BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Intertoto 2007/08

mark

You can fly to Latvia, and its 5 hours on a train from there apparantely... but that means cancelling Warsaw off completeley and paying approx another £179 (flights, accom and transfers) - obviously not doing that. I don't wanna lose what I've already paid for going to Warsaw and I think your better off at least getting to Warsaw and then trying to get to Vilnius from there.

If the game is on the Saturday, it would be ideal for the train as we have all day and night on the Friday to get there, then spend all day and night and go the game in Lithuania on the Sat, then you have all day and night on the Sunday to get back.... in time for flight early Monday morning.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had an email from Paul Astley...

They have had confirmation that they are able to arrange coach hire Warsaw to Vilnius to include 1 nights stay in Vilnius after the game.

However, he needs some sort of idea of numbers to get a price.

They have already had other enquiries but Paul has asked if we can post something on here to try and establish numbers.

Please post underneath or contact Paul if your interested... paul@iknow-holidays.com

Cheers,

Jamie / SS.

Just had an email from Paul Astley...

They have had confirmation that they are able to arrange coach hire Warsaw to Vilnius to include 1 nights stay in Vilnius after the game.

However, he needs some sort of idea of numbers to get a price.

They have already had other enquiries but Paul has asked if we can post something on here to try and establish numbers.

Please post underneath or contact Paul if your interested... paul@iknow-holidays.com

Cheers,

Jamie / SS.

Is that Paul "Gaz" Astley? Used to go to some away games in his car.

Decision expected today, so keep checking uefa.com I suppose...

Paul Astley has emailed me this morning; He should be able to finalise all details in next 24 - 48 hrs with regards to the coach. In meantime, below is a summary of the itinerary which they are putting together.

By car Vilnius is 6 hrs from Warsaw, need to allow another hour, possible 2, by coach. Whilst we may find out later today whether we are definitely playing in Vilnius, it may be a few more days before UEFA confirm Saturday or Sunday game. We have therefore to plan the trip to take into account either possibility. If it was a Saturday they would not want to risk any possible delays on an already long journey, hence why coach will depart for Vilnius Friday with a 2 night stay in Vilnius.

Revised package prices for travel to Vilnius. The slight increase is because we have now been able to arrange city centre - stadium transfers which are now included in the package.

2* Ecotel 3 nights £371 pp

2 nights £351 pp

1 night £397 pp

3* Panorama 3 nights £376 pp

2 nights £355 pp

1 night £399 pp

4* Ratonda 3 nights £381 pp

2 nights £359 pp

1 night £401 pp

5* Crowne Plaza 3 nights £421 pp

2 nights £386 pp

1 night £426 pp

If you wish to organise your own flights to Vilnius they can arrange hotels for you (see below) If booking hotel only with Staying Away they will be able to arrange stadium transfers for you as well.

For any further details please call their reservations line, 0871 423 5057

Cheers,

Jamie.

Yes they include flights I think....

The coach has not yet been confirmed but will be in next 24-48 hours. Coach and Hotel combined price to be announced soon - I will post it on here as soon as I know it.

I'm hoping the game is Saturday, otherwise I'm goosed.

The coach has not yet been confirmed but will be in next 24-48 hours. Coach and Hotel combined price to be announced soon - I will post it on here as soon as I know it.

theres enough of us in same boat though, eh jamie <_<

If it is Vetra we are playing, then considering their previous two home games in the intertoto cup have been on a Sunday, I see no reason why it won't be the same for us.

I spoke will Paul yesterday and he said that if the game was on Sunday then we would just get the coach after the game straight to the airport. There should be enough time. Saves a night in a hotel as well.

Didnt Newcastle play them last season, away, on a Saturday?

Didn't they play in Latvia or Estonia? Don't recall them playing Vetra as I'm sure we'd have talked to Newcastle

I was wrong - it was Ventspils

When will uefa make their decision - is their a time!?

"Meanwhile, UEFA's disciplinary panel were set to meet today to discuss what action to take against Legia Warsaw after violent clashes involving Polish fans led to the abandonment of their Intertoto Cup tie with FK Vetra at the weekend."

Hope this helps

If it is Vetra we are playing, then considering their previous two home games in the intertoto cup have been on a Sunday, I see no reason why it won't be the same for us.

Lee does the club know about us unlucky souls that have already booked, and could they use that as a plea to vetra to get a saturday game?

I spoke will Paul yesterday and he said that if the game was on Sunday then we would just get the coach after the game straight to the airport. There should be enough time. Saves a night in a hotel as well.

Jordan,

You are quite right about returning direct to Warsaw airport after the game, assuming it is played on Sunday evening. Both their previous two ties have been played on Sunday with 7.00 pm kick offs so it is reasonable to assume our game will be the same. With the vast majority booked onto the 0610 flight to Durham and an approx 7 hr journey (260 miles but don`t expect British standard motorways!) from Vilnius to Warsaw there would not be time for an overnight stay in a hotel. If match is played Sunday afternoon or Saturday then there will be an overnight stay on Sunday in Warsaw.

If they want to screen it, no doubt TV companies will have final say on the date and kick off times. Whilst the UEFA hearing may confirm our opponents to be Vetra today it may still be a few days before we know date/kick off time. Hence why with so little time we have to plan to be in Vilnius for either Sat or Sun kick off. We should have full details by tomorrow. Details of the trip from Warsaw to Vilnius will be emailed as soon as they are available to everyone who has expressed an interest. If you do want to receive details please send your email address to paul@iknow-holidays.com or telephone 0871 423 5057

Paul

Staying Away Ltd

0871 423 5057

am i right in thinking that if we win our upcoming intertoto game against either the polish or lituanians then we qualify for the 1st round of the uefa cup proper?...

If we win there's a UEFA cup qualifying round, then the 1st round proper.

From UEFA website

Legia punished with UEFA ban

Wednesday 11 July 2007

e-mailPrint

Legia Warszawa have been expelled from the 2007 UEFA Intertoto Cup and banned from UEFA competition for one future season following weekend crowd trouble.

'Ugly and shocking'

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body met today to discuss disturbances involving Polish supporters at last Sunday's second round first-leg match at Lithuanian club FK Vėtra in Vilnius. With the half-time score at 2-0 in the home team's favour, Legia fans fired "a considerable number" of missiles on to the pitch and, as well as causing damage to the stadium infrastructure, engaged in "ugly and shocking" scenes with police. This continued for 30 minutes and led UEFA match officials to abandon the contest.

Default victory

As well as their expulsion from this European season and one future campaign should they qualify within the next five years, Legia have been ordered to contact Vėtra within ten days with regard to compensation for the damage caused. The match, played on 8 July, has been awarded as a 3-0 win to Vėtra by default. The Lithuanian club will progress automatically to the third round, where they will take on English side Blackburn Rovers FC.

'Obvious problem'

Although Legia said they had done much to curb hooliganism in the past three years, the body identified an "obvious problem with Legia supporters at away matches on the continent". In reaching its decision, it added: "Legia must react quickly and firmly if the club wishes to participate in UEFA competition in future. With Legia's considerable disciplinary record for away matches, the duty of playing matches against Legia becomes a tall order that UEFA cannot afford to support any longer." Legia have until Saturday if they wish to lodge an appeal against the decision.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved.

Archived