BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scrap Cat A & A+ Tickets

Jan..."However we'd still have some numpty complaining that they can't plan their life that far in advance.

....such a caring person, aren`t we? <_<

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a good idea...it'd also mean that if any away fans did make it into the home areas then they'd have to buy two tickets to do so!

Rovers should make sure there were no refunds after the United game and before Spurs however...

That's easy . Just don't open the ticket office before the Spurs game :blink:

I don't get what you mean! In my head what I have said makes sense. At the start of the season you buy into a package of 6 tickets - 1 A+, 2 A and 3B. So at the start of the season you would chose - for your A+ game either Man U, Chelsea, Eveton etc, you would chose two from a list of A games and 3 from a list of B games. So you make your choice at the start of the season. When you have chosen your 6 games at the start of the season they club allocate you your seat.

In your first post on the subject you didn't say anything about chosing matches when you purchased tickets.

Therefore I assumed you were meaning a book of tickets that could be used for any A+ match, any two A matches and any three B matches (like a book of pleasure beach tickets).

I'm not having a go at you, I just misinterpreted your post.

How would we address the shortfall in income?

Much as it is a good idea, even if we sold 26000 of them we would still take significantly less than we do now in ticket income.

Even at St's working out at £11 a match I'd wager we wouldn't sell more than 20,000!

Take the unemployed or people with exceptional financial commitments out of the equation people either support the Rovers enough to go or they don't and thats that!

Sky offers better viewing in nearly all sports. It's killed off my going to the Open Golf or travelling abroad to watch England play. Cricket is miles better on tele as is racing tennis etc etc. How many times do we at the ground ring somebody up to find out about major decisions? Sunday's pen incident was one such example ffs! Sky gives better coverage than being at Ewood in person so if it was down to anything other than ingrained dogged heartfelt support of the deepest kind with a bit of social chucked in then nobody would go to Ewood at all.

There really IS only one long term solution.

Edited by thenodrog

There really IS only one long term solution.

Yes................us remaining in the Premiership for the forseeable future whilst our nearest "rivals" (in geographic terms if not competitive terms get comparatively poorer and poorer!

Errrr.............. we are your Lancashire United already in all but name aren't we Gordon?

Haven't noticed Preston, Blackpool, Burnley, Accy Stanley Rochdale, Morecambe or Carlisle, in the top flight in recent memory.

No true died in the wool fans of those clubs are ever going to support us but you've a fighting chance of picking up support from the next generation of youngsters if you have a Shearer, Duff or Bellamy.

Can't for the life of me see anyone above a certain age wanting to support "Lancashire United" either. As for the youngsters, surely they might as well support us?

What about offering more deals on the basis of buy a ticket for 'Everton at home' and get a ticket for 'Charlton at home for a tenner'?

That way they can still fleece the away fans from Everton (£36), but tempt more fans to come to a game that probably wouldn't pick out as one to go and watch???

I'm sure the club try and think of ideas like this - the problem is they rarely seem to put them into practice.

What about offering more deals on the basis of buy a ticket for 'Everton at home' and get a ticket for 'Charlton at home for a tenner'?

That way they can still fleece the away fans from Everton (£36), but tempt more fans to come to a game that probably wouldn't pick out as one to go and watch???

I'm sure the club try and think of ideas like this - the problem is they rarely seem to put them into practice.

I think this is a good idea as well. It has been done at some time in the past but when the matches have been close to each other in time.

Lets be honest,Its not just price,interest on the whole has deminished within East Lancashire.....Bumley are some 2,000 or so down on their projected season ticket target as are Preston I do believe.

I'm realistic enough to state that the 5-10,000 missing home fans that frequented Ewood during the Dalglish/Walker era were bandwagon 'fans' who were simply not in it for the long haul.........the truth hurts sometimes dont it!.Believe what you want but barring another challenge for the title the 'plastics' aren't coming back.Our level of support is slowly reaching its natural level.

What does please me when I look back is how firm our support remained when we took the drop in '99.....our first home game v Port Vale attracted more than Sundays game against Chelsea!!!

Nowt as queer!! :blink:

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

OK SG194 - it's nothing to do with price you say.

