BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Ordering Woes

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

Well I had the misfortune of using the telephone order line today to purchase tickets for the Arsenal game. Rang and initially told I was told that I am number 8 in the line, I thought hey that is good shouldn't take longer than 15 mins or so, 35 minutes later I have moved to position 3, this is a disgrace, either the queue information system is knackered or it is misinformation to stop people from hanging up, as no way can it this long to serve 8 customers. Whaey I have moved up to 2!! 43 minutes and counting.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SNAP

I was ringing to find out when the west ham tickets go on sale - have called 4 times now about 10 mins each call and cant get through. Tried to book online first and no games are listed.

Guess its a good thing if they are busy?

Guest Kamy100

Got them booked, in total it took just over 50 minutes. I don't mind waiting for my tickets, but Rovers need to get the information thing sorted, they can't tell people that they are 8th in the queue when in fact they are much further back, because no way can it take 50 minutes to serve 8 people, the only plausible reason for such a delay would be that we have dingles working in the ticket office who understandbly have difficulty operating keyboards.

Oh good- now it appears that the numpties from the queue are phoning up for tickets!! Have you never been in the ticket queue behind someone who

-decided that they need 3 adults and 4 kids for away game x, only to get to the paying bit and realise that it's actually 4 adults and 3 kids, and their auntie "might just fancy coming- do you mind if I phone her? "then

-decided to purchase tickets for a home game and spent about 15 minutes trying to decide between the JW upper and the Riverside corner- going through the whole gamut of reasons why each would be good.

- decided to become a member (given that they can now get stars) and spend 10 minutes filling in a form

While behind them you're entreating them to

- make a bloody decision

- go forth and multiply

Almost offering to buy them the tickets they want but seemingly can't afford if it will JUST get them out of the queue in front of you.

I suspect that's more your problem now!

Guest Kamy100
i use the online bit

takes seconds

I was going to use online, but for some reason the Arsenal game is not available via the online booking system.

been trying to phone the ticket office up all day to see if there any tickets left for the bolton away game, but i just can't bloody speak to someone. Just on hold all the bloody time, no wonder the crowds are crap, if customers can't by any tickets

The online system is crap there are no matches on there

Oh good- now it appears that the numpties from the queue are phoning up for tickets!! Have you never been in the ticket queue behind someone who

-decided that they need 3 adults and 4 kids for away game x, only to get to the paying bit and realise that it's actually 4 adults and 3 kids, and their auntie "might just fancy coming- do you mind if I phone her? "then

-decided to purchase tickets for a home game and spent about 15 minutes trying to decide between the JW upper and the Riverside corner- going through the whole gamut of reasons why each would be good.

- decided to become a member (given that they can now get stars) and spend 10 minutes filling in a form

While behind them you're entreating them to

- make a bloody decision

- go forth and multiply

Almost offering to buy them the tickets they want but seemingly can't afford if it will JUST get them out of the queue in front of you.

I suspect that's more your problem now!

Yes I've been there and what makes it even worse is when you have to go in your lunch hour and get there and back as well as eat and the queue just doesn't move. The staff always seem to be doing their best but there's always at least one ditherer who just hasn't got information before they go and jams up the whole system.

Yes I've been there and what makes it even worse is when you have to go in your lunch hour and get there and back as well as eat and the queue just doesn't move. The staff always seem to be doing their best but there's always at least one ditherer who just hasn't got information before they go and jams up the whole system.

yes that doesn't help, but why can't they bloody answer the telephone to waiting customers

Called on Friday and was position 30 in the queue. Sacked that off and ordered online instead. Have to say the telephone ordering has become ridiculous this season. I can remember a handful of times in the past having to wait longer than 10 mins. This season it's nearly every time and often have had to give up. Can only assume they've decided to outsource the call answering to Knowsley Safari Park.

Called on Friday and was position 30 in the queue. Sacked that off and ordered online instead. Have to say the telephone ordering has become ridiculous this season. I can remember a handful of times in the past having to wait longer than 10 mins. This season it's nearly every time and often have had to give up. Can only assume they've decided to outsource the call answering to Knowsley Safari Park.

they are saying on the official site we can't order the tickets online at the moment for the arsenal or bolton match.

bloody great in it, how the hell can we buy any tickets if we can't order them online or over the phone because they don't answer any telephone calls.

Because the idiots are probably on the phone now making similar responses.

they must have more then one line, you should not have to be kept on waiting on the phone for so long (5 to 10 minutes waiting is ok but to be kept waiting for over an hour on 4 occasions like today and still not get answered is bloody crazy)

Don't want to dismiss all of your experiences, but do feel the need to redress the balance slightly. I use the telephone ordering system all the time - in fact only actually been in person to the ticket office once in the last 2 years and have never used the online system, and have never really had any problems. In fact, I don't remember having to wait more than a couple of minutes at any time - including ringing up about 4 times in 10 minutes the other week trying to get tickets for the Leverkusen match.

Don't want to dismiss all of your experiences, but do feel the need to redress the balance slightly. I use the telephone ordering system all the time - in fact only actually been in person to the ticket office once in the last 2 years and have never used the online system, and have never really had any problems. In fact, I don't remember having to wait more than a couple of minutes at any time - including ringing up about 4 times in 10 minutes the other week trying to get tickets for the Leverkusen match.

Normally it's fine, however at the moment it doesn't seem to be coping with the increase in traffic that games at short notice brings (and the reduction in price for Notlob meaning that more people suddenly want to go.)

I can't recall the last time I had problems but I haven't used the phone line for a while now so can't comment on this week's problems.

Although it won't answer any issues before Wednesday we can put it as an agenda item for the Fans' Forum - the next one is scheduled for March 19th, 3 weeks today.

My mum phoned up for Bolton tickets the other day and asked about why there was such a long queue. Because Rovers have not yet received the new tickets from Bolton, they're having to fill in a form for each ticket, which is why it is taking longer than normal.

What bugs me is having to listen to 3 or 4 minutes of waffle every time I phone.

YES,I know when the game is played.

YES, I know how much a ticket costs.

NO, I don't want to know the office opening hours. thank you very much.

JUST LET ME BUY A SODDING TICKET :angry:

What bugs me is having to listen to 3 or 4 minutes of waffle every time I phone.

YES,I know when the game is played.

YES, I know how much a ticket costs.

NO, I don't want to know the office opening hours. thank you very much.

JUST LET ME BUY A SODDING TICKET :angry:

If you know already know what button to press at the end of the 3 or 4 minutes then you could try pressing it at the start rather than waiting for the recorded message to prompt you. Should save you a bit of time!

Archived