BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni, Mgp Or Bentley

assume worst case scenario and we sell benni or MGP or bentley - which loss would have have the greatest effect on the team?

couldn't decide myself, not sure who is the most replaceable... lets hope we don't have to :brfc:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
assume worst case scenario and we sell benni or MGP or bentley - which loss would have have the greatest effect on the team?

couldn't decide myself, not sure who is the most replaceable... lets hope we don't have to :brfc:

Benni because of his goals and Bentley for his potential (and he's pretty). MGP because I'd have no-one to swear at for being a girly woose of a boy-band member.

Mgp for me as I reckon his fee would finance a cheeky bid that might just bring back Duffer from Geordie land. Wouldn't be to happy if Gamst went to Spuds though as that would send out the wrong signal to potential signings. Any departures of our top performers should be to big clubs only.

None of above.

Samba.

Plus we wouldn't get anywhere near as big a fee as for the other 3 you mentioned due to his newness.

Losing any of our better players no matter what the reason sends out the wrong signals but that really would be a disaster all round.

Wouldn't be to happy if Gamst went to Spuds though as that would send out the wrong signal to potential signings. Any departures of our top performers should be to big clubs only.

Although not mega big, Spurs undoubtedly enjoy big club status.

This season we would have missed not having McCarthy the most. However, in the long term, I think that Bentley would be the biggest loss. Although McCarthy has been excellent this season, I think he could be replaced - Bellamy would be an excellent option. However, right midfielders of Bentley's quality and age are so hard to come by and I would be pretty distraught if we were to lose him. Likewise, I think MGP would also be a bigger loss in the long run for similar reasons.

So, for me, in order of biggest loss, it would go: Bentley, MGP, McCarthy.

• Backroom

Being as though Benni's goals have come as the result of the work put in by the other two (Bents and MGP) , the loss of any one of the three would be a big blow

Best thread for ages!

I'd have to say Benni because he's a nailed on 20 goal a season player which we would find hard to replace. Bentley and MGP give us great balance and would also be sorely missed and difficult to replace. All this talk of Duffer is nice, but lets face it, he's not done it for a couple of years now and looks like he's become very injury prone.

If any of them did leave, then Hughes will replace them with quality as he seems to have the knack. Look at some of the nodody's he's brought in and turned into top performers - Bentley, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock and you could even say what he's done with Emerton and the Axe is pretty amazing!

It's not the end of the world if any of our top players leave, it's how you replace them that counts!

Even though I voted for Bentley as player of the year, I would say he is easily the most dispensable of the three. MGP gets 10 goals a season from midfield, whilst Benni is a 20 goal a season striker and they are as rare as hen's teeth.

It goes without saying that we should do all we can to keep hold of the lot of them!

Although not mega big, Spurs undoubtedly enjoy big club status.

True, but when our top men start leaving for teams such as Spurs it becomes an admittance that we are never going to be a regular top 6 team. Not exactly confidence inspiring for potential signings or wayward fans!

Um, a bit contraversial, but I would have to say bentley is easily the most replaceable. We could actually sell him and immediately slot in reid or Dunn on the right and not be too massively incapacitated. Bents is a great crosser of the ball and would be a big loss but ultimately the Premiership is chock full of good right sided midfielders (a galnce over the candidates for the England team show that).

Decent left sided players are very very rare, and while MGP is not outstanding he is very very good. He also forms part of a very tight defensive unit in the midfield, more so than Bentley, and if we lost him to be replaced by a more lightweight winger we could be in trouble in our tactics.

McCarthy is clearly a born goalscorer. But I still would say someone like Bellamy is marginally better so if we could realistically get the weasel in then that would overall improve the team.

ALl that said- MGP hardest to replace, then Benni, then Bentley.

Very interesting if you consider that MGP certainly has the least raw natural talent out of those three. So his dad training his left foot, and his own impressive workrate and dedication, have turned him into a highly valuable player.

If you have kids, teach them to be leftys!

Bentley has the dribbles and crosses, MGP has the set-pieces and crosses, Benni has the goals. These three are vital. I can't miss MGP for the simple reason I adore him, I'm absolutely in love with him. Bentley won't go, I'm pretty sure about that, so that leaves Benni...and I think he'll leave anyways. We should get Bent from Charlton back from him. Strikers seem to do a good job under Sparky, so I have full faith in whichever striker we'll get to replace Big Benni.

Mgp for me as I reckon his fee would finance a cheeky bid that might just bring back Duffer from Geordie land. Wouldn't be to happy if Gamst went to Spuds though as that would send out the wrong signal to potential signings. Any departures of our top performers should be to big clubs only.

No thanks he arrogant, lost his pace, lost his desire and is injured. God people are nostalgic on here well be calling for shearer to come out of retirement soon. Duff ist a tenth of the player he was at rovers & I don’t understand why there is this incessant clamour to have him back , he struggled to get in Newcastle’s 1st xi last season.

Archived