Yet when we were relegated we did get good crowds...tickets were cheaper, there were far more Saturday 3pm kick-offs and the games weren't being broadcast in all the local pubs for the price of a pint. Now I agree ticket prices aren't the only thing that stops people going but they are one factor.

When they put the prices down for a game then, such as Huddersfield, the ground was packed. If the price was a factor then, why isn't it now?

FLB.....I said 'its not just price'.

The current situation we have at Ewood is down to many different factors including £36 tickets.

Agreed but while the other factors are in place then Rovers aren't helping matters by having £36 tickets against teams like Chelsea. Fleece the opposing fans when possible sure but also try and get more home fans to attend...and just don't try it (as usual) against Charlton and Fulham at home.

It's a bit like Tesco advertising their store by showing their stick that has almost gone off that has now been reduced. They don't...they advertise decent stuff as reduced then hope to hell the customers will respond by buying the more expensive stuff while they are there! ;)

Rovers have been doing loss leaders on their unattractive matches for years, why not try it for the better matches? Not Man U or Liverpool, but Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle etc. Against Arsenal a few years ago the ground was packed and the atmosphere was excellent. Did they have any kind of offers that day?

Blue Phil's suggestion about buy a full-price ticket and bring a kid along for free sounds well worth trying. Then it won't affect the season ticket holders so much and we can try blooding in the next generation.

Of course we may all just be peeing in the wind discussing this... :(

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Lets be honest,Its not just price,interest on the whole has deminished within East Lancashire.....Bumley are some 2,000 or so down on their projected season ticket target as are Preston I do believe.

I'm realistic enough to state that the 5-10,000 missing home fans that frequented Ewood during the Dalglish/Walker era were bandwagon 'fans' who were simply not in it for the long haul.........the truth hurts sometimes dont it!.Believe what you want but barring another challenge for the title the 'plastics' aren't coming back.Our level of support is slowly reaching its natural level.

What does please me when I look back is how firm our support remained when we took the drop in '99.....our first home game v Port Vale attracted more than Sundays game against Chelsea!!!

Nowt as queer!! :blink:

I know loads of people at work that live in the Blackburn area, and they admit they used to go Ewood a lot in the 90s just because we were one of the best teams in the land! A few also said they used to regularly get tickets through school, and as a result you could literally get an entire class going to watch a game - so let's not always assume that everybody attending a game is a 'fan'. But I do agree that maybe interest has diminished - I don't even think it's just in East Lancashire either. Football in general seems to have taken a bit of a kicking in recent years

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's time the club scraped cat A & A+ tickets, and just have a flat rate of SAY £25 :o

victor meldrew is stevos real name habitual griper :P:P:P

haha couldnt agree more about cat matches ,theres no chance of bringing fans back at 30+smakeroos a game .

wigan cat A....wow 16k then ....

POWERS THAT BE IN THE FOOTBALL WORLD (NOT JUST ROVERS) ...YOUVE PRICED US WORKING CLASS FANS OUT OF THE GAME AND IF IT CONTINUES FOOTY WILL DIE!!!!!!!!

DONT JUST LOOK AT OUR GATES LOOK AT THE NUMBERS OF VISITING FANS DWINDLING!!!!!

Making Wigan at home a Category A game is totally ridiculus. Last year they bought around 2k, this year with the premiership novalty having worn off, they will bring barely that (although might be offshot slightly by the fact the game aint on sky this year).

Perhaps an interesting indication on how many tickets Wigan expect to sell is the fact that our official site, it says we have allocated Wigan the whole Darwen End, whereas on the wigan site it says 1,400 tickets!

In reality, there are only 2 games that should be category A+ and that is Man u and L'pool at Ewood. As for the others, it would depend if the game was on sky, if it was midweek, if it was sat 3pm etc to whether Man city, N'castle, chels, arse and Everton would be Cat A. All the rest would be cat B

Perhaps an interesting indication on how many tickets Wigan expect to sell is the fact that our official site, it says we have allocated Wigan the whole Darwen End, whereas on the wigan site it says 1,400 tickets!

I think that is more to do with the way respective away clubs choose to market their tickets rather that an estimated following.

Edited by stuwilky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.