BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trouble In Germany

Six Rovers fans given banning orders

By Andrew Bellard

SIX Blackburn Rovers fans have been given football banning orders after fighting with each other at a European game in Germany. Fighting amongst themselves, idiots. Going all that way, spending all that money, getting arrested, and a record for what? Someone please tell me what positives there are in match day brawling, with or without an opposition.

Christopher Aspinall, 23, of Commercial Street, Stephen Earnshaw, 21, of Petre Crescent, and Douglas Raith, 42, of Talbot Street, all Rishton, were given two-year banning orders. Oliver Hickmott, 21, of New Wellington Close, Blackburn, Anthony McAllion, 49, of Worsthorn Avenue, Blackburn, and Adam Metcalf, 23, of Napier Street, Nelson, were each given three-year banning orders after the court was told they had previously had a two-year football ban imposed on them. None of them have excuses but the 2 older blokes need a serious looking at.

"It seems a common theme is drink". No shock here.

Imposing the orders District Judge Peter Ward said there should be zero tolerance of football related incidents.

He said: "The public should not have to put up with people behaving in this way.

"The majority of people who go to football matches go to enjoy the match and it is not fair that they should be put at risk because of the mindless, drink fuelled behaviour of a small minority.

"There is also the enormous cost of policing these events which would be greatly reduced if everybody behaved themselves.

"What you found to fall out about amongst yourselves I have no idea." Even the judge was bemused as to why they were fighting.

I don't subscribe to the wasting police time arguement. These folk deserve to be banned, it's a national plight that needs stamping out. Public birching won't do any good either.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To some, a banning order is a badge of honour, so it only serves to shove them higher up the heirarchy as far as their peers are concerned.

Look just how banning orders had absolutely no effect on fans travelling to Amsterdam for the Feyenoord match - ok, they didnt get to watch the match, but they certainly made their presence felt in Amsterdam.

Time for Lunar prisons methinks...

I don't subscribe to the wasting police time arguement. These folk deserve to be banned, it's a national plight that needs stamping out. Public birching won't do any good either.

So if nothing is going to do any good.......... The Final Solution maybe?

Compulsory 2yrs National Service in Afghanistan or Iraq for all foung guilty of any kind of violent crime. Let them take the risks if they like fighting. I guarantee that if they had it to do they would suddenly find that they weren't so fond of fighting after all, and we would soon find out how brave they really are.

Guest fernhurstblue

young lads ###### up have a scrap ..... what a shocker!!!! get a grip, it happens every weeknd in towns and cities up and down the country, do they get banned from pubs and clubs for 3 years, no - EASY TARGET WITH PLENTY OF MORAL 'DO-GOODERS' READY TO JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON.

5 months ago, my 93 year old next door neighbour was attacked in his home and badly hurt. He never recovered and died in hospital - it took the police a week to make it to his house because of their 'workload' - now I know why they were so busy.

Who was it who said "tough on crime , tough on the causes of crime" ?

Ever get the feeling you've been conned ? :angry:

young lads ###### up have a scrap ..... what a shocker!!!! get a grip, it happens every weeknd in towns and cities up and down the country, do they get banned from pubs and clubs for 3 years, no - EASY TARGET WITH PLENTY OF MORAL 'DO-GOODERS' READY TO JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON.

I take it that you wouldn't mind being the one to get a paggering by a few p1ss heads next match then?

I can't believe anyone has actually bothered to come on here to either

a) defend these idiots or

b ) complain about the investigation or

c ) try to minimise the severity of the incidents or

d) complain about the "severity" of the punishment. Three of them had already apparently previously been made the subject of banning orders FFS!

That sounds like a threat :blink:

Don't think it was meant as a threat, but fernhurstblue gave an impression that these things are so common and he was just trying to point out that he could fall victim to such violence one day. And any one of us could. Hence the need for some action against this.

Very pleased this lot have been dealt with.

Rovers have a great reputation for good behaviour in Europe- let's keep it that way.

It was very obvious from the threads at the time that a lot of people who had travelled were disgusted by the behaviour of these people and put off by them. Revidge's comments have got it absolutely right.

I have got a grip- this behaviour is totally unacceptable. People should not get drunk and fight in public.

Maybe thats why town centre is dead at night.

To quote from the Ewood Arms topic.

Jeez!!! I made the big mistake of going in town for a drink last night (a Friday).....NEVER again!

