BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Intertoto 2007/08

mark

The fair play thing is a bit silly sometimes. This will be the second time in three years that a team relegated from the Swedish top tier will play in the UEFA Cup. The quality of the league as a whole is rather poor, so it's not like a relegated team will fare too well in Europe.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uefa_cup

I know, I know, it's Wikipedia etc etc etc - but can anyone confirm with a link that this isnt the case?

If you don't trust us Tugs4 go to Uefa.com & look it up.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/clubs/index.html

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/f...ults/index.html

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=64...sid=425702.html

If what people are saying is correct - we will play 4 games in Europe before any other english team. Surely this opens up potential TV revenue and exposure ?

Though it is 4 more matches - we do have more strength in depth than we have had for a long time - only a series of long term injuries (that would have seen Chelsea moaning for months - all that rubbish about them struggling because of Terry's injury :angry: ) held us back this year.

We must be the only club to finish in the top ten - but probably break even on transfers over the season - but still improve the squad. Lets hope we can keep hold of our stars - add a decent striker (please not Nonda) and have a real go next season.

Guest Kamy100

Yup there are two qualifying rounds for the UEFA Cup, if we get through the Intertoto Cup then we will start go to the second round which will takes place in the last 2 weeks of August, it'll probably mean that one of our early season midweek fixtures are postponed.

Well as I see it this solves Hughes' problem of getting a higher standard of preseason game and also gives us the perfect opportunity to give the injured players a run-out in a competitive game before the season starts and, if needed, just into the season before they start playing premiership football. I honestly can't see why you wouldn't apply now that the competition has been restructured.

Well as I see it this solves Hughes' problem of getting a higher standard of preseason game and also gives us the perfect opportunity to give the injured players a run-out in a competitive game before the season starts and, if needed, just into the season before they start playing premiership football. I honestly can't see why you wouldn't apply now that the competition has been restructured.

Spot on!

I hope we go to Lithuania; I ahve been many times via work and it is a fantastic country with dirt cheap beer and decent food, bars and the rest.

If it is Lithuania i'll do a travel guide for the Blue Army.

ps. the beer snacks that come with the ale are great: chicken feet and pigs ears!!!!

Me too.

Had a quick look into this and you can fly to Kaunas with Ryan Air for about £90.00 from Liverpool and then catch a train from Kaunas to Vilnius for £1.85. It appears to take about an hour an a half between the two.

Looking at the dates and various sites I have determined the following:

Intertoto - Round 3 First Leg - 21/07/07 (away)

Intertoto - Round 3 Second Leg - 28/07/07 (home)

UEFA Cup - Qualifiers Round 2 First Leg - 16/08/07 (away)

UEFA Cup - Qualifiers Round 2 Second Leg - 30/08/07 (home)

Haha - ok dude I trust you! Appreciate the clairification though, 4 games really isnt that big a sacrifice for another season of Europe!

Haha - ok dude I trust you! Appreciate the clairification though, 4 games really isnt that big a sacrifice for another season of Europe!

Also the 2nd lot of games are late into August when the season will have started so it shouldn't be too much of a hardship. I do think it could be tough to get through the Intertoto game as like someone said, the Poles will be more prepared than us. Hopefully we'll have too much though.

Your rival in Intertoto Cup is Legia Warsaw. They've just secured third place and got in. Of course if they'll get through the second round Llaneli and Wilno. Good luck. Wisla unfortunately will stay on place 4 - 8... Not know yet, one more game.

What a strange weekend that's going to be!

The Open at Carnoustie ... First Test against India at Lords ... European Grand Prix at the Nurburgring ...

... and Rovers playing in a vital competitive fixture!!! :huh:

At least Wimbledon will have finished (just - 13 days earlier!)

Your rival in Intertoto Cup is Legia Warsaw. They've just secured third place and got in. Of course if they'll get through the second round Llaneli and Wilno. Good luck. Wisla unfortunately will stay on place 4 - 8... Not know yet, one more game.

So there are two games against Legia Warsaw, then a new and better opposition waiting in some final - also two games? Is this right?

What a strange weekend that's going to be!

The Open at Carnoustie ... First Test against India at Lords ... European Grand Prix at the Nurburgring ...

... and Rovers playing in a vital competitive fixture!!! :huh:

At least Wimbledon will have finished (just - 13 days earlier!)

who cares about that silly "sport" called cricket Tris?! :rolleyes:

So there are two games against Legia Warsaw, then a new and better opposition waiting in some final - also two games? Is this right?

No...the games against Legia (as long as they get through) will be the final of the Intertoto. There are now something like 8 teams (?) that qualify for the Uefa Cup from the Intertoto.

However after that we will then be placed in the 2nd qualifying round of the Uefa Cup meaning that will we have to play another two games before we get to the stage we started at this season.

So...in other words...we will have to play four games then we will be at where we started (against Red Bull Salzburg) this season...

...unless we mess it up that is!

No...the games against Legia (as long as they get through) will be the final of the Intertoto. There are now something like 8 teams (?) that qualify for the Uefa Cup from the Intertoto.

However after that we will then be placed in the 2nd qualifying round of the Uefa Cup meaning that will we have to play another two games before we get to the stage we started at this season.

So...in other words...we will have to play four games then we will be at where we started (against Red Bull Salzburg) this season...

...unless we mess it up that is!

Thanks!

I wouldn't rate them that high. Maybe the same level as Wisla last season or even less. I reckon they have very small chances to beat you up. I would be surpised if not.

I'll give you link to English Forum on Legia Warsaw website.

http://forum.legialive.pl/viewforum.php?f=...b462b5d02ce62ce

enjoy

Ha Ha, no one beats the Blackburn players up.

Its looking as though the Intertoto game will be tougher than the 2nd UEFA Cup qualifying round.

Archived