• Warnock
    • Bentley
    • Savage
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz
    • Derbyshire
    • Ooijer

A well deserved point. Tremendous effort put in from all concerned.

Great second half from Dunny, Roque didn't let his head go down despite a lack of service and kept plugging away. Good to see Brett back, certainly a better option than Ooijer at the moment. Samba his mighty self.

Bit concerned about MGP's form at the moment.

As for the ref, he is appaling, didn't think anything could be worse until I saw Rob Stiles at Anfield.

The incident where Lehman carried the ball over the line would have been given a foul I think, but as the ball went out of play (over the goal-line) and no free-kick was given maybe it should have been a goal. Who knows with this guy reffing.

Our corners were still as bad as ever....

Great atmosphere today, keep it up.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know he got sent off but I'd still like to vote for Nelsen, but he's not listed. No argument with his second card but the first one was pretty innocuous, certainly in comparison to some other fouls in the match.

Ohh, sorry, I put Ooijer instead of Nelsen. I'll try and change it.

Back in deepest dark Leyland, tea fully scoffed and a can to hand.

What an opening home match of the season ! A cracking day, a great team effort and a bloody well earned point. the 1-1 scoreline does Rovers justice as a top 6 side in the league.

Arsene Wnger may cry foul but what we have at Blackburn is a will to win, a never say die attitude and a team ethic that is unique, there is NO other team that has the will to win like Rovers.

Complements to the Ewood Park crowd, it was a great atmosphere and when Mr Dunn got his luck, his strike from 25 yards simply was too hot to handle from another of the frenchies euro army. Jens Lehman is a clown, I will leave it at that.

1 point today is a great effort with 11 men never mind 10. I am certain that it was the spirit at Ewood that saw us take a point from Arsenal, as in football terms they are clearly still a fluent footballing side that oozes some real class.

I am not going to pick ratings as for me the whole team worked hard for each other. I will stay with David Dunn as the man of the Match, he ran and ran and his tackles were simply the sign that he is back to fitness. I will mention Warnock though. For any doubters about his ability, watch his tackle on Flamini just as he was about to score at the end. World Class and typified everything about BRFC.

And, now for the moan. Listening to 5 live on the way back we heard the radiomen mention how poor Rob Styles was in his decision making and in particular in giving the softest penalty ever seen in the PL since Ashby astounded Ewood by giving manure one and sending Berg off for a fantastic tackle. Let me just put one fat by Wylie amongst him. He truly is one of the worst referees in the league, along with Riley and Styles, they all deseerve each other and championship football.

He had a shocker and he knew it, but he dug a hole for himself fom the first minute, a hole from which he is still digging to get out of ! How he never gave a penalty for the tackle on Savage or for the handball on the line is beyond me. That corner that led to the handball, does anyone know why he blew ?

Anyhow, after this game, Rovers have set their stall out. Teams visiting Ewood had better be prepared. Thats the message bellowing out loud and clear. If any team is not up for a fight then they are on a loser.

Now its Everton and their own dogs of war ethic. it should be a mouthwatering classic with the two pretenders to RFW's crown playing match up. :brfc:

Yep, listening to 5 live and that rat wenger has accused Rovers players of violence?

Your a ChUNT of the highest order Frenchman! :angry:

How depressingly predictable. Arse Wenker might want to note that they picked up 4 bookings but I suppose that will be ignored as usual.

Interesting stuff from the Arsenal website match report. Even if Wenger whines and moans, the match report acknowledged what the Frenchman will not: that Rovers are a good side capable of playing with anyone in the Premiership.

"Having led for so long, Wenger will be disappointed initially however, on later reflection, he is sure to realise this was a decent point and a mature display.

On this showing, Blackburn are capable of troubling anyone at Ewood Park."

How depressingly predictable. Arse Wenker might want to note that they picked up 4 bookings but I suppose that will be ignored as usual.
From Sky Sports "But it was a good performance. We were resilient and dealt well with the long ball and the physical challenge they gave us." Long ball? Don't you just hate him.

From Sky Sports "But it was a good performance. We were resilient and dealt well with the long ball and the physical challenge they gave us." Long ball? Don't you just hate him.

The problem is, looking at the referees performance, his comments are obviously working. He has managed to convince that ref that we are dirty, violent side and many more refs will listen.

