BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Ordering Woes

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we were sh$$, I queued up all the way down Kidder Street and back for Man Utd tickets in the cup on a Sunday morning!

I even got to wander on to the pitch and pretend I was Simon Barker for a bit. It were freezing too.

But you can't bloody well do it online if you want the season ticket discount .....so it's not fair is it ?

I wouldn't mind so much if they put an explanation online to say what the problem is . With the absence of that I remain suspicious of their motives .....

It's a cock-up, rather than a rip-off. I booked my ticket online with ST discount.

Simon :brfc:

Correct Simon, once the claim your seat deadline had passed we were only able to offer tickets online at the standard price. The flip side was that tickets couldn't be sold online to non-STH holders until that deadline had passed.

The reduced STH rate is still available to everyone by other means.

I ordered my three season ticket seats last weekend.

One came on Tuesday, I'm still waiting for the other two.

After the postie had not delivered them this morning, I phoned the ticket office. They told me that they think the tickets have been sent DOH, they also said quite a lot of people have complained about not receiving tickets.

Their answer, if I don't get them tomorrow, phone back Sunday morning and they'll arrange duplicates to be picked up before the game.

My worry is, have the ticket office made a mistake, not booked the seats to me and sold them to someone else.

If the tickets have been stolen, can they be disabled?, preventing entry to the ground. I wouldn't like my kids to get to their seats only to find some City thugs sat in them.

If you find a city fan in the seat your allocated kindly ask him to leave, the same can said that if you find a fellow Rovers fan in your seat ask them kindly to move !

Politeness all around is the way ahead apparently in this logical, excellent pc aware world of ours. :wstu:

Politeness ; asking to leave.......

Tried that with Everton fans a few seasons ago. The ignored me, I told Steward, He went off and didnt come back, so after 5 mins i told Mr plod. He told me to tell a steward. Told i I did and that Steward walked off and didnt come back. PLod told me to just sit in any vacant seat. I had words with plod, and plod ejected me form the ground.... I didnt go to ewood for 2 years after that little fiasco.

So be polite, to Citeh fans, Steward, Supervisors, Plod and small furry animals.

I ordered my three season ticket seats last weekend.

One came on Tuesday, I'm still waiting for the other two.

After the postie had not delivered them this morning, I phoned the ticket office. They told me that they think the tickets have been sent DOH, they also said quite a lot of people have complained about not receiving tickets.

Their answer, if I don't get them tomorrow, phone back Sunday morning and they'll arrange duplicates to be picked up before the game.

My worry is, have the ticket office made a mistake, not booked the seats to me and sold them to someone else.

If the tickets have been stolen, can they be disabled?, preventing entry to the ground. I wouldn't like my kids to get to their seats only to find some City thugs sat in them.

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of months back. I turned up on the day, got my replacement after showing my season ticket, and had no further problem. I wouldn't worry they probably just got lost in our wonderful postage system.

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of months back. I turned up on the day, got my replacement after showing my season ticket, and had no further problem. I wouldn't worry they probably just got lost in our wonderful postage system.

Yes indeed, and if you do go and find someone in your seat, further enquiries may reveal that he is a postal worker.

• 2 months later...

I really wonder what goes on at our ticket office sometimes. Yesterday my father in law attempted to renew his season ticket, only to be told that his seat had been sold. How on earth that could be the case when the renewal deadline has not yet passed, and he actually holds the ticket with the seat details printed on it I have no idea.

He transferred to the new seat from another part of the Blackburn End a few games ago but was told by the muppet in the Ticket Office that someone had forgotten to update the computer and the seat was no longer available for next year!

Anyway after a well justified rant and rave they promised to call him back. Ten minutes later they did, claiming that they had spoken to the guy that they had sold the seat to and he was happy to give it back (despite there being no other available seats in the vicinitiy).

How the hell could the club sell an exisiting season ticket holders seat BEFORE the renewal deadline and BEFORE the seat transfer date and BEFORE any non ticket holders have had the chance to buy a ticket for the first time?!

We basically think the that dope in the ticket office either a) was illiterate or innumerate and completely made a hash of the situation (but then why claim that the new seat holder was happy to give it back?) or b ) had tried to pull a fast one and claim a seat in a good area of the ground, possibly near to friends and would hope no one would notice. It is clear that the seat can't have been sold under normal circumstances by this date as it is not possible.

Further to this, if the club have failed to update their records of my father in law having this seat transfer it worries me if any of us can be guaranteed our seats for next year.

As most season ticket holders on here will testify, where you sit and who you sit with is sacred. The club very nearly lost a loyal and long time supporter for ever yesterday...

How the hell could the club sell an exisiting season ticket holders seat BEFORE the renewal deadline and BEFORE the seat transfer date and BEFORE any non ticket holders have had the chance to buy a ticket for the first time?!

Empty seats have been available for sale since the day that prices were announced. According to the computer (albeit in error) your father-in-law's current seat was empty. However he'd have been able (probably) to go back to his old seat- if the logic follows through.

If not- I agree- a shower of muppets.

Archived