SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Ordering Woes

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paul,

Simon garner is right - our online booking system used to be fantastic.

...and now you can't even claim the discount online for being a season ticket holder (or if you can it's that bloody difficult it beat me ) . Do they really think I'm not going to notice and pay the extra ? :blink:

A joke ; if it wasn't for the kids I'd give the queueing up tomorrow at the ticket office a miss and watch it in the boozer .

Paul,

You had the ability not only to choose the area, but it also showed every seat, with a cross through the unavailable seats.

This meant that you could click each seat you wanted and then these would appear with a croos too.

I think you had 5 minutes to complete the transaction before your chosen seats went back on sale.

1. The best Thing About This System?
It was LIVE

You didnt need to wait in a queue!

You didnt need to speak to anyone from the TO

IT WORKED!

But we dont have it anymore :angry:

Yes I can confirm what PP says. Just one slight error in the reservation time after marking your chosen seat. It was 10 mins, and it worked fine; I used it several times :)

Paul,

Sounds very good. When was this? I don't recall seeing anything other than variations on what we have now.

Sounds very good. When was this? I don't recall seeing anything other than variations on what we have now.

Paul,

It could have been as recent as 2 seasons ago.

It was so easy. I always used to buy my seats for the riverside, and it showed each area and then each seat within that area. All seats taken were crossed out, so it was a very simple process.

Fife is correct, the system allowed 10 minutes for you to process the payment, or the tickets went back on sale.

Literally a case of 'booked it, packed it, f**ked off!!'

Why they dont still have it - who knows? <_<

I seem to recall being told that the old system wasnt compatible with the Skidata thingy which is why it had to go.

But I might be wrong.

You might be right Stu, it rings a bell. Incidentally to praise the club a minute I ordered my tickets online for tonight and they arrived no problems and I didn't even get charged a booking fee. It's still a huge pain that I can't choose a particular seat though.

You might be right Stu, it rings a bell. Incidentally to praise the club a minute I ordered my tickets online for tonight and they arrived no problems and I didn't even get charged a booking fee. It's still a huge pain that I can't choose a particular seat though.

I did the same, ordered 3 last friday arrived yesterday with no extra costs, maybe they havent worked out how to do that on the online system yet!

I seem to recall being told that the old system wasnt compatible with the Skidata thingy which is why it had to go.

But I might be wrong.

Golden rule of I.T. projects.

The system you are putting in must have at the very least the same or improved functionality of the system you are replacing. A concept most project managers at my place dont seem to grasp leaving the client a little unhappy and bemused as to why they forked out all that cash!

However, you can't be too picky as it does seem to do what it says on the tin without any issues, so hats off to Rovers for that one.

Just bought my tickets for the Citeh match, through it two rings - option 1 then option 9, a brief recorded message and then through to a very helpful person.

Tickets bought, 2 for £32, all in less than 3 minutes.

You know you want to.

However, you can't be too picky as it does seem to do what it says on the tin without any issues, so hats off to Rovers for that one.

Or does it..

Just ordered my ticket online and got "An error has occurred when removing the item from the basket. Please try again later." after I'd put my card details in etc..

Logged on again, and my seat details dont appear, so at this stage havent a clue if its worked or not, and will probably have to call the ticket office anyway.

Just bought my tickets for the Citeh match, through it two rings - option 1 then option 9, a brief recorded message and then through to a very helpful person.

Tickets bought, 2 for £32, all in less than 3 minutes.

You know you want to.

u lucky bugger 3 minutes must be a record, did you buy your bolton tickets as well

Archived