SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Intertoto 2007/08

mark

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are Wisla definitely in the Intertoto?

No. We still have 6 games to finish the season. But so far there are 3 teams with same chances: Korona Kielce, Legia Warszawa and Wisła Kraków. This year two top teams will fight for champ and vice: Bełchatów and Zagłebie (CL, UEFA). Third team gets to Intertoto.

I personally believe that Wisła will face u.

Here is another factor for the equation - what would happen if Spuds won the UEFA Fair play place - but also qualified by league placing ? Would that mean an additional UEFA spot ? This could get really complicated :rolleyes:

I thought we figured that the automatic Fair Play place can;'t come from England this year (that its coming from sweeden), which means the chances of an english club getting a fairplay spot is like 1 in 50.

I thought we figured that the automatic Fair Play place can;'t come from England this year (that its coming from sweeden), which means the chances of an english club getting a fairplay spot is like 1 in 50.

There is also a limit on the amount of UEFA and Champs League places that any league can get regardless of circumstance, which will be enforced since the Liverpool champs league win...I could be wrong but I think we are currently at that limit.

Hi there

Please just tell me one thing. Are we going to play each other again this summer? We may show you this time how to play well.

Is that because you learned from us last time out?

Our chances of finishing 7th are one in a million now, unfortunately. The proposed table that Martin drew up, quite generous to us as it was, meant that even if we beat Castle and Spurs on top, we wouldn't have made 7th.

Is that because you learned from us last time out?

No. U've just had more luck. Our play was equal to each other I would say. So this would be the great opportunity to solve this matter for ever. Last time was...

Wisła Kraków 1-2 Blackburn Rovers FC 19.10.07 (12.000)

Roberto Mauro Cantoro 28 - Robert Savage 56, David Bentley 89

I hope we will meet again and proove our skill level.

What I remember is how I hate that Savage of yours !!! Is he still there?

8th place give u any entry? What about Portsmouth and Reading without application...

Best wishes

charcerzyk

i still don't get how exactly we're gonna qualify.

If Everton, Notlob & Spurs finish 5th, 6th, 7th then it'll be between us and newcastle for the intertoto, who ever finishes higher. However should those 3 teams not finish in the european spots then we don't.

So therefore we need to lose to spurs.

Reading Chairman and Manager have just been on sky saying they dont want to qualify for Europe.

Seems a little strange but confirms they havent gone for inter toto. Villa are sneaking up on us though.

Reading Chairman and Manager have just been on sky saying they dont want to qualify for Europe.

It's quite understandable, there's little doubt that Premiership form suffers slightly for teams playing in Europe. When Ipswich qualified for Europe the year after getting promoted they went straight back down. They'll have a tough enough time emulating this season at is without worrying about Europe.

I think Coppell has gone as far to say that he'll put out a reserve side should they qualify for Europe. If they really don't want to be in it that badly, is it possible that they'll 'manufacture' a last day of the season result to keep themselves out of it? I hope so.

Seems a little strange but confirms they havent gone for inter toto. Villa are sneaking up on us though.

So?

It's quite understandable, there's little doubt that Premiership form suffers slightly for teams playing in Europe. When Ipswich qualified for Europe the year after getting promoted they went straight back down. They'll have a tough enough time emulating this season at is without worrying about Europe.

I think Coppell has gone as far to say that he'll put out a reserve side should they qualify for Europe. If they really don't want to be in it that badly, is it possible that they'll 'manufacture' a last day of the season result to keep themselves out of it? I hope so.

Ipswich went down because they were a poor team. Europe is the best thing to happen to rovers for quite some time. Didn't affect our form did it?

In our Polish League it work a little bit different. Who ever will occupy third place at the end of the season, automaticly enter the Intertoto Cup. It is sorted out by our League Management. Seperate clubs don't need to apply. :)

Has anyone got a definate, definate confirmation link that Villa and Portsmouth haven't applied. All I can find are the bbc articles which aren't final.

Lee has said it on a couple of occasions so i think it's good enough to take that as given. Also it has appeared a few times in various articles.

No. U've just had more luck. Our play was equal to each other I would say. So this would be the great opportunity to solve this matter for ever.

Errrr...no disrespect, but I disagree, heartily. Will be glad to get the chance to prove it :) There's a reason we won the group, you know. That was one of our weaker performances.

Ipswich went down because they were a poor team. Europe is the best thing to happen to rovers for quite some time. Didn't affect our form did it?

No, but we're an established Premiership side.

It's a generally accepted fact that the second season is harder than the first for promoted sides who manage to survive. Just ask Wigan, Bradford etc.

Still, I guess you know what's better for Reading than their chairman and manager.

No, but we're an established Premiership side.

It's a generally accepted fact that the second season is harder than the first for promoted sides who manage to survive. Just ask Wigan, Bradford etc.

Still, I guess you know what's better for Reading than their chairman and manager.

I've made no comment about Reading. They must judge things for themselves.

Watford did us a completely unexpected favour today and Pompey obligingly lost 0-3 at Everton which even makes goal difference slip into into the outer realms of the possible as being a Rovers factor.

If we win at Spurs, a hugely unlikely UEFA Cup qualification slot will be up for grabs on Sunday next.

If we don't win at White Hart Lane, Intertoto qualification is going to be very dependent on Bolton beating Villa.

A draw at White Hart Lane could paradoxically blow both our Intertoto AND our UEFA chances if Spurs haven't picked up 3 points at the Valley on Monday night. So if it is level after 80 minutes expect to see 6 men thrown forwards on Thursday!!!

Archived