BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Intertoto 2007/08

mark

Guest fernhurstblue

more importantly, how many tickets have we sold for it and will it be on the tele box ;)

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have Villa applied? They can still catch us if we don't win against Reading.

Portsmouth are at home :( . Bolton are going to screw this up - Villa are playing well, and they aren't. Woe is me. The end is nigh.

If Villa beat Bolton and we lose, then it will mean Bolton lose out on the UEFA Cup and end up in the intertoto. We need Bolton and Spurs to win.

Perhaps should we reach the Inter-Toto Cup, it could help beat the slow starts to the season. As we are likely to play a relatively poor team in a competetive match, it may get the cogs turning that bit sooner without much risk of getting knocked out of Europe. Say we play, a Welsh team like Rhyl for example, both teams will be trying to win rather than going through the motions as is the case in many friendlies, but we should easily go through to the next round.

I think Spurs and Villa will win, and Portsmouth will draw. God knows what we'll do.

The fact that the first leg is in late July and pre-season football starts in early-July, I dont see that much of a difference in our preparations...A few days earlier at most...Worst case scenario is we treat the Intertoto as pre-season friendlies, in effect replacing a poorish tour of Germany that we always do.

Ah good to see you taking it seriously! :rover:

Come on the Arsenal, as long as they win it's all fine!

they can even draw

yes i am taking it seriously, i want to win the competition, not for the trophy, but to play more games on the pitch

they can even draw

yes i am taking it seriously, i want to win the competition, not for the trophy, but to play more games on the pitch

As long as pompey don't win its in our hands! :tu:

Yeah me to, although a trophy would be a good addition to the brfcs trophy room!

As long as pompey don't win its in our hands! :tu:

Yeah me to, although a trophy would be a good addition to the brfcs trophy room!

i can remember any brfcs team winning apart from in soccerdome

in games ive played we got beasted 6-0 at accy and 7-3 in salzburg, altho i was in a team off here 5 aside that came 2nd in the end of season games like tomorrow :)

altho i will be severly dissapointed if we fail to get inter toto, so could reflect on my performance

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but I've done a bit of research and this is the situation as I see it.

IF we qualify for the Intertoto....

In the 1st Round Lithuania's representative VETRA VILNIUS (who lost in the IC 1st round last year 5-0) play Wales' representative LLANELLI.

The winner of that game plays Poland's representative which with a couple of games to go looks highly likely to be LEGIA WARSAW (who qualified outright for the UEFA Cup this season but lost in the 1st Round to Austria who came bottom of their Group losing 4 out of 4)

The winner of that tie plays England's representative in the 3rd Round at home first leg on 21st/22nd July with the 2nd leg hopefully at Ewood on the 28th/29th July.

The winner of that tie goes into the First Round of the UEFA Cup.

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but I've done a bit of research and this is the situation as I see it.

IF we qualify for the Intertoto....

In the 1st Round Lithuania's representative VETRA VILNIUS (who lost in the IC 1st round last year 5-0) play Wales' representative LLANELLI.

The winner of that game plays Poland's representative which with a couple of games to go looks highly likely to be LEGIA WARSAW (who qualified outright for the UEFA Cup this season but lost in the 1st Round to Austria who came bottom of their Group losing 4 out of 4)

The winner of that tie plays England's representative in the 3rd Round at home first leg on 21st/22nd July with the 2nd leg hopefully at Ewood on the 28th/29th July.

Oh, Bloody 'ell - not Legia Warsaw again!

No way am I driving this time if we get through.

Mind you, it should be a lot safer 12 years on - most of the Polish population are in THIS country now :blink:

One Love - BRFC

It's just god to know, that Sparky takes being in europe serious,even if it's via the Intertoto.

I remember Graeme Souness not wanting to have anything to do with the Intertotto, in fact i don't think he was that keen on the U.E.F.A Cup.

Keep up the good work,sparky.We're all behind you.

I think you go into the final UEFA Cup qualifying round if you get through the Intertoto.

If Bolton win then we qualify for the Intertoto Cup as long as both us and tottenham don't lose.

Actually, if Bolton win, we don't need both us and Tottenham to avoid defeat. Only one of us has to avoid defeat in that case.

Also, there is a chance that Pompey or Reading could finish in the UEFA spots and we still qualify for the Intertoto, I think. It would be, if Spurs finish outside the top 7, then they have a chance of winning the fairplay thing. In that case, surely the Intertoto spot would then go to us. They're up against teams from a few other countries for the Fairplay though I think. But I don't think it matters, as Spurs will surely demolish Man City

thats racist thread closed love floppy

Eh?

What does that mean?

Racist?

I for one love the fact that eastern europeans come here to graft and make a life for themselves.

When I went Rovers V Legia in 1995 it was scary........

thats racist thread closed love floppy - explain please :blink:

Eh?

What does that mean?

Racist?

I for one love the fact that eastern europeans come here to graft and make a life for themselves.

When I went Rovers V Legia in 1995 it was scary........

thats racist thread closed love floppy - explain please :blink:

sarcasm ped haha

surely we're relying on arsenal more than bolton? it seems whatever happens, so long as portsmouth dont beat arsenal then its in our hands.

Pompey will almost certainly beat Arsenal with Wenger sending the kids out and nothing to play for :ph34r:

Archived