BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trouble In Germany

I think that if it was, as someone said, a group of lads attacking one victim then of course they should be reported and should be banned. I can't see how people can say that that isn't the correct response.

If it was a group of lads attacking a lone woman would anyone be calling for people to put away their phones? I doubt it. What makes it acceptable because it was a man? because this is what we have come to expect in our society littered with 'chavs'? This is how 'proper' lads, who have a beer and watch football sometimes behave?

I'm sorry, but this, to me, is in a nut shell what is wrong in our society as a whole today. People aren't keen to get involved anymore. Why? because they were once in town and the police didn't come in time when they needed them? Well like Thenodrog said, two wrongs don't make a right. Or is it because they simply don't think an assault on one man is anything that deserves punishment? Maybe they just don't like being a 'grass'. Well i'm sorry but if a group of lads attacked my brother and people had information and weren't sharing it with the police then i'd be disgusted.

I would have agreed that it had all been blown out of proportion if it was just a scuffle between two lads, but it sounds like an assault by a group of lads who clearly outnumbered one person.

Sorry pugg, but you are making too many assumptions to back up your opinion:

"IF it was a group of lads......"

"An assault by a group of lads who clearly outnumbered one person......"

How do you know this?

Were you there, and if so did you see every punch?

Perhaps it should be left to the people that were 'assaulted' to make a complaint.

Anyway, I think it was the Vicar in the ballroom with the lead pipe :blink:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly USA - Perhaps all they need to do to resolve this heinous crime is to make covert contact with the super sleuths that have posted here and seem to know the crime committed and the punishment required - that could bring them back within budget eh? <_<

So IF it was a group of lads attacking one person, you don't think that warrents investigation?

I like how people have taken the stance of taking the micky out of people that are condoning this behaviour, for example 'super sleuths'. Is it meant to make people like myself, who think this should be investigated, seem like 'busy bodies'?

Like I said before, if it was a scuffle then it has been blown out of proportion. If it was an assault on one victim, it should be investigated.

So IF it was a group of lads attacking one person, you don't think that warrents investigation?

I like how people have taken the stance of taking the micky out of people that are condoning this behaviour, for example 'super sleuths'. Is it meant to make people like myself, who think this should be investigated, seem like 'busy bodies'?

Like I said before, if it was a scuffle then it has been blown out of proportion. If it was an assault on one victim, it should be investigated.

To be honest with you Pugg, I would just let the Police do their best.

Surely above, you mean " I like how people have taken the stance of taking the Mickey out of people that are NOT condoning this behaviour" ?

There are 'busy bodies' on here trying to get involved, some of which probably never even witnessed the incident.

To be honest with you Pugg, I would just let the Police do their best.

Surely above, you mean " I like how people have taken the stance of taking the Mickey out of people that are NOT condoning this behaviour" ?

There are 'busy bodies' on here trying to get involved, some of which probably never even witnessed the incident.

Well I actually meant condemning :P , but it's early hehe.

Well if someone who didn't see the incident is trying to get involved with the police, then I agree with you.

If I saw the incident (if it wasn't just a scuffle between two lads) and had a picture i'd take it to the police and leave it at that.

Which is why I want to know where and how the legal decision is made - assuming of course some sort of conviction is required for the authorities to dish out banning orders!

Evidence must be presented to a magistrates court.

It seems difficult to understand why a number of people, having travelled some distance presumably to watch Rovers, can end up fighting inside the stadium whilst the match is being played.

However, I sit in the Jack Walker upper tier, and this season alone, I have been in the middle of three altercations between fully grown men, all Rovers fans, arguing about what was happening on the pitch. Although none of these ended in violence, at least two of them could have without some common sense intervention. And before anyone comments on who the common denominator is, none of them involved me!

I am sure I have heard similar reports on this site this season of similar events also, around the ground.

Is it the Rovers? Is it the beer? Is it the pies?

Not sure, but it is a happening more for sure.

Most cases of assault presented to the magistrates court are drink related and dealt with accordingly (i.e. the drink not being taken into consideration at all). This should be dealt with exactly the same way. If it is proven to be assault it should be dealt with as such. And most people on here (includeing me) dont know the exact details. That is why the police are investigating, to see if it any action needs taking. They might conclude it isnt you know. Why people think assualt is acceptable in a football stadium or in town is acceptable in any way is a major concern. What do you think the government/police are talking about when they talk about "anti-social behaviour" and the effects of "binge drinking". I like to get very p##### and do so when I go out. I have NEVER been involved in a fight when out on town. But because others drink and use that as an excuse I am now labled a job via association cause I like a drink. Anyway getting side tracked. If there behaviour was what it is rumored to be then it is not acceptable. At a football match, in the town centre or anywhere else.

