarnhem,Gelredome, Holland

20/06 Nantes Hellfest, France

22/06 Madrid Palacio De Los Deportes, Spain

25/06 Vitoria Azkena Rock Festival, Spain

27/06 Graspop Festival, Belgium

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.