BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Fined £5.5m

I'm still surprised that other PL clubs didn't get involved and back Shef Utd up on this, because at the end of the day WHAM spending all this money and challenging for Europe is a threat to the clubs outside the big 4.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't FIFA supposed to be getting involved anyway? :huh:

FIFE - as for the boycotting do you mean every single game? ( I think people have already started a couple of seasons ago :lol: ) Except for Sheff Utd, is there evidence to suggest any other club fans appear to be bothered as we are on here about it?

No; what I meant was that if the home fans of each club in turn as they "entertain" West Ham choose to find something else to do on that occasion, and the match was played in front of an empty stadium (other than the travelling West Ham fans), how long would it take for the "penny to drop" in high places? My guess is one or two weeks only. Probably would not even effect the Rovers at all.

No; what I meant was that if the home fans of each club in turn as they "entertain" West Ham choose to find something else to do on that occasion, and the match was played in front of an empty stadium (other than the travelling West Ham fans), how long would it take for the "penny to drop" in high places? My guess is one or two weeks only. Probably would not even effect the Rovers at all.

that would be a grand thing to do....but it wouldnt be good that any of the clubs in the division lose gate money because of the whamkers........no, i think an away boycott may be the way forward........if every club was in on it.......it might just work.....getting evyr club in on it is another matter entirely.......

no, i think an away boycott may be the way forward........if every club was in on it.......it might just work.....getting evyr club in on it is another matter entirely.......

And that is the be all situation really.... and could anybody get Jordan not to attend?? :lol:

I think 25,000+ A4 sized red cards and loud booing of the premier league "anthem" followed by a swift rendition of "your not fit to be in the league" at all the grounds hosting West ham would do the trick.

That way no-one misses a match and Rovers don't suffer. Not that we will. The apathy surrounding this by the media, fans and in my opinion most disgustingly of all the premier league chairmen has been amazing.

10 years this was inconceivable. West Ham lied, are still lying, everybody knows it and for some unexplainable reason the premier league are turning a blind eye or when they have to act watering down the punishments. What next dodgey refs? oh I forgot Mr. Devine.

The Daily Mail seem to think that Tevez had his medical with Man U yesterday.

Thus far, the football authorities have dealt with the West Ham situation using delay and the flux of timeagainst football's inexorable timetable. Now it has gone to FIFA it has landed on the desks of a team which was already broken by its work load.

No surprise then that Joorabchian has worked out that if he is going to see his millions from the Mancs, he is going to have to sing for his supper.

Joorabchian's statement says that Tevez could have walked away from West Ham at any time at the end of last season- presumably after West Ham terminated their agreements. It is a short step to saying MSI could have told Tevez to have walked away.

So now we have West Ham's most valuable single asset untransferable for weeks if not months. Surely they must recall him for pre-season training to make sure "their" asset does not degrade in value? Isn't that the normal thing to do?

As for fans showing their displeasure against West Ham, surely there's got to be a football anthem all fans can sing? Remember "We hate Nottingham Forest...?"

Joorabchain has said today:

"Over the last six months West Ham have made repeated promises and assurances which they have not acted upon or performed. It is now time for these inconsistencies to be brought to an end.

"We see no alternative but to bring the true circumstances to the attention if a higher authority to aid a rapid conclusion to this issue."

Its obvious this means that WHam have not told the truth to the FAPL, hence escaping a points deduction. Do you think the FAPL would have to re-try WH if they found they had lied to get off??

Its obvious this means that WHam have not told the truth to the FAPL, hence escaping a points deduction. Do you think the FAPL would have to re-try WH if they found they had lied to get off??

Re-try em OJ? If this statement can be proven with authenticated documentation then they should relegate em and make impose a 20 point deduction into the bargain. At least two seasons down in the championship should be in order for trying to lie and deceive their way out of the original charge. And a strong lesson to all.

