BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Intertoto 2007/08

mark

Just on the playing side of things it seems that Bentley and Derbyshire who have both been called up for the U-21 Championships in late June could be missing for the game in July as presumably they will be given some extra time to prepare for the new season and if Emerton is not involved either then it will be a weakened team. I am also wondering if there is a deadline for the transfer of players eligible to play in this competition. July !st is normally the start of the transfer madness so Hughesy could well be busy.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weve just booked on same flights from durham

that flight could be quite empty on take off :(

Going Friday to Monday it was £65 on Tuesday this week, £85 now (Thurs) from Durham. Can't see that lasting. Whizzair is by far the cheapest. Thursay to Monday has gone up from £32 to £46 return but thats 4 nights. Everywhere else is £160+ and rising - Liverpool and Manchester. Poland is a big country. It's 5 hours to Katowice or Krakow by train and flights there seem no cheaper.

UEFA say the kick off cannot be before 3.30pm (presumedly the heat) on Saturday and no later than 6pm Sunday. I think it will be a 7pm kick off Saturday personally. Being a pools match I presume there will be little chance of changes and the clubs and fistures will be adhered to do for the printing of pools coupons in advance etc...

Well I've taken the risk and booked my flights from Durham to Warsaw return

Going Friday 20th, back on Monday 23rd

£88 each.

Also booked a travel inn, at Darlington for the Thursday night

SS how much u pay for the hotel?

we paid £72 each two of us last night so price is steadily rising, looks like everyone is taking a risk

this could be a massive upset

Eddie: after this what Legia shown today in quarterfinal of polish League Cup I would say that you should win 5:0 each leg. But that is wonderful in football that everything is possible. You remember what happened in 1994? You were probably better team but we won and draw....

About flying: on 13 july starting new connection Durham Rees Valley to Warsaw - airlines called Wizzair. It is quite cheap (my friends are comming this way to Blackburn) for the beginning. So try this... And about hotels/hostels in Warsaw, usually England fans were staying in Portos, Atos or Aramis hotels (1star probably - it is not Marriott but not bad) - there is good connection with old town, stadium and some places worth seeing (pubs as well).

But tribunes will belong to us :)

Eddie: after this what Legia shown today in quarterfinal of polish League Cup I would say that you should win 5:0 each leg. But that is wonderful in football that everything is possible. You remember what happened in 1994? You were probably better team but we won and draw....

About flying: on 13 july starting new connection Durham Rees Valley to Warsaw - airlines called Wizzair. It is quite cheap (my friends are comming this way to Blackburn) for the beginning. So try this... And about hotels/hostels in Warsaw, usually England fans were staying in Portos, Atos or Aramis hotels (1star probably - it is not Marriott but not bad) - there is good connection with old town, stadium and some places worth seeing (pubs as well).

But tribunes will belong to us :)

Loving the flares!!!

I have had a look at those hotels/hostels which you have mentioned....they seem ok.

How far is the airport from the centre of town and how far is the ground from the town. Is there a shop at the ground where I would b able to but scarves, pennants etc?

Airport is just few kilometers from the centre. When you take taxi fix the price, shouldnt be more then 50 zloty (10 quads) to centre or hotels mentioned above. Stadium is close to the centre, tube station Politechnika or bus stop Plac na Rozdrozu (buses 520, 188, 525, and others - (Please don't use that word again), always was comming by subway ;)) and then little walk. Stadium is rubbish compering to british average stadium but there is couple of shops selling scarves etc.

By the way, you can advise about Blackburn: how far is from rail station to the stadium and how to get there? And maybe you can recommend any nice pubs opened at 1pm as this is the time we appear in Blackburn...

ta much for help

Airport is just few kilometers from the centre. When you take taxi fix the price, shouldnt be more then 50 zloty (10 quads) to centre or hotels mentioned above. Stadium is close to the centre, tube station Politechnika or bus stop Plac na Rozdrozu (buses 520, 188, 525, and others - (Please don't use that word again), always was comming by subway ;)) and then little walk. Stadium is rubbish compering to british average stadium but there is couple of shops selling scarves etc.

By the way, you can advise about Blackburn: how far is from rail station to the stadium and how to get there? And maybe you can recommend any nice pubs opened at 1pm as this is the time we appear in Blackburn...

ta much for help

all pubs in the town centre will be open at 1pm

the postal order has a stock of polish beer though :)

the ground is 1.5miles or 2km, from the train station walk towards the cinema, find the ice arena, then you will need to cross over to the road forking to the right and its a straight walk from there

Graham, you must have found a very very slow train. Katowice to Warsaw is 2 and a half hours. costs 21 euros.

Last time I was there (and travelled to/from Warsaw) was 1989 when England drew 0-0. I went to Krakow direct last year with Rovers. We stopped in Katowice for the England game. WHY??? Krakow is so much nicer. Katowice had run out of everything excepot bread and vodka and was a concrete jungle. I remember a shorter journey train. Direct but I thought it was about 5 hours.

For Polish fans

http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=...rwen,%20BB1%207

The Circle is the centre of Blackburn. In the middle of the map is the A666. Where it meets the A6062 is where Ewood Park is.

Archived