BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Nancy Boys Are Coming

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldn't care less about this game. The game at Reading is far more important. If i was Mr Hughes i would give the reserve side a run out and make them make a claim for a role in the 1st team

First of all you wouldn't be able to, players have to be registered for the competition. Second of all, this competition is probably our best chance of getting back into the UEFA Cup as things stand and one of the few ways that we could keep our current reputation intact. Losing to Nancy and not finishing first in our group will be a further dent to the side and another reason for the fans and players to be unhappy, while also making us look even worse to any potential signings in january. Finally, every result will help us improve our European coefficient so it is worth winning simply for our participation in future European competitions.

First of all you wouldn't be able to, players have to be registered for the competition. Second of all, this competition is probably our best chance of getting back into the UEFA Cup as things stand and one of the few ways that we could keep our current reputation intact. Losing to Nancy and not finishing first in our group will be a further dent to the side and another reason for the fans and players to be unhappy, while also making us look even worse to any potential signings in january. Finally, every result will help us improve our European coefficient so it is worth winning simply for our participation in future European competitions.

ok we could give the likes of Derbyshire, Peter, Todd and Jay McAverly a game. What i am saying is we don't want the likes of Savage, Tugay e.t.c. getting injured and being out for Saturday. At this point of time i would much prefer us to stay in the Prem then trying to achive a U.E.F.A cup place through the U.E.F.A Cup

After recent performances in the prem, i think every first teamer whose played recently with the exception of Lucas Neill and Nonda should be playing trying to figure out how they are going to get back to winning ways against Reading.

Lets see Hughes set the team up, so they defend better from the front and offer more options going forward, if Macarthy comes deep then the other forward must be looking to go closer to goal past the last defender. Its not rocket science just a lot more hard graft, obviously Tugay wont be able to go at full throttle and i suspect after his second half perfomance against the geordies he might not have alot of strength or energy in him for wednesday nights game.

Neill and Nonda for me are scapegoats and Macarthy isnt far behind them along with Gray and Ooijer.

MH has got to use this game to experiment - not whole sale changes - but something is obviously wrong at the moment, and this is the ideal game to shake things up.

I'd have Todd back in, consider playing Peter on the left and Derbyshire up front. I would also consider playing Bentley central again (give Tugay a rest) and play Gallagher wide right - my only objection to this, is watching Tugay in Europe has been like watching a master class in midfield play - but he does need a rest. Again not certain about going the full hog - and resting Savage and bringing in the Axe - probably a step too far against a good Nancy team.

For all those that worry we may get a Champs League club if we don't finish top of the group - so what. These are teams that are obviously playing so well that they couldn't qualify for the next stage. Yes there is a risk of coming against a good team - but there is also a chance of coming across a team on a downward spiral. Anyway - there are no easy matches in the latter stages - as we may find out when we play Nancy.

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

It's not a question of relegation OR a Uefa Cup run. We have months off from Europe after tomorrow so we might as well make sure we are in a good position. What if after a few months we are comfortably in mid-table? We could then look forward to giving it a real go in the competition. :blink:

I'm all for mixing it up and giving some players a chance but to not care about the game? Just plain daft. :angry:

Enjoy the game...then after we can start worrying about the league. We're certainly going to have plenty of time to do it so what's the rush? :(

Come on Rovers...we've waited over a decade for this European Run...ignore the moaners or the nay sayers and let's wrap up this group in style.

Looks like Warren (Wozup) has got involved in a fans friendly match tommorrow afternoon.

yeh 2pm @ witton today

ill be playing i hope

the real game will be very tough as nancy appear to have a brilliant defence

and we dont exactly have the players to penetrate a good defence, but you never know

patchwork rovers 0-nancy 2

Reports would suggest they are an 'underate at your peril' team and their home form is quite impressive.

However, add to the fact they appear to adopt a different strategy away we shoudl be going all guns for them.... but as always there is always a but.

We are absolutely crap at the moment, Hughes is suggesting players will be rested and when I always predict a win we lose.

So even though I think we will win 2 v1 I am saying we will get beat 2 v 0

Could our better results in Europe be down to the fact we haven't got FA Premier League officials? :P

I think so. Based on that and their crap away form, 2 - 1 to Rovers

2.5ish hours work left, then hit the M6 :D

Simon :brfc:

Edited by b12_simon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.