Have to add there have been some funny replies in this thread though. Some still have me chuckling.

Evidence must be presented to a magistrates court.

Stu you probably know a bit more of the behind the scenes going on, but from experience collaberated by the police or whoever prosecuting and what they actually push for and not an instant justice of a banning order.

Stu you probably know a bit more of the behind the scenes going on, but from experience collaberated by the police or whoever prosecuting and what they actually push for and not an instant justice of a banning order.

They are given either by the Magistraters court, in the case of a civil case, or the Crown court following a conviction of a public order offence.

They are given either by the Magistraters court, in the case of a civil case, or the Crown court following a conviction of a public order offence.

I still don't understand how this works if it all happened abroad. Or are we talking Leverkusen magistrates court?

I still don't understand how this works if it all happened abroad. Or are we talking Leverkusen magistrates court?

Ive got an inkling (and havnt got time to go googling) that the wording of some of the Football Spectators stuff is sufficiently vague that overseas events can give "cause to believe" or something along those lines.

As at least one of the posters on here was involved in the fighting, I should think they'd want it covered up.

I personally would like them put away for a very long time. It is worse than happens on a Saturday night because it reflects bdly on the club, and could still result in a ban. All because a bunch of neds got so drunk they decided to fight each other.

SCUM

i think we should just leave it to the police now, and see what happens, people our making comments on here that might not be true.

As for Jan calling these people SCUM, that doesn't meen anything to me because she thinks all rovers fans our SCUM

I was at the Bolton game on Sunday and i did not see one bit of trouble, yes the roof does leak Jan, but i think that might of been Abbey spitting on you and yes we did sing the Burnley songs (the fans who you call scum)

Think you might be pushing the realms a bit there Tris (ie the Liverpool fan in Bulgaria) , but now I see what you mean.

Don't quote me on this but probably along the same lines as what Stu is saying above re the 'cause to believe' but would suspect this would have to be passed over by the said court in the relevent country ie Germany if requested by the UK but don't know how the evidence would fit into the British Justice system or vice versa but possibly only if they wanted to ie the UK wouldn't extradite the person (s) to the other country for conviction.

Either way, as mentioned from experience ' I wouldn't trust anybody' the way people jump to conclusions.

i think we should just leave it to the police now, and see what happens, people our making comments on here that might not be true.

As for Jan calling these people SCUM, that doesn't meen anything to me because she thinks all rovers fans our SCUM

I was at the Bolton game on Sunday and i did not see one bit of trouble, yes the roof does leak Jan, but i think that might of been Abbey spitting on you and yes we did sing the Burnley songs (the fans who you call scum)

Has anyone SAID there was trouble at the Bolton game? Thought not.

Most Rovers fans are not scum. Drunken wallies fighting are. Spitting- oh your wit makes my sides split.

oh, and it's:

people ARE making comments;

meAn;

ARE scum; and

might HAVE been

Sorry Padiham, managed to completely miss your post about assumptions. I wasn't making assumptions.

I was saying if it was a scuffle, leave it.

I then said, if it was more serious report it.

I was saying what I would do in either situation. What led me to do this was that some witnesses on here have said that it was a group of lads attacking one victim.

Has anyone SAID there was trouble at the Bolton game? Thought not.

Most Rovers fans are not scum. Drunken wallies fighting are. Spitting- oh your wit makes my sides split.

oh, and it's:

people ARE making comments;

meAn;

ARE scum; and

might HAVE been

You have to learn on here that it gets pretty bitchy then eh?

I don't agree with the spitting comment, but I hate it when people try to correct other people's grammar, spelling and typos. It is purely done to demean the person and make you look big. There is a thing called dyslexia after all.

I don't agree with the spitting comment, but I hate it when people try to correct other people's grammar, spelling and typos. It is purely done to demean the person and make you look big. There is a thing called dyslexia after all.

Spelling mistake there I'm afraid Pugg. On here and around Blackburn dyslexia is spelt T H I C K. :rolleyes:

Archived