BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Intertoto 2007/08

mark

There is certainly bad blood between the Lithuanians and Poles. It is a part of the world where boundaries have been repeatedly redrawn- between the Wars there was an independent Lithuania but Vilnius (where this game is being played) remained part of a much larger Poland.

When I saw the draw, I thought there was scope for trouble in Vetra's superannuated stadium.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just been on Vetra website and it allows you access in English, unfortuantely as you do enter the site crashes !!! Been over to Legia sites and there is a live radio feed, unfortunately its in bloody polish !!!

<_<

According to a post on the official site, Warsaw fand have invaded the pitch and a police officer has been hit by a brick.

if that is the case then surely they will be thrown out and FK Vetra will go through to play Rovers !

Just how many of you have booked flights then ? I am not too sure whether any insurance policy would cover such a reason for cancelling the flight booking !!

if that is the case then surely they will be thrown out and FK Vetra will go through to play Rovers !

Just how many of you have booked flights then ? I am not too sure whether any insurance policy would cover such a reason for cancelling the flight booking !!

Me for one!! <_<

Just trying to see the funny side of it all. Trying really hard. Not quite happneing as yet.

Might have to consider ye old night bus to Lithuania....

I am currently chatting to a polish fella on the old t'internet and he says in broken english the game may not be started again because of fans rioting

If what SteB has heard is true, then I can't see Legia staying in the competition (and rightly so).

Strangely enough, I watched Danny Dyer's International Football Factory in Poland last week and it did seem like they went for the police as much as rival firms....

Just spoken to a friend in Vilnius. There were a lot of Poles in town causing mayhem and sounds like it was very bad down at the stadium.

Legia had expected a very easy win but Vetra were would up with national pride against the big neighbour aggressor etc etc. (see my previous post).

No decision to abandon taken yet but all very confused.

I can't appear to see anything on Vetra's english site http://www.fkvetra.lt/site/en/ yet regarding this

Obviously the translator isnt working today - the following is posted on the Lithuanian version. It appears to me to say that the Vetra v Legia match has been cut short due fans making riots.

"Vėtra" - "Legia" mačas nutrauktas dėl svečių sirgalių sukeltų riaušių

"Vėtros" Intertoto taurės antrojo etapo dvikova su Varšuvos "Legia" baigėsi jau po pirmojo kėlinio, nes per pertrauką kilo riaušės - susirėmė policija ir policijos susirėmimas. Iki pertraukos "Vėtra" pirmavo rezultatu 2:0. Įvarčius pelnė Lima Severino ir Dejanas Milošeskis.

Archived