Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Ordering Woes

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would appear we have a crap system for issuing tickets

It's a bit buried, but in the Season Ticket FAQs on the official site it says

Rovers are currently enhancing the phone system so that improvements should be experienced very shortly. We do apologise for any problems, but at busy times some delays may be inevitable.

Perhaps a few days before an FA Cup quarter final at home wasn't the best time to start the upgrade?!

i cant believe theres a 2 quid booking fee

I think its fair - the admin cost of someone doing it instead of you doing it online.

It would be wrong to slate Rovers for this because most companies do the same

whats the difference between going down and geting your ticket and paying on your debit card??apart from a stamp and envolope? not slating them i just think its a rip off,not as much as ticketbasterD but a rip off nonetheless..

Coupled with an inadequate response to unusually high levels of demand.

The recent promotions by the club to get people to come to matches maybe have begun to work, I think it's a positive response from the public to the club's generous offers. Thats a good thing.

What it has uncovered is that whilst we are putting 100% effort into getting people to ring up/call in/use internet to but tickets - there is (at the moment) not a good enough system in place to cope.

Someone said earlier that they were 60th in the queue - this might make some people say - oh well I'll leave it...

Something needs to be done - even if it's temporary to cover the system upgrade.

Not wanting to sound as santamonious as some of the more affluent (oh yeah and don't we just know it ) board members but....

Renewed.

Can anyone tell me if JW lower central has gone down in price? I've never really noticed how much it cost, to be honest.

Almost offering to buy them the tickets they want but seemingly can't afford if it will JUST get them out of the queue in front of you.

.... there is a lot of quibling over a couple of quid going on.....

Ticket office is busy - great news, happy days are here again!

whats the difference between going down and geting your ticket and paying on your debit card??apart from a stamp and envolope? not slating them i just think its a rip off,not as much as ticketbasterD but a rip off nonetheless..

So do I Abbey and refuse to pay it 9same as I won't pay over £20 for a run of the mill ticket and if we get through won't go to Cardiff if the Semis are held there)

As mentioned, ordered mine on-line at the weekend and it arrived yesterday so for me everything hey ok but as Paul mentioned earlier re having to put all the details back in - I have had similar problems previously when queing at the ticket office.

If I hadn't been able to to it on-line I would not have waited 20 mins on the phone and seeing as I can't get down to the ground during the week would have had to try on Saturday - failing that I wouldn't have bothered going.

I know we're Rovers fans, and so therefore love a good moan, but some of the stuff on here is ridiculous.

The system we have for buying tickets is the same as for any other club (probably) and for concerts etc.

My wife bought tickets for Take That last friday (I know, I know - I keep telling her but she won't listen!!!) and roped me in to help - She was sat on the phone redialing again and again and eventually when through was placed in a queue (i don't what number), all the while I was on the computer on the Ticketmaster site and the official Take That site - both of which kept crashing.

We started at 9am - and I eventually managed to buy tickets through Ticketmaster at about 1.30pm. Personally I don't see the attraction in going to see Take That, but my wife really wanted to go and was therefore prepared to put in the effort (and make me do likewise) to get the tickets. She didn't moan and whinge at having to do it, she just accepted that there was great demand and she would have to be patient.

It would appear that Rovers can't win - when there's no demand for tickets everyone moans and when there is demand everyone moans!!

Oh btw, I rang yesterday morning to get 3 tickets - 15 minutes on the phone and easy as you like - I was even able to work whilst I was in the queue thanks to being able to put the phone on speaker and leave it on my desk!!

We do not have the facilities at BRFC for a 30000+ crowd. We dont have the pies, and we dont have the staff to sell the beer. Never mind stewards and ticket office staff. BRFC have a stadium with 30000+ seats in it, FACT. BRFC cant cpoe with 30000+ fans FACT

BRFC could cope for the price of a few weeks wages from 1 of their stars.... think about it.

I think its fair - the admin cost of someone doing it instead of you doing it online.

But you can't bloody well do it online if you want the season ticket discount .....so it's not fair is it ?

I wouldn't mind so much if they put an explanation online to say what the problem is . With the absence of that I remain suspicious of their motives .....

Some diehards may feel it's all part of the experience to hang on a phone half the day or queue up round the ground - many out there aren't . Maybe the Rovers feel they can bugger the season ticket holders around and get away with it , I don't know ......(well they can with this game as it happens in my case :blink: ...but it needs sorting ) :unsure:

But you can't bloody well do it online if you want the season ticket discount .....so it's not fair is it ?

I wouldn't mind so much if they put an explanation online to say what the problem is . With the absence of that I remain suspicious of their motives .....

Some diehards may feel it's all part of the experience to hang on a phone half the day or queue up round the ground - many out there aren't . Maybe the Rovers feel they can bugger the season ticket holders around and get away with it , I don't know ......(well they can with this game as it happens in my case :blink: ...but it needs sorting ) :unsure:

Im not at all suspicious of the motives at all, however agree entirely with the final paragraph. It needs to be an easy experience to purchase tickets. People will not hang on in a que for half an hour, a lot of people CANT do that during TO opening times.

Are opening times extended on Saturday to deal with the demand? Should a decision be made on something like that and announced? Should the club encourage people to fax and/or email applications for tickets complete with a phone number to be called back on if there any problems - otherwise collect at the pre paid collection point?

Whilst selling potentially 20000+ home tickets in 10 days isnt easy, it shouldnt be entirely unexpected.

Nb - I noticed that the money for my ST was taken promptly for once.. :unsure:

I could have sworn I've seen it announced somewhere , Stu ...but looking on the official board I can't find it . I may have seen it when I was queueing up this morning .

Maybe you'd better ignore me until it's confirmed by Lee or someone .. :unsure:

I could have sworn I've seen it announced somewhere , Stu ...but looking on the official board I can't find it . I may have seen it when I was queueing up this morning .

Maybe you'd better ignore me until it's confirmed by Lee or someone .. :unsure:

Given the fact that two people are regularly attend, and go to great lengths to get information dont know, I think its safe to say your casual joe doesnt.

Archived