BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rio, Ooh Ooh Ooh!

Despondant after today's crap result and performance, my heart was raised a bit by watching Man Ure slip up in their race for the title, not least by Rio Ferdinand passing the ball into his own net at no more than 6mph. Remember last season at ewood when he seemed to be confused which team he was playing for? maybe lightning does strick twice...

oh and Lualua had a deft touch to pull the ball back to kranjcar from the byline that has a good chance of being on soccer am. swwwwweeeeeet

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferdinand could be a really top player but because he's an absolute tosser (possibly England's biggest, which is saying something) he's never got anywhere near what he could be. Vidic is miles better, as are Carvalho, Terry, Woodgate, Carragher, Agger, Toure and Gallas.

Come to think of it, which England player is the biggest tit of them all would people say?

Second that. Beckham is worth the rest of the sorry bunch put together. Only other one I have a smidgeon of respect for is Gerrard.

Rio is definitely the biggest *** of them all but the others aren't far behind in my opinion. Far more interested in themselves than playing to their best for England :angry:

That wasn't his fault, it was poor keeping. There was no reason for him to run out to try and claim a ball that Ferdinand was obviously going to be able to easily deal with. Had the keeper not moved then it would have been a good backpass straight to his feet.

That wasn't his fault, it was poor keeping. There was no reason for him to run out to try and claim a ball that Ferdinand was obviously going to be able to easily deal with. Had the keeper not moved then it would have been a good backpass straight to his feet.

I was just about to post the same thing Eddie. Another thing that I couldnt understand was the ball was rolling slowly towards the goal and Van Der Saar just stood there with his mouth open. If he had turned on his heals when it was PASSED he may have just been able to clear it out.

Apart from one cracking save Van der Saar looked like a rabbit caught in headlights from beggining to end of the match. I think the pressure is getting to him big time.

Eredivisie: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998

KNVB Cup: 1993, 1998, 1999

English League Cup: 2006

UEFA Intertoto Cup: 2002

UEFA Champions League: 1995

European Super Cup: 1995

Intercontinental Cup: 1995

199 Appearances for the Netherlands and also captain at a World Cup

He always looks like a rabbit, I think his nickname is white rabbit (although he is Dutch so that could be for other reasons)

If it wasn't for him and Cristina this year I would have the Mancs fighting for second place

Conversely, Chelski are struggling, 1-0 down at half time against Valencia.

Don't know if that's good or bad news from our point of view. They're not exactly in scintillating form, but we don't really want the FA Cup to become a much greater priority for them.

Could this be the greatest performance by a British side in Europe? I have certainly not seen better.

To be honest Roma appeared to almost give up the goose after the first goal

Liverpool's comeback in Turkey was still better and Celtic in '67

Archived