BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Intertoto 2007/08

mark

That's an extraordinary 9 minutes of tv viewing. Legia are out of the competition - no doubt there.

Let's only hope the Lithuanians train their police before Waggy rocks up in Vilnius ... ... ...

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky web site are suggesting Vetra get awarded the first leg 3-0 and the second leg will be played. I know the Intertoto format is structured so that all the games go on the betting form- perhaps there is a UEFA contractual obligation which requires them to do so.

If so this would be massively irresponsible as the likelihood of trouble in the second leg if not played behind closed doors is massive.

Even if Legia are not thrown out and they come back from 0-3 to play Rovers, I would have thought their home game against Rovers will either be behind closed doors or moved several hundred kilometers.

I only heard this when I logged onto an earlier page this morning. I knew that Vetra were 2-0 up but at the end of the day they'll have the right to go through and no 2nd leg should be played.

Did you see the knob with the Umbro sign? Him and his mate brought it up to the riot police and went to throw it, only for the fat slog to hold onto the hoarding and swung it around and it went like -5 metres, lol. In all honesty, it was disgraceful scenes and good to see the police arresting one of the thugs. (he was fighting along side a car behind the goals and some ol' geezer also got a smack in the same scene.

If it proves that UEFA want the 2nd leg to be played, then it shows their objectives about money.

EASY OPTION: Legia out!!

I looked at trains but its a nightmare - looks like it takes 13 hours , with 3 stoppages?

So who else is on this flight from Durham to Warsaw?

There's me + 8 of my mates, and 15 from Ewood Blues so thats at least 24 stranded in Poland.

Not prepared to spend another £200+ on another flight... so might have to watch it on the box in a bar in Warsaw... could be quite surreal to say the least! :rolleyes:

I looked at trains but its a nightmare - looks like it takes 13 hours , with 3 stoppages?

So who else is on this flight from Durham to Warsaw?

There's me + 8 of my mates, and 15 from Ewood Blues so thats at least 24 stranded in Poland.

Not prepared to spend another £200+ on another flight... so might have to watch it on the box in a bar in Warsaw... could be quite surreal to say the least! :rolleyes:

Theres also the stanstead to lodz flight that me and my mates are on and assume they'l be others on it. Says on bbc website a decision about yesterdays events to be made on wedenesday. They getting thrown out!

Rovers fans or the club itself should organise a designated bus from warsaw to vetra! Silly improbable idea I know but just trying to think of possibilities of salvaging something from this!

Theres also the stanstead to lodz flight that me and my mates are on and assume they'l be others on it. Says on bbc website a decision about yesterdays events to be made on wedenesday. They getting thrown out!

Rovers fans or the club itself should organise a designated bus from warsaw to vetra! Silly improbable idea I know but just trying to think of possibilities of salvaging something from this!

Don't understand the logic for Rovers helping out here!!? I don't think I can go anyway (unless it's Sunday) but even if I could there's no way I'd have second guessed a football match's results. There was a betting thread on here that showed people were generally unsuccessful- why on earth should the result of this match be any more certain than the ones you (collective) lost on before?

Effectively you've all gambled, and a lot seem to have lost! (Although if you put a bet on the outcome of the match you might have made your money back)

I paid £38 for my flights so hardly the end of the world Jan.

At the end of the day I'll probably still end up flying to Poland and getting there somehow.

Just asked for a quote for a stretch limo lol, well, it's worth a look isnt it!!!

Contacted them already Tris.

I'm in contact with a few, looking for something smallish for our group. Hadnt thought about getting anything bigger for everyone really. Don't know if I want that responsibility lol.

Archived