BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Prices

Eddie

Over the past few weeks I have been really getting annoyed by the fact that as a student I simply can't afford to get to more games then I do and this has been hammered home by the Arsenal game this weekend, which many others have also complained about. I have talked about this with a few others and was wondering if everyone thought it might be worth it to get a petition going complaining about the pricing for football matches and saying that the average football fan was being driven away from the game by the cost of attending games at certain clubs. Obviously this would not be addressed at all games, Rovers for example are relatively cheap to watch, but I know that it is a common complaint and something that almost every football fan I know mentions. If no one else feels that this is a good idea then feel free to say it and to have this thread locked as quickly as possible.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for you Eddie, but I don't see why the clubs who sell out every game should/would lower prices for students, much less traveling fans. Simple economics say that if there's more demand than supply you can hike the prices. Now as for the teams who do not sell out every game, then they have NO excuse for not offering at least a Uni student discount among others...

I wonder if there can be a league standard pricing structure and if a team chooses to have their tickets higher, that's fine, but the travelling fans only have to pay the standard rate...

Whatever the case, I think 35-40 pounds for a general Prem game where you're not right on the ground is obscene...I've not seen too many games in all the premiership that would justify 45 quid out of me pocket...but however you slice it, the prices have priced families out of games. There's no way you could take a regular working-class family of four to a game and not have to dip into junior's college fund...

Over the past few weeks I have been really getting annoyed by the fact that as a student I simply can't afford to get to more games then I do

Probably direct action is needed rather than petitions . I noticed that Birmingham at home to Stoke the other day attracted less than 16,000 punters - largely due to a boycott because of the prices (although an early kick off won't have helped) . This kind of thing will become more frequent .

In the meantime , Eddie , you could try working for a living .... :unsure:

It will be interesting to see how many fans we have in london tomoz, not many i reckon, considering we have three big games this week.

Free transport would be nice like what bolton did for their fans but i think our club does enough. 32 pounds is steep for an FA cup game considering the current climate and the trend for fans to snub these games, add on travel to London and it all adds up, we all know this.

If a petition was put together i'll sign it as i have been a student and understand how hard it can be, in fact it was student prices that got me to Ewood on a regualr basis I remember paying 8 pounds once for a prem game and that was only about 6 years ago.

It will be interesting to see how many fans we have in london tomoz, not many i reckon, considering we have three big games this week.

Free transport would be nice like what bolton did for their fans but i think our club does enough. 32 pounds is steep for an FA cup game considering the current climate and the trend for fans to snub these games, add on travel to London and it all adds up, we all know this.

If a petition was put together i'll sign it as i have been a student and understand how hard it can be, in fact it was student prices that got me to Ewood on a regualr basis I remember paying 8 pounds once for a prem game and that was only about 6 years ago.

allegedly 500+ according to the ticket office. We have 2000 tickets

I fully respect those that went to Arsenal today, but I really cannot see the attraction.

I know it's a new stadium and all, but at the end of the day 'The Emirates' for me epitomises everything that is wrong in the game. It's a bloody long way and a disgusting rip-off to boot.

I fully respect those that went to Arsenal today, but I really cannot see the attraction.

I know it's a new stadium and all, but at the end of the day 'The Emirates' for me epitomises everything that is wrong in the game. It's a bloody long way and a disgusting rip-off to boot.

It's a 20 minute drive and I get to sit on a comfortable seat with enough leg room. At half time, people come round selling hot dogs, pies, hot and cold drinks, and the whole place is just nice.

It's a 20 minute drive and I get to sit on a comfortable seat with enough leg room. At half time, people come round selling hot dogs, pies, hot and cold drinks, and the whole place is just nice.

But you still needed Dawn to point you to the correct row!! I'm sure Jason Brown's an attraction but you were never going to get close for long!! :lol:

The stadium is impressive in a way - but give me a choice between that corporate sanitised hell hole and Luton Town - I'll take Luton every single time thanks. Close to the action, a bit of character, 10 quid cheaper, proper fans who understand the game - overall a much better experience.

whilst i am in agreeance with the majority and the club should do it's utmost to make going to footy, as economically viable as possible for the fans....I am also of the opinion that if you (generalisation) want to go to games, and want to see the best teams in the country, then i don't see why the club should charge dirt cheap prices.

eddie, i aint cracking on at you but i am just generalising. we know that fans pick and choose what games they want to go and see, but if they want to choose to go and see a man utd or arsenal or chelsea etc etc then i think they should pay the price to watch top quality teams. i don't have a problem at all, of paying 32 quid to watch rovers and arsenal, because we are watching our team play aginst one of the top four sides in english football. how much are the tickets for the leverkusen game on thursday...15 quid!!!!, and i still bet that we don't get more than 25 thousand fans at the game.

