BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Going to see pueressence on friday. They supported Depeche Mode last month in Greece! :rolleyes:

love puressence, for some reason they are massive in greece.that's the reason they are still around.

I think they are being supported by a band called the number who themselves are really good, you can find a few of there tunes on youtube.

Late of the Pier are absolutely brilliant on record can't wait for their next album.

I saw chase and status at evolution festival the other day absolutely brilliant they dropped a vip of Subfocus 'rock it' and pieces (where plan B joined them on stage). Anyone who is into d&b will know who i'm on about.

Metronomy and tommy sparks good as well although NME only gave tommy sparks a 5 for his album.

Really enjoying 'Intimacy' by Bloc Party and although its quite old 'In Rainbows' by Radiohead!

Downloaded Kasabian's new album pre-release.

Some really good tracks on the album including Underdog (off the sony bravia advert with Kaka playing footy) and the latest single Fire.

I think it sounds more similar to the first album than the previous one, but not sure if it's quite as good as either, to be fair though i've only given it a couple of listens so far.

Any one else managed to get hold of it, and what do reckon?

Metronomy and tommy sparks good as well although NME only gave tommy sparks a 5 for his album.

Really enjoying 'Intimacy' by Bloc Party and although its quite old 'In Rainbows' by Radiohead!

Metronomy are ace, been into them for a while now, They look bloody mental live!

I'm a bit behind the times here, but I'm listening to the Editors: An End Has A Start, and I've been totally blown away. Wow, unbelievable lyrics.

His voice is so passionate, so resentful, so angry, so passionate - I love this album so, so much.

We went to see the Pet Shop Boys tonight at Manchester Apollo.

:unsure: (think I'm safe - don't think Thenodrog reads this thread) :o

Wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it as much as going to see proper music live, but it was actually really good (especially for us children of the 80s).

And (20 seconds into this clip) -

Really liking this track at the moment.

The Chapman Family - Kids

When I went to evolution fest in newcastle I met a flatmate of one of the band who was behind the counter in USC weirdly enough... its a small world eh?

good song by the way.

Really like delphic at the moment

Edited by jny

Just watched Neil Young play Glastonbury from last night and he was fantastic, we also got a mention as he finished with "A day in the life"

Why don't we have that as a song on the terraces?

Downloaded a leaked track off The Cribs new album which is set to come out in September, the tracks called 'We Were Aborted' and is as fantastic as i expected it to be. Can't wait to see them in Oct and for the new album esp. now Johnny Marr has joined the band.

Edited by brfc_ben

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointing. Although I've only had a couple of listens so I've not given it a chance to grow on me yet. I was hoping so much that they would revert back to the more original and raw sound of their earlier albums not the commercial stuff they've dishing out more recently.

Not holding out too much hope though having heard that.

It just frustrates the hell out of me to hear all the critics giving Black Holes and revelations so so much praise and saying the band have come of age and that this is their best music to date. GRRRR

They have taken massive steps backwards. The more commercial sound has made them loose something which was the reason they were such a great band in the first place. The music has lost some of its passion and heart. A band that used to be able to take you on a roller-coaster of emotions in one song which with each listen became more meaningful and almost like a part of you are now releasing music which after a couple of listens you think, hmmm thats a catchy tune but which eventually bores you.

Sorry rant over

• 2 weeks later...
They have taken massive steps backwards. The more commercial sound has made them loose something which was the reason they were such a great band in the first place. The music has lost some of its passion and heart.

That was shockingly poor. 'Origin of Symmetry' was a masterpiece. 'Absolution' was almost as good. Why did they have to sell out and start making music that aims to please as many people as possible, but music that, as was rightly pointed out above has lost all of its heart.

I used to be a big "indie/rock" fan but no bands out there are making good music anymore and somehow I've found myself listening to instrumental/experimental/progressive music. Bands like: Caspian, Morning After Girls, Kayo Dot, This Will Destroy You, Rosetta, Khoma, Red Sparowes, Mono, Isis, Evpatoria Report etc etc etc

When the new Muse album comes out and sells a few million copies (which it will) and the new Caspian album comes out and sells under 5,000 copies. I'll be crying. I just don't understand why so many people like s*!t music - which unfortunately it sounds like the new Muse album will be :(

That was shockingly poor. 'Origin of Symmetry' was a masterpiece. 'Absolution' was almost as good. Why did they have to sell out and start making music that aims to please as many people as possible, but music that, as was rightly pointed out above has lost all of its heart.

I used to be a big "indie/rock" fan but no bands out there are making good music anymore and somehow I've found myself listening to instrumental/experimental/progressive music. Bands like: Caspian, Morning After Girls, Kayo Dot, This Will Destroy You, Rosetta, Khoma, Red Sparowes, Mono, Isis, Evpatoria Report etc etc etc

When the new Muse album comes out and sells a few million copies (which it will) and the new Caspian album comes out and sells under 5,000 copies. I'll be crying. I just don't understand why so many people like s*!t music - which unfortunately it sounds like the new Muse album will be :(

As long as they make enough money to keep making records for you to listen to, do you really care how many they sell? Many people who say this kind of thing then moan at a band for selling out if they do manage to make it big as well (not saying you would though).

Not really defending the song because it has yet to grow on me (and the "Queen" parts of it completely make me cringe), but how is having two minutes of Chopin on the end of it "music that aims to please as many people as possible"?

Not really defending the song because it has yet to grow on me (and the "Queen" parts of it completely make me cringe), but how is having two minutes of Chopin on the end of it "music that aims to please as many people as possible"?

Still got his lyrics of rebellion which we usually see on the starter track of any new album. It is growing on me, just dont really know what to expect when it comes out. It will be good to know that when I go see them live and they do call it a day they have a mix of hard indie, dance themed and classical music. Diversity at its best, regardless of whether you think they 'sold out' or not. Matt said he asked Dom and Chris to 'go with him' on the new road they went down on this album and they feel it is one of the best things they've written. Still think Absolution is one of best they done

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.