BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Intertoto 2007/08

mark

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It takes two to tango and hopefully UEFA will see that and make them play the end of this leg and the second leg behind closed doors. So long as they dont make us play behind closed doors as well.

This is annoying.

It takes two to tango and hopefully UEFA will see that and make them play the end of this leg and the second leg behind closed doors. So long as they dont make us play behind closed doors as well.

This is annoying.

I doubt that any more of the first leg will be played.

Yes and you are already too late to get a visa. You need a visa even for the through train I believe.

Don't forget the four hour border checks either.

If the game is on the Sunday, Ryanair Liverpool-Kaunas is your best bet. Train fare from Kaunas to Vilnius is about £10.

Match report taken from Intertoto website

FK Vėtra a-a Legia Warszawa (match abandoned at 2-0)

Match official Mario Vlk was left with no option other than to abandon this match at half-time with the home side leading 2-0 following crowd trouble and a pitch invasion in Vilnius. The Lithuanian side had made a superb start to the match with Brazilian striker Lima Severino heading his side in front after eight minutes. The hosts, who knocked out Llanelli AFC in the previous round, must have been harbouring thoughts of a return to Great Britain for a third round tie against Blackburn Rovers FC when Macedonian midfielder Dejan Miloševski doubled their advantage from ten metres just before the interval. Unfortunately, though, the subsequent disturbance brought the match to a premature end.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved.

Cant believe what has happened today. Like myself, know of quite a few who have booked for warsaw. Was going to put money on vetra so as to get flight money back if they won. After Llaneli turned em over 5-3 couldnt see the point of it.

Guessing warsaw will be booted out. Feyenord got kicked out of uefa last season for similar.

At best, can only hope the result stands or even give a 3-0 to Vetra. At least then Warsaw would still be in the cup and a chance of winning at home. Assume they will be kicked out though.

As someone alraedy said on this forum, after watching Danny Dyers real footy factories last week cant say Im surprised Warsaw fans have rioted.

There is a 9 hour overnight bus to Vilnius from Warsaw but have to see what the consensus is

Hi LegiaFan,

thank you for the link. After watching it, it is clear there are alot of ultras with weapons which I'm sure UEFA will act strongly on. I can't see a way for Legia to stay in the Intertoto Cup now.

What do the other Legia fans think of the situation?

Hi LegiaFan,

thank you for the link. After watching it, it is clear there are alot of ultras with weapons which I'm sure UEFA will act strongly on. I can't see a way for Legia to stay in the Intertoto Cup now.

What do the other Legia fans think of the situation?

Not a hope of Legia staying in the competion after this. Problem is that how long will it take UEFA to make a decision. Could have an effect on our ties.

I think most people will be resigned to Legia being thrown out after seeing that footage.

I think the only decisions UEFA have to make are: -

1) how heavily to punish Legia

and

2) whether Vetra were in anyway involved.

Unless Vetra are found to be equally guilty of similar crimes, I suspect the tie will simply be awarded to Vetra. From that footage, however, it looks like mostly Legia Ultras causing the trouble, trying to attack the police. Genuinely shocking stuff.

That lot are no higher than the scum of the footballing world. How sad it is to see them ruining the game simply cause they are losing 2-0 !

I agree, if it was an English team the world would be in uproar, we would all be banned and it would be headline news. As it is over in Lithuania, I wonder how much coverage we will see now.

I watched the footballing gang programme in particular the Polish ultras. All I can say is they are not clever or hard they are futile, brain dead scumbags with nothing else to do in their tiny lives.

I have seen it all at first hand and in the past 10 years havent actually met 1 hard man capable of fighting man o mano.

Both teams will suffer and Rovers will probably get a bye into the first round.

The positive thing for me is that I wont miss the european tie through my holidays and the Leyland European branch may just be ready to venture once again into the european lands for football and beer.

After watching the Real Football Factories International t'other night, i am not suprised to see that from the Legia fans. They looked like animals on there and they did again tonight. Polish football needs a severe sanction placed on it as they are in a worse state than what we were in, in the 1980's. As many have already said, if an English club had done that, it would be all over the news worldwide and the English race would be declared as wild savage thugs.

Only one result should come of this they aren't exactly innocent themselves, a Vetra win by default.

Vetra won't go any further once they meet us, we'll run rampage in their backyard and then when they get to Ewood.

We have booked. There is just no way Legia can stay in the comp. Worst crowd violence in Europe in years. Vetra will be lucky to stay in. 50:50. The pools need the fixtures though so I reckon it's nailed on Vetra.

I wouldn't have done that. We may get a bye into the next round.

Archived