BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trouble In Germany

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It says on the Telegraph website police are investigating the fighting in Leverkeusen.

I hope those who posted on here saying that they took pictures of those responsible will do the right thing.

:rover: rip them up :brfc:

If it doesn't concern you why get involved ?? If you see a fight in the street do you go round taking pictures. As someone said previously, try following United in europe or anywhere for that matter. It happens, we are a football club not a chess club.

Why are the police wasting time and money investigating this : "a small number of Blackburn Rovers supporters became involved in what is believed to be a fight"

Has there been a complaint?

What our police should say is that it's not our problem as it was on foreign soil.

Tell the German police to do their own bloody work

Glad they are doing something!

If it doesn't concern you why get involved ?? If you see a fight in the street do you go round taking pictures. As someone said previously, try following United in europe or anywhere for that matter. It happens, we are a football club not a chess club.

I have taken pictures of people fighting and then given them to the police before. In fact I did it in Germany with a fight i witnessed during the festival. The guy hid after the fight when the police came, i showed them the picture they used it to ID him in the crowd. I went to a net cafe close by to burn the picture onto CD for them after. The guy hospitalised someone and I he gets prosecuted. The police said I might have to provide a written statement but no apperence would be needed. This wasnt really a fight, more like an assault, lots of boots put in once the other guy was on the floor. Wouldnt have done it if it was just a couple of punches.

What's wrong with people being brought to justice? There is no reason why we should accept fighting as a natural occurance in football and simply write it off as being no big deal. These people were idiots and deserve to be caught, it is good to see that it is being taken seriously.

If certain posters expect all the other Rovers fans to accept boorish drunken racist violent behaviour as part of the fun of going to football matches, they can also expect that other fans enjoy the fun of grassing them up.

Wonder how much of the tax payer’s money they'll waste this time? I don't condone what happened but it was nothing worse than what happens in town on a Saturday night.

The Blackburn football unit do absolutely nothing on a match day because simply they've nothing to police. The lads they banned have drifted away, although a few still go to watch the football only. Wonder what they were doing earlier in the season when Utd smashed up the darwen end, probably policing 5 or so retired 40 somethings.........

Disgraceful.

If certain posters expect all the other Rovers fans to accept boorish drunken racist violent behaviour as part of the fun of going to football matches, they can also expect that other fans enjoy the fun of grassing them up.

What about those German fans with racist remarks printed on them regarding certain obscenities towards the English. Surely they should be prosecuted also? Why are the Lancs Police not investigating this, I would go as far to as say that a scuffle between some drunken Morons is less serious than outright written racism,

Wonder how much of the tax payer’s money they'll waste this time? I don't condone what happened but it was nothing worse than what happens in town on a Saturday night.

The Blackburn football unit do absolutely nothing on a match day because simply they've nothing to police. The lads they banned have drifted away, although a few still go to watch the football only. Wonder what they were doing earlier in the season when Utd smashed up the darwen end, probably policing 5 or so retired 40 somethings.........

Disgraceful.

Completely agree!

And its for these reasons the Blackburn police unit have chosen to investigate the Leverkusen incident in order to justify their existence. They have nothing else to do. Cushiest job in the world getting all expenses paid trip to go Salzberg, Leverkusen, London or wherever rovers are playing to 'watch' a few lads drink in the pubs before matches. Resources would be better directed into tackling actual crime.

I dont condone the violence in Leverkusen and its not something i get involved in. At the same time I cant condone those who videoed it, and those who give names to the police, and enjoy and are proud of that. In my opinion, thats just as pathetic.

It was an isolated incident, nobody sustained any real injuries and it will probably never happen again. Thus it should have been swept under the carpet.

What about those German fans with racist remarks printed on them regarding certain obscenities towards the English. Surely they should be prosecuted also? Why are the Lancs Police not investigating this, I would go as far to as say that a scuffle between some drunken Morons is less serious than outright written racism,

I don't think indirect racism is less serious than direct racism.

I didn't see anything, but if it was just a scuffle then I think it has been blown out of proportion. If it was something more sinister, and people got injured then I think it should be investigated, Rovers fans or not. I'm not saying other incidents shouldn't have been investigated, like the German written racism but comparing the two, and saying which is more serious gets us no where.

I'm amazed at the amount of Racism, homophobia etc, still present at football matches, just look at the West Ham thing against Spurs. I think it's because a lot of people turn a blind eye to it. So If I took a picture and I thought it was just a scuffle, i'd leave it, but if I thought someone needed to be caught for what they did i'd show the police.

Disgraceful.

NOT HALF AS MUCH AS THIS BLOODY GOVERNMENT WASTES !

Since when did two wrongs make a right Bazza? Anyway I didn't see anything racist on those scarves just some 4 letter insults which mean as much to me as diddley squat. And I just do not understand your final sentence ... a good physical paggering is far worse and frequently far more damaging. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me". needs to be taken on board far more imo.

Anyway if the numpty's get busted by plod and then banned by the club then maybe others will be influenced by it into behaving better and less boorishly when on away days. And that will be one mighty big improvement.

As at least one of the posters on here was involved in the fighting, I should think they'd want it covered up.

I personally would like them put away for a very long time. It is worse than happens on a Saturday night because it reflects bdly on the club, and could still result in a ban. All because a bunch of neds got so drunk they decided to fight each other.

SCUM

The German fans are somebody else's problem.

It would appear the ones scrapping in the Rovers section in Leverkusen are now the Blackburn police's problem and hopefully not going to be a problem for 90+% of the Rovers' travelling supporters for much longer.

I wasn't in Leverkusen so can't comment on the actual incident, but what would worry me particularly is that imbeciles fighting in the ground are only likely to create problems for the law abiding majority of Rovers fans in the future. I'm damned if I'm going to put with thugs stoppoing me watching Rovers so If I'd been there and thought it serious enough I would have photographed them and be on my way to the police station now.

As at least one of the posters on here was involved in the fighting, I should think they'd want it covered up.

I personally would like them put away for a very long time. It is worse than happens on a Saturday night because it reflects bdly on the club, and could still result in a ban. All because a bunch of neds got so drunk they decided to fight each other.

SCUM

spot on. just glad the tv did not show this

SCUM

What a joke.

Put them away for a long time? Great idea - especially as our prisons are empty and doing nothing.

A hand full of lads - drunk - fighting. Yes it was an embarrassment, but that was all. I didnt get punched and neither did anyone I was with. All the people involved wanted to be involved, and it had nothing to do with Rovers.

As for the Lancs Police getting involved - another joke. Great use of Police time. Obviously we have run out of real crimes that need solving over here then eh?

Anyone even thinking they are taking the moral high ground by sending images of the fighting to the Police should be ashamed. Why would you? Maybe they have seen too much Judge Judy for their own good <_<

Archived