BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scrap Cat A & A+ Tickets

if you are going be ripped off and i believe you are not being, who better to do it then someone you love, anyone who constantly moans about ticket prices and watch in the pub are not true fans because they are contributing nothing to the club!

Getting ripped off by someone you love or by a complete stranger still means you`re getting ripped off.

Football clubs (not just this one) absolutely love to play the 'loyalty card' when it comes to raking in the cash. They love people like you....infact they love you so much, they`ll keep on charging you more & more every year.

You may not think £36 is a lot of money to watch 90mins of football....& good on you :tu:

...but i do. I have felt for a long time the prices are too high, so i`ve made my own conscious decision to vote with my feet this year & not go to Ewood Park.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His answer is Lancashire United :lol:

You can now watch the Rovers for less than a tenner, with four pints of ale thrown in.

That's what the club has to compete against. They haven't a hope charging £37 for a BBE seat.

If prices rise again next season to make up for this seasons downturn in numbers, even more will choose the

less than a tenner option.

Good grief Aggy! You've just trumped yourself. Can you not try to keep some logic in your train of thought? You diss me for providing the solution (even though I admit it would prove a taj unpalatable to many in the short term) then you continue to moan about falling attendances and predict even more.

Tell you what give us all your solution to the problems of attracting crowds in excess of 30,000 and in the process provide enough income to fund a top club that can compete on a par with Europes finest. I'm waiting with bated breath.

You may not think £36 is a lot of money to watch 90mins of football....& good on you :tu:

...but i do. I have felt for a long time the prices are too high, so i`ve made my own conscious decision to vote with my feet this year & not go to Ewood Park.

You must feel better for that cletus. Tell you what now that you have metaphorically taken your bat and ball and turned your back on your home town team and become a proper armchair fan could you complete the process by buying a red shirt and supporting Man Utd? You are certainly no use to BRFC anymore.

Edited by thenodrog

While I understand making the Everton game an A+ fixture to capatalize on the 5,000+ Everton fans they get...I'm not sure about doing it for the Chelsea game. They don't actually bring that many fans do they? Add to that it being on Sky and it seems to be self-defeating. Seems a strange choice for an A+ match and rows of empty seats for the visit of the champions won't reflect well on the club or the area.

Unless Lee can mention how many are expected from Chelsea?

You must feel better for that cletus. Tell you what now that you have metaphorically taken your bat and ball and turned your back on your home town team and become a proper armchair fan could you complete the process by buying a red shirt and supporting Man Utd? You are certainly no use to BRFC anymore.

I highly doubt he feels better for it. The club are the ones who are forcing people to stay away with ever increasing prices.

In 3 years time when tickets are inevitably £50, are those who say enough is enough then going to be castigated as labelled as disloyal armchair fans? All 7,000 of those left in the ground can congratulate each other on being such big loyal fans and rant heartily about how the club don't need those part-timers who had season tickets for 20 years but now watch games in the pub.

Don't blame you at all for that . BUT....if you knew that for that £36 you could take a couple of kids with you (if you have kids that is) for nowt you might be inclined to go . Result , 3 more seats filled and potentially 2 new fans committed to the cause .

The only way forward IMO . Certainly beats the Fckuk U then attitude that The Drog is taking .... :huh:

The problem with the charge the away fans theory is this. What happens when they don't come? Say we went down, where would our revenue come from then if we have not managed to attract them over the last few years? Its very short isghted in my view as we should be looking at ways to maximise the home support rather than cashing in on a few big following. The more the crowds dwindle the worse it gets as people aren't attracted along to sit in a half empty ground.

If we went down, our crowds wouldnt change that much imo. We would have almost always 3pm sat kick offs (or wed 7.45) with only 2 or 3 games on sky. The prices would also be slashed to maybe 20-25 pounds for bbe tickets!

Btw, look at Wigans crowd today. This is their 2nd season in the top flight, so the novely has worn off a little and their prices have got up a long way. The result: Only 14,000 on!!!

To see whether we are getting more home fans or not, we need a category B match on a sat 3pm kick off imo. Thats the best way to judge. Chelsea will be 18k ish. When will the board realise that chelsea are not an attraction to Rovers fans and if its on tv you cannot charge cat A+!

The only way forward IMO . Certainly beats the Fckuk U then attitude that The Drog is taking .... :huh:

Why? Whats wrong with my attitude? I pay exactly the same for my Season ticket (approx £400 / £22 per match) as I would in the Tom Finney stand at PNE or Burnley's Longside! The only difference being that BRFC play 4 matches fewer (but I think we have a euro game chucked in). Where would you rather sit Phil given that tomorrow we will be watching the likes of McArthy, Roberts Friedal, Shevchenko, Lampard and Robben? Why is everybody always looking for a free lunch nowadays?

Thenodrog..."You must feel better for that cletus. Tell you what now that you have metaphorically taken your bat and ball and turned your back on your home town team and become a proper armchair fan could you complete the process by buying a red shirt and supporting Man Utd? You are certainly no use to BRFC anymore."

Feel better? No i don`t feel better for it, but my pocket does.

5000 others have also done the same over the last 3 years, so there`s obviously a problem somewhere.

The day i feel the prices are fairer is the day i`ll consider coming back to Ewood.....