whilst i am in agreeance with the majority and the club should do it's utmost to make going to footy, as economically viable as possible for the fans....I am also of the opinion that if you (generalisation) want to go to games, and want to see the best teams in the country, then i don't see why the club should charge dirt cheap prices.

eddie, i aint cracking on at you but i am just generalising. we know that fans pick and choose what games they want to go and see, but if they want to choose to go and see a man utd or arsenal or chelsea etc etc then i think they should pay the price to watch top quality teams. i don't have a problem at all, of paying 32 quid to watch rovers and arsenal, because we are watching our team play aginst one of the top four sides in english football. how much are the tickets for the leverkusen game on thursday...15 quid!!!!, and i still bet that we don't get more than 25 thousand fans at the game.

You have to admit though better pricing (not dirt cheap pricing) means more fans at the games, we had 27,000 for the Bolton game at home this year and that had everything to do with the ticket pricing. The attitude that clubs should charge high prices because they can is exactly why there are so many empty seats across the country. The casual fans are put off by sky high prices and the fact that other than the top four no one else is ever going to win the premeirship.

£4 for a Pie is a joke though.

I didnt like the Emirates Stadium, the views are Rubbish, everythings overpriced, didnt feel like I was at football match just a big corporate event. Even though its a dump i'd much rather go to Fratton Park next season then back to there

£4 for a Pie is a joke though.

I didnt like the Emirates Stadium, the views are Rubbish, everythings overpriced, didnt feel like I was at football match just a big corporate event. Even though its a dump i'd much rather go to Fratton Park next season then back to there

you SO don't live in London. £4 for a pie in a box with a fork is a bargain! And the atmosphere was great- My friend and I much preferred it to the normal away ground. Great seats, great view, and the away crowd seemed much more civilised.

Loved it. One of the few grounds which provides facilities on a par with Rovers.

you SO don't live in London. £4 for a pie in a box with a fork is a bargain! And the atmosphere was great- My friend and I much preferred it to the normal away ground. Great seats, great view, and the away crowd seemed much more civilised.

Loved it. One of the few grounds which provides facilities on a par with Rovers.

£4 is way too much also I didnt get a fork :angry: . The atmosphere was crap when I went even when they were up 5-2, didnt sound too great on TV on sat either.

The view was terrible couldnt see when the ball was on other side of pitch

Away crowd seemed much more civilized? By that i presume you mean sitting on our hands for 90 mins with sporadic chants of 'mark hughues blue white army'! Atmosphere from us and them was crap on saturday and i would also like to critize the view couldnt really see the other end that well. As for the seats, nice but we aint at the ****ing opera are we? Much rather go to a traditional away end (as long it has a roof-take note pompey and no poles in the way-take note everton).

As for ticket prices, Chels have announed that their gona freeze the prices! Boy arent they generous, so it still gonna be £45 and £48! Terrific :angry:

Fair comment, but I don't think those are the only teams pricing their fans out of the game. The stadium wasn't full on Saturday and for me that speaks for itself. If any club can justify their pricing scheme with either a full ground or some other more complicated reason then that is fair enough.

Fair comment, but I don't think those are the only teams pricing their fans out of the game. The stadium wasn't full on Saturday and for me that speaks for itself. If any club can justify their pricing scheme with either a full ground or some other more complicated reason then that is fair enough.

The ground would have been full (apart from the away end) if there wasnt 60 hours between the tickets going on sale and the match taking place.

Are matches at the Emirates generally sold out?

Away crowd seemed much more civilized? By that i presume you mean sitting on our hands for 90 mins with sporadic chants of 'mark hughues blue white army'! Atmosphere from us and them was crap on saturday and i would also like to critize the view couldnt really see the other end that well. As for the seats, nice but we aint at the ****ing opera are we? Much rather go to a traditional away end (as long it has a roof-take note pompey and no poles in the way-take note everton).

As for ticket prices, Chels have announed that their gona freeze the prices! Boy arent they generous, so it still gonna be £45 and £48! Terrific :angry:

Not being funny, but it meant I could watch the game in peace. Could sit for most of the game, and enjoy it. I go for the GAME, not the surrounding chatter. Each to their own.

Not being funny, but it meant I could watch the game in peace. Could sit for most of the game, and enjoy it. I go for the GAME, not the surrounding chatter. Each to their own.

Indeed, lets price the general football fan out of the game so the prawn sandwich brigade can sit there singing "Rovers, Rovers ra ra ra"

Archived