"We as a company have patiently kept away from the issues including West Ham in order to give the club the opportunity to resolve the matter in a legal and agreeable way acceptable to all parties.

"West Ham have consistently provided private assurances while at the same time making contrary statements to the public at large. We can no longer allow these inconsistencies to continue unaddressed.

"We wish to make clear that at all times it has been our intention to find an amicable solution and Carlos Tevez has, at no time, acted improperly in relation to his move to Manchester United Football Club as he was given permission via his representatives to talk to other clubs to reach an amicable agreement."

Hope springs eternal for WBA. :)

This whole thing is turning into a farce and one would imagine a club as savvy as Merchandise United would steer well clear of this Joorabchian chap-clearly a schiester of the highest order. I'm not quite sure how West Ham can be deemed to own any part of Tevez other than his registration if they never paid for him (or indeed Mascherano) in the first place. Two of the best South American players around do not simply roll up at West Ham for nothing, with all their contractual and economic rights being handed over on a silver platter. Joorabchian is clearly the person with the most vested interest in Tevez, and United cannot deal with him so the transfer can only stall in my eyes.

Where does Mascherano sit in all this then?

How could the loan from West Ham to Liverpool be legal?

I think that Lpool were open and above board by asking the authorities for guidance every step of the way. WHU on the other hand sought to muddy the already very murky water in order to deceive from the start.

I still cannot understand the very significant influence which they must hold over the prem League? They really must have somebody importants balls in a vice. <_<

the more i think about it......what the f***........i reeeeealy hope the whamkers go down.............i wonder if the other players in the prem will be bothered by all this......they'll probably just be 'professional' and treat the WHAM game like any other.....but imagine if all the players got hyped up and each team treated it like a cup final to send em down.............somebody slap me a bucket of fresh salmon water and wake me up....... :rolleyes:

This whole thing is turning into a farce and one would imagine a club as savvy as Merchandise United would steer well clear of this Joorabchian chap-clearly a schiester of the highest order. I'm not quite sure how West Ham can be deemed to own any part of Tevez other than his registration if they never paid for him (or indeed Mascherano) in the first place. Two of the best South American players around do not simply roll up at West Ham for nothing, with all their contractual and economic rights being handed over on a silver platter. Joorabchian is clearly the person with the most vested interest in Tevez, and United cannot deal with him so the transfer can only stall in my eyes.

Not turning Rovermatt - has been from the start.

As for ManU - somebody is not going to tell me that arguably the biggest club in the World, don't have a fine set of legal advisors (who have spotted an excellent purchase to be made at a bargain price )- they must know something here otherwise they wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole. Don't quote me but I do believe they consulted Liverpool re the purchase of Mascherano who was effectively under the same terms as Tevez.

Exactly Captain. Man U know exactly what they are doing and West Ham's nether regions are locked in a vice controlled by Maurice Watkins and Kia Joorabchian.

At some point the FAPL are going to have to cut loose from the WHammers. They have prepared the ground by issuing the threat of more disciplinary.

FAPL are facing one or more of:

- All out legal battle with Man U and Joorabchian in the same corner able to call on Rick Parry as expert witness

- any FIFA decision will establish a precedent of FIFA ascendancy over the FAPL

- Their own regulations being adjudged to be utterly useless thereby letting WHam off the hook but bring their authority crashing to less than zero

- FIFA doing what the FAPL should have done all along and properly dealing with West Ham

- Sheff U popping up with a bill for £50m and Wigan and Fulham for £500K each plus costs

- a broad appeal for West Ham and Sheff U to swap places

- West Ham going into new disciplinary for next season with everybody unhappy it cannot retrospectively correct 2006/7.

At this point, not looking good for Scudamore who has bungled this as spectacularly as he handled the TV rights deal brilliantly.

There will some seriously red faces at the FAPL when FIFA roll into town and ask them - so WHAT did West Ham tell you? and you BELIEVED IT!!!!

