BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scrap Cat A & A+ Tickets

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. I get fed up with folks complaining but not being prepared to do anything about it. Let us know how you get on. :brfc:

Oh, by the way, no need to shout, I know I'm bit deaf but don't rub it in!

Edited by roversmum

Good. I get fed up with folks complaining but not being prepared to do anything about it. Let us know how you get on. :brfc:

Oh, by the way, no need to shout, I know I'm bit deaf but don't rub it in!

sorry left my caps lock on :unsure:

A flat rate of £25 is still too expensive to bring back all the missing fans.

Well tough we'll just have to do without em then. This is the Premiership, arguably the best league in the world not the bloody fizzy pop league. People have to realise that they have to pay for their pleasures in this life, they are damned fortunate and privelidged to have their local town team in the Prem. Few other town teams supporters could say the same. I'd certainly have traded the dim dark distant old days of the 3rd Div for this for the sake of what prob amounts to a tenner a fortnight thats for certain sure! Maybe a spell with the Oldhams, Forests and Darlingtons might just serve to re-educate our younger and cosseted followers.

There has to be a relative cost for the best otherwise we would all have Rolls Royces and palaces. If it's too dear then people need to, prioritise and either cancel SKY, drink less or stop smoking**. If that doesn't yield better support then there is only one answer.......... as I see it! :o;)

** Plenty appear to have done that anyway.

Well tough we'll just have to do without em then. This is the Premiership, arguably the best league in the world not the bloody fizzy pop league. People have to realise that they have to pay for their pleasures in this life, they are damned fortunate and privelidged to have their local town team in the Prem. Few other town teams supporters could say the same. I'd certainly have traded the dim dark distant old days of the 3rd Div for this for the sake of what prob amounts to a tenner a fortnight thats for certain sure! Maybe a spell with the Oldhams, Forests and Darlingtons might just serve to re-educate our younger and cosseted followers.

There has to be a relative cost for the best otherwise we would all have Rolls Royces and palaces. If it's too dear then people need to, prioritise and either cancel SKY, drink less or stop smoking**. If that doesn't yield better support then there is only one answer.......... as I see it! :o;)

** Plenty appear to have done that anyway.

You didn't tell us what the answer is Theno. My guess is: higher pensions and free travel betwee Scotland and England! ;)

I know 3 or 4 people who tried to get tickets on the day of the Everton game and were quoted £36 + Booking Fee over the phone. They didn't go to the match. I wonder how many more people did the same a couple of thousand I would guess.

I decided to get a ST this time for £270 bargain works out about £15 a game.

I have to admit though I wouldn't have gone to the Everton game if I had to pay £36. I draw the line at around £30.

Didn't notice that many more turning up when tickets were cheaper.

It's like this. If our supporters won't pay, sting the opposition's supporters who will pay and to do that our tickets have to be a certain price.

Supply and demand are carefully monitored so I'm led to believe, the attendance at each match is carefully analysed,and of course the best deal is the season ticket and this has to remain so.

For those who can't/don't want season tickets for whatever reason I trust they have analysed the cost of a season ticket against the number of attendances they plan to make.

Otherwise, JW and TF are always willing to consider ideas.

Didn't notice that many more turning up when tickets were cheaper.

It's like this. If our supporters won't pay, sting the opposition's supporters who will pay and to do that our tickets have to be a certain price.

Supply and demand are carefully monitored so I'm led to believe, the attendance at each match is carefully analysed,and of course the best deal is the season ticket and this has to remain so.

For those who can't/don't want season tickets for whatever reason I trust they have analysed the cost of a season ticket against the number of attendances they plan to make.

Otherwise, JW and TF are always willing to consider ideas.

I know of lots of people who used to go but don't, because of the price, and not knowing when the games are to be played, they also say it's not value for money anymore. and can't justify £36 for 90 mins.

I know of lots of people who used to go but don't, because of the price, and not knowing when the games are to be played, they also say it's not value for money anymore. and can't justify £36 for 90 mins.

The point is, when the prices are dropped down to £20 do they come ? I'll happily agree with the "value" argument, but the problem isn't cost alone, becuase if it was E01 and E06 in the Riverside would be sold out every game and they're not.

Well the price of a season ticket is still very good value; however the consderation of games being moved about all over the place does not lie well with many and I can't blame them for that; there are also those whose work patterns have changed making it difficult for them to justify the purchase of a season ticket.

