BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Night At The Racecourse

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The front view is great, but the back view is absolute garbage! Doesn't even look like a Rovers shirt. :ph34r:

But its already been stated that this is only the european shirt and not the Prem one

As a few people have said, the shirt they played in last night was the European shirt, and UEFA regs dictate that size of the white panel on the back. The front logo of bet 24 was also smaller than it will be on the Prem shirts as the rules are different for European competitions.

As for the players last night, McCarthy was clearly just avoiding being kicked. He spent a lot of time going where the ball wasn't as he has no interest in getting lumps knocked out of him by some Wrexham trialist. Very sensible in my view.

Samba looked good. Very solid and very comfortable with the ball at his feet. Happy to take responsibility and deliver it from the back. He actually looked even bigger and stronger than last season. He and Nelson look nailed on to be the starting pairing.

Bentley and MGP both looked fit and lively. Roberts looked in very good form. Big, strong, but with a lovely touch to compliment it. He may well turn out to be our

As for Rigters, he showed a couple of flashes of excellence. I think he will be a very good signing. He offers us something different as he is more of a Bellamy/Owen type - plays off the last defender and is always looking to nip in behind. He will be a problem, especially with a big lump like Robert next to him and Tugay threading balls through.

Nothing really to report on the rest of the team. Only one shocker and that was Dunn. Utterly hopeless. I don't think he completed a pass all night. Henchoz appears to be even slower than he was last season, and that takes some doing without standing still. Ooijer is definitely our cover at centre half.

thanks for the reassurance

though it does sound like European (UEFA) bureaucracy gone mad!

It has been like that for a couple of seasons I think. It is the reason why we had a white square stuck on the back of our shirts last season

You do know there's an "Edit" button, right?

And everything you asked has already been answered in this thread. Rovers played in the Euro version of our new shirt, which will, surprise surprise, be used in European competition. The normal version is blue and white halves both front and back. As for the "why", that I don't know. Which I guess means that everything you asked hadn't already been answered, only most of it.

But its already been stated that this is only the european shirt and not the Prem one

The post I was replying to was the one from Saf timed at 08.09 today; that being as far as I had managed to read at the time I replied with my post you are quoting which was sent at 10.14 today. Mum's post that you are obviously referring to had been posted by then, but I had not read that far. Don't be so quick to make assumptions.

Archived