BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England V Germany

elwaxo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, it's my national team and I will support them whether they are playing Germany in a friendly or San Marino in a friendly. Before Sven came along, friendlies were exciting and by playing big games against the likes of Germany is a great way to make friendly matches worth watching again.

I would if Bentley had been picked, which he should have been! :angry:

No he shouldn't. He told McClaren to sod off last time and he's paid the price, contacted by old funny fringe and informed directly.

Personally I back Bentley. Who wants to play for Engerlund anyway ? They're crap.

Personally I back Bentley. Who wants to play for Engerlund anyway ? They're crap.

What do you mean you "back" him?

He does want to play for England. When he made that decision he was thinking about his career.

And it was the under21s.

No he shouldn't. He told McClaren to sod off last time and he's paid the price, contacted by old funny fringe and informed directly.

He told pearce to sod off ;)

I don't see the point in McClown picking injured palyers simply because they will boost morale, pick players because they can perform in the game.

I'm not really that bothered but i hope that McClaren sends out a team that's prepared to have a go. I hope that Bentleys omission is a small gesture to punish him for not playing for the U-21s and that he'll be included in the next one.

I couldn't care less. As already said:-

Its a pointless friendly so early in the season

Its not even the full team

It makes me very angry when players like Owen and Defoe are called up. What right do they have to put the shirt on? They haven't been playing for their clubs so why should they 'take the step up' and play for their country.

Anyway, even when England have a full team they are boring as anything.

England for the World Cup or Rovers for the Prem again - I would take Rovers every time

A crushing defeat for England by a German side playing sharp football. Another nail in McClaren's coffin.

Boring match. Are friendlies worth interuping the Permier League for when the "star" players, pull out....SG

An inpressive win, McClaren gets a spring board like, jump in credibility the likes of which Sven received post Germany.

A crushing defeat for England by a German side playing sharp football. Another nail in McClaren's coffin.

Boring match. Are friendlies worth interuping the Permier League for when the "star" players, pull out....SG

An inpressive win, McClaren gets a spring board like, jump in credibility the likes of which Sven received post Germany.

Talk of star players pulling out. Answer me this.

Bentley gets blasted for pulling out of the under 21's (when he is older than 21 anyway)

Gerrard played at the weekend. All of a sudden he isnt fit to play for England - now watch on Sat when he walks out to face Sunderland

Talk of star players pulling out. Answer me this.

Bentley gets blasted for pulling out of the under 21's (when he is older than 21 anyway)

Gerrard played at the weekend. All of a sudden he isnt fit to play for England - now watch on Sat when he walks out to face Sunderland

I think the spin and the politics have put the Bentley decision to bed. Bentley wants to play for England, McClaren will let him IF Bentley continues to play well AND if McClaren id still in charge.

A crushing defeat anginst Germany and the attention will focus on McClaren his style of football not his man management. It is here that the press will fail to back him , should results go against him.

Archived