That was a hard-fought game of football, but there were two teams out there mixing it up. How Wenger only sees “violence” from Rovers players beggars belief. The Arsenal players were just as committed as the Rovers players on the physical side.

One thing that was noticeable though is the tactic the Arsenal team have of falling to the floor under the smallest of pressure. These are adult human beings who seem unable to stay on their feet, it makes me really angry to watch them. Funny that all the acting stopped once we had equalised and Arsenal began to chase the game!

The referee’s performance was awful. You can understand a referee having a bad game, but it’s the inconsistency that winds you up. Time and again he stopped play for minor challenges, and then played a 10 second advantage for Arsenal in the first half! I haven’t seen the penalty incident again, but from a first view I thought it wasn’t. Either way, there was no possible chance that he was going to give a penalty to Savage. The only surprise was that he didn’t book him for diving.

The players deserve loads of credit today. In the first half they were just looking to contain Arsenal, but in the second they had a real go at them and got what they deserved. When Dunny scored you could feel the Blackburn End bouncing – what a moment!

I thought Warnock had a good game; his tackle on Flamini was perfect. Santa Cruz had a great game, making the most of the scraps he had to live off. Samba looked rock solid and Savage was his usual self, running himself into the ground for the cause.

So all in all a good point, and if we can keep the run going at Everton we can really start to think about keeping high up the league all season.

• Backroom

I thought the referee (Wiley) was appalling today, he gave the Arse free kicks for exactly the same thing he didn't give Rovers free kicks for seconds before hand.

Also, how come Ryan Nelsen got two yellow cards ????? none of his challenges were any worse than the Arse put in but got nothing given..

I'm so p&ss&d off with the standard of refereeing in this league

I voted for Dunny purely because of his 2nd half performance, his wonderful defensive block and of course the equalliser. Apart from Dunny, I thought Samba played brilliant yet again, both defending and his samba skills which yet again put Brazilians around the world to shame.

I still think one day Samba will end up eating the head of a referee because every time he shouts at them, he reminds me of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I voted for Dunny purely because of his 2nd half performance, his wonderful defensive block and of course the equalliser. Apart from Dunny, I thought Samba played brilliant yet again, both defending and his samba skills which yet again put Brazilians around the world to shame.

I still think one day Samba will end up eating the head of a referee because every time he shouts at them, he reminds me of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

:lol: :lol:

Guest shoppybrfc

Lets face it Nelsen has been half the player he was since he came back from Injury, Samba has been carrying him.

Hopefully no sign of Roberts means he's being sold, 4million off Fulham for a 4th choice striker is a great piece of business.

Lets face it Nelsen has been half the player he was since he came back from Injury, Samba has been carrying him.

Hopefully no sign of Roberts means he's being sold, 4million off Fulham for a 4th choice striker is a great piece of business.

Oh my lord. Yeah lets sell 'em both and that Friedel fella can go as well. He's an absolute liability.

I would have loved it if Hughes said that right in front of Fabregas after their little war of words last time :lol:

Haha!

Also on Nelsen, he was back to his old self today! He had to get the second yellow really...unless he wanted VP to score.

No matter what happens, I am just glad I'm not a Bolton fan!

A thrilling second half performance that bodes well for the season. A large, lively crowd meant that the game had the feel of a top class clash, not something we can always rely on. Around my usual perch in the Riverside, there were a lot of new faces.

What a great team Arsenal could be without the cheating.

After my criticism of our local lad, I have to say Dunn put a great shift in.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Most of the sites have referrence to rovers "violence".

I've only found one site interested enough to give Hughes' reply:

"That attitude by Wenger surprises me," said Hughes said.

"The worst challenge was by Van Persie on Stephen Warnock.

"It was very competitive and I thought we dominated the game. We were the better side. We showed great character and equipped ourselves well against a top side."

"It sets down a marker as far as I am concerned."

BBC

Most of the sites have referrence to rovers "violence".
I think Arse Wenker would experience the true nature of the word "violence" if we locked him in a room with Hughes and got him to repeat these comments to his face. Oh to be a fly on the wall. :brfc:

Guest shoppybrfc
Have we got a troll here or what?

Nelsen was good today. In no way was he carried by Samba.

Roberts was on the bench.

Just because I dont rate a player I'm troll, Hughes obviously dont rate Roberts at the moment either, dont be a bellend like theno you prune

Archived