I can also sympathise with the value for money theory; even the odd shocking performance (last Saturday) is enough to drive away fans and Souey's last couple of seasons tried the will of even the most committed supporter. To be honest, some just got tired of all the angst, stayed away for that reason and will be very difficult to tempt back to the fold.

However, many games are not priced at Cat A and A* and in theory should be more affordable, particularly in the Riverside, which despite it's lack of facilities offers a fair view of proceedings.

Edited by roversmum

You can now watch the Rovers for less than a tenner, with four pints of ale thrown in.

That's what the club has to compete against. They haven't a hope charging £37 for a BBE seat.

If prices rise again next season to make up for this seasons downturn in numbers, even more will choose the

less than a tenner option.

However, many games are not priced at Cat A and A* and in theory should be more affordable, particularly in the Riverside, which despite it's lack of facilities offers a fair view of proceedings.

But the average "walk on" punter - especially the kids - will not want to watch the games against Wigan and Charlton when they've been priced out of the games against the UTD's and Chelsea's of this world .

All very well if the grounds are full for the attractive games ....but they're not and they're never going to be .

Sooner or later the club is going to have to use a bit of imagination and offer a (say) £30 pound adult ticket for ALL games which come with two tree tickets for kids . Only then will it be considered a worthwhile family day out .

The alternative is simple . We can see attendances go down year in , year out , with JW and co scrambling about trying to balance the books by overcharging the die-hards and away fans . And guess what , even the die hards and away fans will bugger off eventually .....

Even the punters in the pubs will get fed up watching football played in front of an empty ground .

The tickets for Everton or Chelsea aren't £36.

They start at £27. Which is a huge difference.

- But I don't want to sit in the CIS or JW stand, I want the Blackburn end.

Well how about the next time you're trying to purchase a holiday you tell your travel agent that you don't want to goto Tenerife for £190 they quoted but you want to goto Barbados for that price instead.

It's just bloody ridiclous, if you rather spend your dosh in the pub thats your prerogative, but don't blame the club for the having different price categories, or blame the traffic or the McDonalds for shutting the toilet. Just be a man and state the REAL reason

Those locals complaining about the price should look at the prices those long distance travellers have to fork out every game. If I lived further north, I would sure as hell be at every Rovers game, even at £36.

As has been said, on the basis of last season, we are the countrys sixth best team and we are playing in Europe. You cannot blame the club for raising their prices.

Its slightly different though isnt it in this case.

The actual issue at the centre is the need for income, clearly 18k paying £36 brings in more income than £30k paying £10 (and there is no evidence that we would get more - indeed it all points to the contrary)

I've already said i agree with charging £36 on Wednesday as the away support swells the coffers. But it was interesting to note that the pub before the game was full, but mostly full of people out to watch the game on TV rather than pay £36 to have the privilege.

"I can have a few beers, something to eat and pay for a taxi home on £36" was the popular concensus....

if you are going be ripped off and i believe you are not being, who better to do it then someone you love, anyone who constantly moans about ticket prices and watch in the pub are not true fans because they are contributing nothing to the club!

The problem with the charge the away fans theory is this. What happens when they don't come? Say we went down, where would our revenue come from then if we have not managed to attract them over the last few years? Its very short isghted in my view as we should be looking at ways to maximise the home support rather than cashing in on a few big following. The more the crowds dwindle the worse it gets as people aren't attracted along to sit in a half empty ground.

we know that andrew, and its very frustrating but Rovers have a "hardcore" now of anything from 11,000 to 14,000 ish- the floating thousands would rather watch it in a pub for many many reason, banter/£35 per ticket/good atmosphere etc.

Rovers are losing these on mass, and i am the only one who has noticed that even at the blackburn end the number of empty rows at the front are creeping up an up.

:(

Tomorrows crowd will be a shocker too i think, and although the pub goers arent proper fans, they are crucial to the future of the club if we can get them back.

Its great that the club has sold more season tickets than last season but its clearly going to be offset by a decrease in the number of walk-ons....we may even see a decrease in the overall average attendance yet again!!

People are saying its fine to charge £36 a ticket in the Blackburn end but like SD4E says the gaps are getting wider in the seating every season.You simply cannot keep increasing the charge on a very limited fanbase.........

Its a crying shame and I really cant see any light at the end of the tunnel with this one :(

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.