BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers And Bung Inquiry

jim mk2

Rovers feature in tonight's Panorama programme into the 'bung culture' in English football.

The programme claimed to have filmed Harry Redknapp, the Portsmouth manager, "tapping up” Andy Todd when in fact it shows Peter Harrison, the player's agent, attempting to interest Redknapp in the Rovers defender, who was said "to want a change".

"I’d take him, without a doubt. I like him. I think he’s a tough @#/?," says 'Arry, who would appear to be in the clear because at no time did he ask Harrison to speak to Todd on his behalf.

As would be expected, Chelsea are implicated in so-called 'bungs' (usually involving Harrison), and Sam Allardyce is the manager who might have the most cause for worry, but the programme is also of interest because of the insidious role of agents in initiating transfers.

Edited by jim mk2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bolton corruption programme

whats the conspiracy with souness and selling dunn to brum? i dont live in the uk so missed this bit of info obviosuly wasnt on all the websites!!

it b a shame if we get sone in over bung enquiries cos of GS, what a tosser.. i just read also that some one has reported rovers to PFA over the Hignett deal, apparently 75K was transfered to some agent in monaco!! however in the article it also says that thios agent was asked by BRFC to try to sell 4 players so course he'd have to b paid for his services no?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.