• Dunn
    • Savage
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz
    • McCarthy

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has, and I think we're the only team that he has predicted all defeats. Typical, I think it was last season, if all Lawros predictions came true we would've been relegated.

He does it on purpose to wind certain teams' fans up.

Much though it pains me to defend the hairdresser...........

Last season his predictions had us finishing 11th (Watford were bottom, and just above them Citeh and Boro). And in all TWO games this season, he predicted us for a draw at Boro and defeat against Arsenal. Still if it winds fans up........... By the way, the only team he's predicted three defeats for so far is Derby.

Moyes was a lot happier with Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson’s assessment that Blackburn and Everton are the teams most likely to challenge the Big Four’s monopoly of Champions League places.

He grinned: “That’s very kind of Sir Alex to say that — and he knows his stuff, doesn’t he?

“Blackburn and ourselves are quite evenly matched. We are both good teams who can handle ourselves when we have to and I think we’ll both go close this season.

“They have strengthened their squad and they have plenty of quality, particularly up front.

“We’ve been trying to do the same thing and it will be interesting to see how we match up.”

Anyone going by train?

Decided on going to this game because it could be the last time we play at Goodison on a Saturday. Loads of fans knock the place but I've got some good memories from there and it's one of the last old style big grounds, unlike the soulless Riverside, Pride Park, COMS, etc. Anyone go to the April '95 nailbiter when we were hanging on to the lead for 80 mins after being 2 up after 10 mins with Hendry heading the ball clear off Everton boots - class!

:brfc:

we always take a poor followin to everton even though its only down the road. me and 15 of mmy mates will be there any one have an idea of how many fellow rovers to expect

Not always pal - i've been there for a 1980's cup game with 11,500 Rovers fans. We had all the Park end terrace and the nearest Enclosure to that end.

We're going on the train, I hope there's a bit of atmosphere in the Rovers end.

Where abouts is this Ackle pub? Is it near the ground or in Liverpool town? Is that the 'away fans' pub?

It is located behind the Anfield Road end of Anfield, at the corner of the Centenary Stand. About 10 minutes walk from Goodison.

The Arkle is named after the Derby winning racehorse I think.

AAAhhhh... Arkle was not a flat horse...

He won the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 1964,65 and 66.

Arkle is also a hill in Scotland and the Gaelic name for an Elm Tree. So what the pub is named for I don't know.

Just finish chewing my encyclopaedia...then i'll take my anorak off.

Anyone go to the April '95 nailbiter when we were hanging on to the lead for 80 mins after being 2 up after 10 mins with Hendry heading the ball clear off Everton boots - class!

Yep, remember it well, was sat in with the toffee fans. Hendry was awesome that day.

Just got a text off an Everton-supporting mate. They've AJ on his own up front (I doubt AJ himself minds that, but that'll come handy with an absent Nelsen) and no Yobo. FA Cup mauling aside, Yobo's been magnificent against us in recent years. That means RSC can tie up the brilliant Lescott and Benni/Matt should have an easier time against their replacement centre-half.

Near the start of this thread I predicted a draw but my confidence is growing...

Moyes was a lot happier with Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson’s assessment that Blackburn and Everton are the teams most likely to challenge the Big Four’s monopoly of Champions League places.

He grinned: “That’s very kind of Sir Alex to say that — and he knows his stuff, doesn’t he?

“Blackburn and ourselves are quite evenly matched. We are both good teams who can handle ourselves when we have to and I think we’ll both go close this season.

“They have strengthened their squad and they have plenty of quality, particularly up front.

“We’ve been trying to do the same thing and it will be interesting to see how we match up.”

Sounds like there is a lot of mutual respect in the Rovers -Everton- Man.U. triangle. I fully agree with it as well; 3 of the best managers in football today, and 3 very good squads of players. Although Rovers and Everton are still building.

Archived