I totally agree with four lane blue. Whats the sense in making the chelsea game top price when the man city game is cheaper. Man City will double chelsea's away following.

I think the Chelsea game would have been attractive for walk on rovers fans at category b prices even though it is on tv (chance to see shevchenko and ballack for 1st time). No chance at £36.

I agree it makes sense for man u, liverpool and everton. Not sure about anyone else unless it is boxing day or easter weekend.

Seems to me a lot of those who pick and choose matches to attend are wanting to pay little more for each match than a season ticket holder. Why should they?

There is another issue to it...games are no longer arranged to suit fans, instead they are often shuttled around to meet the demands of TV. Certainly I know of many for whom a season ticket is no longer really viable as they have to miss games due to work demands. When this would have happened a few times a season it was acceptable...however it seems the majority of weekend games this season (especially if we reach the Uefa Cup group stage) will be moved away from the traditional kick-off time.

So of course when they do come they will expect to pay more...yet for £36 each for a single game in their old seat when they have been messed around because of the demands of TV...it's a lot to ask. When people start REALLY questioning whether it is worth it...that's when the club has the problem.

It's not Rovers fault that they are competing with big-city sides in the world's richest league...but then, it isn't the fault of the locals either.

i have a mate who is unable to go to most matches now due towork commitments. with the Chelsea games being on a sunday i rang him up to see if he fancied going & offered to pick him up a ticket as i was going to the club shop this afternoon. i got to ewood before 4pm and the ticket office was shut......unbelieveable.....the daybefore one of our most attractive fixtures. whilst i was there i saw at least half a dozen people walk away obviouslyhaving gone to get tickets. how manyof thosewould bother calling back? if Rovers can't be bothered to open the ticket office, what message does that send to fans?

i have a mate who is unable to go to most matches now due towork commitments. with the Chelsea games being on a sunday i rang him up to see if he fancied going & offered to pick him up a ticket as i was going to the club shop this afternoon. i got to ewood before 4pm and the ticket office was shut......unbelieveable.....the daybefore one of our most attractive fixtures. whilst i was there i saw at least half a dozen people walk away obviouslyhaving gone to get tickets. how manyof thosewould bother calling back? if Rovers can't be bothered to open the ticket office, what message does that send to fans?

Ticket office opening times are clear. Everyone knows they aren't open on a Saturday afternoon except on match days. In any case if someone wants a ticket that badly they have pleny of time and options to buy one if they want to go.

Unfair criticism of the club IMO

I'm sure, or at least I hope, that Rovers have a team working hard figuring out the price elasticity of demand for each game and ticket. If they have worked out that making the Chelsea game 27 pounds doesnt bring a significant enough change in the number that turn up to make up for the 9 pounds a ticket that they have lost by lowering the price then it isn't worth it. Hopefully they are doing a good job at figuring it out, based on the fact that our attendances don't really go up even for the very cheap games and even when we are in the top 6 pushing for the top 4 I would say that they have probably got it right.

I understand that £36 is a lot for 90 minutes (or £27 if you aren't picky) but I wish that I could attend a rovers game for as little as £36. Even if I go to the nearest away game to where I live it will cost me £21 in travel plus whatever the price of the ticket is (which at best will be about £25 pounds). Now I know that Rovers aren't as important an issue as they are for some of us on here and it isn't fair to judge other people when it comes to how they prioritise their finances, but it annoys me when people start to complain that the club is too expensive when it clearly isn't and when a lot of those who complain choose to waste their money elsewhere.

Ticket office opening times are clear. Everyone knows they aren't open on a Saturday afternoon except on match days. In any case if someone wants a ticket that badly they have pleny of time and options to buy one if they want to go.

I see. So the fault lies with those casual supporters that roled up to the ticket office ready to purchase, obviously they should have known.....that'll teach them.

I understand that £36 is a lot for 90 minutes (or £27 if you aren't picky) but I wish that I could attend a rovers game for as little as £36. Even if I go to the nearest away game to where I live it will cost me £21 in travel plus whatever the price of the ticket is (which at best will be about £25 pounds). Now I know that Rovers aren't as important an issue as they are for some of us on here and it isn't fair to judge other people when it comes to how they prioritise their finances, but it annoys me when people start to complain that the club is too expensive when it clearly isn't and when a lot of those who complain choose to waste their money elsewhere.

Make your mind up Eddie...£36 is either "a lot for 90 minutes" or people shouldn't "start to complain that the club is too expensive when it clearly isn't".

What annoys me are people who don't go criticising others who don't go solely because they live nearer. It's a joke...as for people who "choose to waste their money elsewhere"...what do you know about them? What gives you or others the right to judge? Shall we all judge each other? We're supposed to all support Rovers, that's all.

Sorry if it seems I'm having a go at you Eddie...I'm not, there are many complaining on here about others not going while excusing themselves.

Seems simple to me...If you don't go, don't blame others for not going. Stop trying to claim the moral high ground from your ivory tower, to mix cliches. We all make a decision whether to go or not...doesn't make anybody's decision not to go more noble than another.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

What? Its a totally fair criticism! Bloody preposterous situation. The ticket office should be open the day before a Prem home match no matter what. I find that not only alarming but a very valid criticism of the admin at Ewood. Whats going on down there with the thick sods?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.