Unfortunately, my friend got two tickets to see some local (& crap) bands in the Winsor Suite, so i felt obliged to go into town. The Jubilee was dead apart from a few stripey-topped, trackybottoms in socks types busy trying to score some coke. The beer in the Winsor suite was served in plastic glasses, was flat & cost £5.30 for 2 pints. We left early & decided to have a walk up past the old policestation....(about 10pm-ish)

The Ribblesdale (or whatever it`s called now) was empty

FJ`s was empty

Blakeys was sparsley populated

The Grapes was closed

Moist was closed (good!)

O`neill`s had about 12 people in

Charles Napier had a few kids in

.....so we got a taxi & did one.

NEVER AGAIN SHALL I GO IN BLACKBURN TOWN CENTER FOR A NIGHT OUT!!!

(if anybody see`s me breaking this pledge, please feel free to ridicule me)

Doesn't happen over here, so there is no reason why it can't be stopped from happening over there.

Trust me it's a national epidemic! I'm not defending these lads - they sound like right tools. But I will say, drunk lads scrapping is not a football thing it's a British general concern. I go out a lot in Burnley and you must see at least 10 fights a night and I'm not talking pushing each other I'm talking humans stamping on other humans' heads. Everywhere I've been for a night out it's happened whether it be Leeds, Cardiff, Manchester, York etc.

There is a frightening number of people that see having a scrap as just an expected chapter of a day/night out.

Can someone answer me this question:

If one/couple of your mates get punched/attacked, do you just approach the people who did it and say "please stop punching my mate"

or do you try and help them?

This is what tends to happen in most fights, unless it is pre-arranged.

What happened in Germany wasnt pre-arranged, there was a disagreement of some kind that escalated to groups of men punching each other.

It happens every day.

Beacuse this happened inside a football ground it became football related and those involved have had to pay the penalty for this.

Guest fernhurstblue
Isn't that what each thread is for?

To give the option of posting an opinion.

have an opinion on here that doesn't concur with the majority!?!?!?!?!?!? ...... behave yourself, the brfcs mafia will be after you ;)

the blackburn police should try policing whalley range/earl st at night between 8-midnight...weve had the mispleasure of working on the road and the people around there driving are dangerous and drive like absolute loooons .we had signs out and cones but they drive thru red lights,drive at stupid dangerous mph,park on double yellow lines for the shops,have illegal number plates and about 75%ish drive with their mobiles...do you see police no...ooops about midnight they drive round when everyones gone....and no i didnt ring up and report anyone i was too busy trying to work and doge loons.....

also blackburn car par ...dont dare walk anywhere on their its full of all sorts of boy racers racing round the car parkits liek fast and furious..

the blackburn police should try policing whalley range/earl st at night between 8-midnight...weve had the mispleasure of working on the road and the people around there driving are dangerous and drive like absolute loooons .we had signs out and cones but they drive thru red lights,drive at stupid dangerous mph,park on double yellow lines for the shops,have illegal number plates and about 75%ish drive with their mobiles...do you see police no...ooops about midnight they drive round when everyones gone....and no i didnt ring up and report anyone i was too busy trying to work and doge loons.....

also blackburn car par ...dont dare walk anywhere on their its full of all sorts of boy racers racing round the car parkits liek fast and furious..

They cant do that, they would be accussed of being racist!

Can someone answer me this question:

What happened in Germany wasnt pre-arranged, there was a disagreement of some kind that escalated to groups of men punching each other.

Men?????

They were nothing more than grown up 8yr olds. Men dont gang up on one person and then punch from the side as his buddy sticks one on the lad, that is the action of a coward, which this lot nicely fit into the bracket.

Men?????

They were nothing more than grown up 8yr olds. Men dont gang up on one person and then punch from the side as his buddy sticks one on the lad, that is the action of a coward, which this lot nicely fit into the bracket.

Which might be OK if they punched like 8 year olds!

Slum dwelling tossers from an underclass who glorify ignorance and boorishness cos they have never even tried to climb to a higher rung in society.

Guest fernhurstblue
Which might be OK if they punched like 8 year olds!

Slum dwelling tossers from an underclass who glorify ignorance and boorishness cos they have never even tried to climb to a higher rung in society.

don't be such a knob ..... do you know any of these people, probably not, but you asume you know there social circumstance when in reality you probably know sod all about them

Archived