BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hotspot and Lancs to win the Championship?

Didn't know where to put this, but the new cricket technology "hotspot" is absolutely fantastic. From a camera maybe 60/70 yards away, the heat generated from the merest inside edge, can be seen clearly.

Astonishing.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw one hotspot replay and didn't understand what it was about, as I caught the last second of it. Then I saw it used for a 4 from Bell, and found it very interesting. I guess it is the same sort of camera used on helicopters when chasing criminals at night.

Article on Hotspot

The kit was picked up from Paris in time for the first Test and has already been crucial in a number of replays. It uses two infra-red cameras positioned above the field of play which sense and measure heat from friction generated by a collision

hot-spot.jpg

Started out on Channel 9 in the ashes but now is being used by alot of channels around the world. It is very useful for improving batting techniques and for seeing if the ball did just take that edge. After Hawkeye you wandered where they could make cricket any better and this is it.

Article on Hotspot

hot-spot.jpg

Started out on Channel 9 in the ashes but now is being used by alot of channels around the world. It is very useful for improving batting techniques and for seeing if the ball did just take that edge. After Hawkeye you wandered where they could make cricket any better and this is it.

dint realise there was anything good about cricket :ph34r:

It certainly is interesting and useful for thin edges and bat pads, but they aren't half over-using it at the minute. I think tv coverage will soon turn into an entire day of slow-motion highlights and heat cameras.

It certainly is interesting and useful for thin edges and bat pads, but they aren't half over-using it at the minute. I think tv coverage will soon turn into an entire day of slow-motion highlights and heat cameras.

I was thinking that when they showed a hi-motion (or whatever it's called) fist bump between KP and Cook. Waste of resources.

I was thinking that when they showed a hi-motion (or whatever it's called) fist bump between KP and Cook. Waste of resources.

Super-slo-mo with the Gregorian chanting of a standard catch being taken at slip, can't beat it.....well unless they bring back the weather wall and player comfort meter

• 3 months later...

Not Anderson's greatest game it is true but he's getting better all the time in general for England . Still very young .

Maybe if Peterson and Panesar hadn't made a couple of costly bungles in the field we'd have got home .

Very impressed with the numbers who have made the journey over from the sub continent .

very very very harsh on Anderson there, all his balls were full yorker length and with a bit of luck going his way and not the batsmen, would have restricted them and allowed England to win.

A fantastically great game of cricket and I hope it rains on saturday as a drawn series would do both teams justice.

That ball that bounced on KP is one of those things, it was covered then it bobbled, not a lot you can do about that. Monty's catch made up for the loss of the extra run.

Me I'd bowl broad and Collingwood at teh death, but Im not an international cricket captain so what would I know? Also I'm sure that what Dimitri did to the dibbly dobblers (a technical term) at the end of the English innings is why he went back to pace.

We missed Flintoff terribly, he might not always get wickets, but he rarely gets hit for more than 4 an over. But then with him in the side we wouldnt have reached 260 let alone 316.

I wouldnt change the side for Saturday and lets see what happens, the Oval is a bowlers graveyard and Lords always gives better support for those bowlers who are quick and accurate.

Phil, not only from the Sub continent, but from America, South Africa, Europe and blighty. not bad at all. I wish I could afford to go to London matches too.

Still if you moved to Manchester or went abroad I'd expect you'ld follow your adopted countries national side and what ever the local team was?

very very very harsh on Anderson there, all his balls were full yorker length and with a bit of luck going his way and not the batsmen, would have restricted them and allowed England to win.

No if you watch it, his first over when he came back was great and all the right length. Once Uttapa came down the pitch a few times he lost his control and started to panic and bowled shorter. On his final over he simlpy tried to bowl too fast and lost all control as a result as he'd gone for too many previous over.

As for the point about Colly i said the same he was bowling well and mixing his pace. I could understand the reason for going with Anderson but after his 2nd over back Colly should have backed himself for the 2nd last over.

It's not harsh to have high standards and expect them, the team should be pleased with the progress they have made but furious they have lost that one.

Apart from Broad and Anderson who've done very well this series.

Or does Broad's figures of just over 4 an over yesterday not good enough for you?

People are getting very worked up over a game that England should never have been close to winning. Let alone nearly defend a score over 316.

It bodes very well for the future, which is looking more and more likely to be Fredless.

And Hoggard is rubbish at ODI's, too predictable and too hittable

Still if you moved to Manchester or went abroad I'd expect you'ld follow your adopted countries national side and what ever the local team was?

If my name was Monty Panesar then yes I probably would .....

If he can support England why can't the great unwashed who only managed to take up valuable tickets that real English home supporters should have had ?

Archived