I would go one further than that, I would say that the Premier League are actually complicit to what has been going on. Because West Ham are southern based media darlings, big London club factor and no doubt West Ham have much more influence within the FA/Premier league than the likes of Sheffield United. The Premier League has thought ( probably with constant whispering in their ear) that if west Ham go down its not good for business especially with the 2012 Olympics coming round and the amount of media coverage that West Ham get

Football is aswash with corruption and the Premier League is no different, thats why the big clubs stay big and the monopoly within the premiership will never be broken until we eradicate our game of corruption from agents - to match day officials to the the FA and Premier leage

I would go one further than that, I would say that the Premier League are actually complicit to what has been going on. Because West Ham are southern based media darlings, big London club factor and no doubt West Ham have much more influence within the FA/Premier league than the likes of Sheffield United. The Premier League has thought ( probably with constant whispering in their ear) that if west Ham go down its not good for business especially with the 2012 Olympics coming round and the amount of media coverage that West Ham get

Football is aswash with corruption and the Premier League is no different, thats why the big clubs stay big and the monopoly within the premiership will never be broken until we eradicate our game of corruption from agents - to match day officials to the the FA and Premier leage

You are SO right Bazza, and you are far from being alone in this line of thinking. Don't want to reiterate all that many others on here have said, but it has been an item of cotroversy for a considerable time. In my own case over 40 years!

The big problem is: What can we or anyone do about it? It has to be down to the paying public to find the ultimate solution and that can only be to stop paying into the coffers of these crooks until a solution is found and implemented.

Plus it doesn't help (although in WHam's case I'm sure it definitely does) that ol Trev Brooking is in the upper echelons of the FA, not exactly going to say a bad word about the cockney crooks now is he?! :angry:

. . . allegedly

as far a i can see this is going one way- joorabchian will be forced to make a legal challenge to the rescinding of his contractual rights to tevez west ham, very probably this will be found in his favour, tevez move to man u, and west ham should then get rightly shafted

I can agree with Bazza's comments about West Ham being media darlings and thus having the favour of the FA when it comes to decisions like this, but what exactly constitutes a 'big club'.

Is it money? because although they have it now, that wasn't always the case.

Certainly West Ham think they are bigger than they are (much like Tottenham what-have-you-won-lately? Hotspur) but are they a big club? Personally I think not.

Maybe the 'to do' with Sheffield United will have them as the team everyone loves to hate.

I know I do! ;)

Perverse as all this is; The fact Tevez can't move without West Ham's permission demonstrates that Joorabchian doesn't have undue influence over West Ham (thanks to the premier leagues intervention)!!!!

But the double standards are disgusting. Most blatant tapping up ever has to be acknowledged if premier league are to continue this pretence. Not mention the different stance on the Mascherano transfer.

To me the premier league are the only inconsistent party in this, the double standards are what annoy me most, apart from the fact our league is now controlled by an organisation with zero credibility.

Can they really ever dock points again, particularly if it’s a transfer irregularity?

Perverse as all this is; The fact Tevez can't move without West Ham's permission demonstrates that Joorabchian doesn't have undue influence over West Ham (thanks to the premier leagues intervention)!!!!

(snip)

As I understand it:

Tevez can't move because the PL won't let him sign with another PL club and WHU won't give up his registration, which they apparently own. The controversy is over a clause in the agreement between WHU and Joorbachian that said that Joorbachian could sell him without WHU's permission (and WHU would get £2m). This is illegal under FA rules.

This will go to FIFA arbitration, and if he loses there, Joorbachian will take them to court, and he will win because he never agreed, and his lawyers never agreed, to the termination of that clause in the contract. And because WHU have breached the contract they're likely to get sued by Joorbachian for any and all costs associated with the case.

They're muppets, surely they could've swept this under the carpet if they'd really wanted to. Launder the money through WHU accounts and who'd have been the wiser? The insistence on trying to keep Tevez when he's clearly gone is likely to get them shafted here

Archived