BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Intertoto 2007/08

mark

Vetra Vilnius play Llanelli this evening. We could potentially be playing the winner should they go on and beat Legia Warsaw. Personally I would like Vetra to go through as for me playing Llanelli in the Intertoto would be no different to playing Wrexham in preson.

If anyone fancies a flutter the odds are;

Vetra - 2/5

Draw - 29/10

Llanelli - 11/2

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read this on the BBC website about the game 'Manager Peter Nicholas was then forced to make two more late changes as defenders Stuart Jones and Lee Phillips withdrew, Phillips with an injury and Jones because he had not been registered with Uefa'.

Will this mean that Llanelli will be chucked out or just have to pay a £5.5 mill fine?

Just a thought for those, who like me, have booked flights already to Poland.

I am sure the bookies will be as confident of Legia progressing as we are, therefore I imagine that they will be offering roughly 6/1 on Llanelli or Vetra to beat them over two legs.Therefore wack a tenner on and if they win atleast you will get you money back for the flights. If Legia do win then you have lost a tenner however you will have saved that on flights.

Also can we change the name of this thread to just 'Intertoto Cup' as we have now qualified for it. Thanks.

I guess they work on trends, a lot of you guys booked the flights fairly early, they might have thought there was something majot going on, now the flights have not been sold at the higher rate they have dropped them back down.

Im just wondering about booking. Hereford to Durham is a hell of a journey.

I guess they work on trends, a lot of you guys booked the flights fairly early, they might have thought there was something majot going on, now the flights have not been sold at the higher rate they have dropped them back down.

Im just wondering about booking. Hereford to Durham is a hell of a journey.

I've been looking at WizzAir from Luton. Their flights are dearer but you'll save on the trip to the airport.

Could be a lively journey from Tees Valley. I know of about 20 fans who are on that flight and I am sure that there will be more.

BTW Lee has confirmed that the club will NOT be putting together an official package.

Looking forward to it. The drive back from Teeside to Hereford could be entertaining on the Monday morning.... really don't want to think about it at the moment

Leave the car at home Ricky. Get a train Hereford to Brum. Change there and get a Brum to Edinburgh stopping at Durham. Cracked it! :) Failing that get a Brum to York. Then york to Durham.

Out of interest would anybody who already booked to warsaw contemplate getting the 9 hour overnight bus to vilnius if it came to it?! ...and 9 hours back!

Think I will just re-book. Cant be arsed being on a bus for 9 hours.

I think Emerton not appear in Intertoto games. >> He 's in Australia Squad (AFC Asian Cup 7th Jul. to... final is 29th)

Does any other squad absent intertoto games?

We have had a seperate quote in the last few weeks from Emerton suggesting he was going to play and that MH would not be happy. I suggest it will put his place under threat.

I don't know of any other player who will be missing, apart from injured ones.

Warning - off at a tangent alert.

Why and how is it called Durham Airport? When I first saw it mentioned (on here), I thought "I'm sure there's not an airport at Durham". So I had a dig around and it turns out it's what used to be Teesside Airport. So about 25 miles from Durham (how far is Dunfermline from Edinburgh FR? Fancy putting Edinburgh Airport there?), near Darlington. Or how about turning Samlesbury into an airport and calling it Lancaster Airport?

Anyway back at the Intertoto..........

Archived