BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Intertoto 2007/08

mark

Fife, the flight leaves at 8.15 in the morning. Wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting a train thee in time.

I did look into trains but not possible. I was also hoping to be able to fly from Cardiff to Tees but there aren't any cheap internal flights.

Looks like it'll be a case of asking dear father for his Impreza, its a gas conversion so a bit cheaper to run than the purple penetrator ;)

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fife, the flight leaves at 8.15 in the morning. Wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting a train thee in time.

I did look into trains but not possible. I was also hoping to be able to fly from Cardiff to Tees but there aren't any cheap internal flights.

Looks like it'll be a case of asking dear father for his Impreza, its a gas conversion so a bit cheaper to run than the purple penetrator ;)

Or go via mine and split the driving/petrol costs.

Out of interest would anybody who already booked to warsaw contemplate getting the 9 hour overnight bus to vilnius if it came to it?! ...and 9 hours back!

there's also a direct train from warsaw,about the same journey time i think but a bit more comfortable.Thats what we'll be doing if it comes to it.

there's also a direct train from warsaw,about the same journey time i think but a bit more comfortable.Thats what we'll be doing if it comes to it.

Where did you get this information from as www.polishtrains.com say that the only option is bussing it.

Warning - off at a tangent alert.

Why and how is it called Durham Airport? When I first saw it mentioned (on here), I thought "I'm sure there's not an airport at Durham". So I had a dig around and it turns out it's what used to be Teesside Airport. So about 25 miles from Durham (how far is Dunfermline from Edinburgh FR? Fancy putting Edinburgh Airport there?), near Darlington. Or how about turning Samlesbury into an airport and calling it Lancaster Airport?

Anyway back at the Intertoto..........

its called durham tees valley airport

so in effect the same naming as leeds/bradford airport

Warning - off at a tangent alert.

Why and how is it called Durham Airport? When I first saw it mentioned (on here), I thought "I'm sure there's not an airport at Durham". So I had a dig around and it turns out it's what used to be Teesside Airport. So about 25 miles from Durham (how far is Dunfermline from Edinburgh FR? Fancy putting Edinburgh Airport there?), near Darlington. Or how about turning Samlesbury into an airport and calling it Lancaster Airport?

Anyway back at the Intertoto..........

I was going to answer you on that, but I daren't! Might get put on Mod Watch. ;)

PS It's about 15 miles by road and 20 mins on the train.

I was under the impression that the overnight train to vilnius from warsaw had been stopped a few years ago. I read that on some website but i stand to be corrected.

Going off the timetable I saw, the only trains appeared to be in the day.

Anyway hopefully it wont come to that!

Re Warsaw, ive heard mixed reports about it as a city. Apparantly the old town is the place to go, few bars there. Standard couple of irish bars there as well.

On a separate note, which vilnius team is it? there is a FK Vilnius who are 2nd in the lithuanian league and a Vetra Vilnius who are mid table. The official intertoto site labels the team as FK Vetra! Not a massive point but would rather it be the mid table team and so an easier match for legia warsaw.

I was under the impression that the overnight train to vilnius from warsaw had been stopped a few years ago. I read that on some website but i stand to be corrected.

Going off the timetable I saw, the only trains appeared to be in the day.

Anyway hopefully it wont come to that!

Re Warsaw, ive heard mixed reports about it as a city. Apparantly the old town is the place to go, few bars there. Standard couple of irish bars there as well.

On a separate note, which vilnius team is it? there is a FK Vilnius who are 2nd in the lithuanian league and a Vetra Vilnius who are mid table. The official intertoto site labels the team as FK Vetra! Not a massive point but would rather it be the mid table team and so an easier match for legia warsaw.

Vetra

I think a word or two of congratulation and a big"well done" are in order for Llanelli. To come back and score 5 making it 6-6 only to go out on away goals is a fantastic display of grit and will to win. Anyway I am sure we all wish them luck in their coming season; they deserve it.

It's certainly a tinge of disappointment that Llanelli never got through, but certainly a performance that the Welsh can be proud of.

Maybe Peter Nicholas could be in line to take over from Toshack and re-introduce Robbie to the International scene, lol.

:brfc::rover::brfc:

It's certainly a tinge of disappointment that Llanelli never got through, but certainly a performance that the Welsh can be proud of.

:brfc::rover::brfc:

Absolutely! I think we should all take a deep breath and stand and sing a quick chorus of Sospan Vach (sp) :)

No seriously now: I have just done exactly that. How did I know it? I'll give you a clue; I live 20 mins away from Haymarket station (Edinburgh's nearest station to Murrayfield) and when Scotland plays Wales at Murrayfield those Welsh supporters get everywhere. The local hostelries are full of them for a couple of days before and after the match and those boyo's do love a sing-song. :lol:

Archived