SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England V Germany

elwaxo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear!

That was scarcely Germany B England were playing.

Smith non-existant, Carrick utterly terrible, Owen had a pre-season practice run and Beckham largely clapped out.

Oh, and rumour has it there was supposed to be a goalkeeper playing for England but Jens Lehman tidied his game up a bit.

McClaren obviously had never watched Pander and Hitzelburger (despite him playing for Villa for a while) otherwise he would have had those two closed down a bit sharpish. Also nice of him to give Philip Lahm the freedom of Wembley.

At least we know that Bentley and Derbyshire could do no worse in England shirts.

Oh dear!

That was scarcely Germany B England were playing.

Smith non-existant, Carrick utterly terrible, Owen had a pre-season practice run and Beckham largely clapped out.

Oh, and rumour has it there was supposed to be a goalkeeper playing for England but Jens Lehman tidied his game up a bit.

McClaren obviously had never watched Pander and Hitzelburger (despite him playing for Villa for a while) otherwise he would have had those two closed down a bit sharpish. Also nice of him to give Philip Lahm the freedom of Wembley.

At least we know that Bentley and Derbyshire could do no worse in England shirts.

To be fair that was basically England B. Despite the inclusion of Owen and Beckham they are so far off true match fitness and form that they basically weren't playing, while you would still expect at least 4 players to come into that line-up, possibly 5 or 6.

Aslo, I thought Smith was quite impressive. There was no real supply, but he held the ball up well at times and played some great balls (the flick and dink over the top to Owen were both top class). He probably wouldn't be in a fully fit England squad, but he didn't do himself any harm last night I don't think.

Match Ticket = 25 quid

Petrol = 30 quid

Burger and Chips = 8 quid

Match Programme = 6 quid

England coming up with another inept performance and pushing Ginger Sven a step closer to the trapdoor = PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

Pleased you got your monies worth!!

What is the music which they play when the teams come out?

Talking of getting my money's worth, I understand you had what is commonly known as 'a right touch' yesterday!!!!

Your round next time I see you buddy ;)

You could call it that.

Hopefully next time I see you will be for the UEFA Cup game in a country like Poland or Estonia. By the Way I have the Friday afternoon off work for the draw if you want me to book anything for you.

Match Ticket = 25 quid

Petrol = 30 quid

Burger and Chips = 8 quid

Match Programme = 6 quid

England coming up with another inept performance and pushing Ginger Sven a step closer to the trapdoor = PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

tu tu you would spend half that at ewood

and why would a welsh man go and see england

i watched the game in a brauhaus in stuttgart......its always the same with england......i dismiss the game and my interest in it.....watch it get worked up and wish i hadnt bothered...bad coach inept team etc etc etc....great atmos with the germans though..crackin beer good banter friendly all round....much nicer than it would have been for a german watching the game in an english pub.....makes me wonder sometimes about the mentality of some people in our country........

Dyer & owen should be no where near that squad - they aint good enough. Warnock is better than Shorey, as is Ashley Young.

This is the Owen who has one of the best ever goal to game ratios the English game has ever seen? He's scored goals at every club and every tournament he's played in. Owen is the only English forward who you can rely on to get goals.

Aslo, I thought Smith was quite impressive. There was no real supply, but he held the ball up well at times and played some great balls (the flick and dink over the top to Owen were both top class). He probably wouldn't be in a fully fit England squad, but he didn't do himself any harm last night I don't think.

I thought Smith looked a handful too. Rather impressed with him actually.

Complete waste of a wednesday evening. We were terrible, there are players there that shouldn't be. I don't think I can watch anymore of their matches all the time McClaren is running it, he is shocking. Perhaps he should of picked David Dunn, he could have shown Owen how to beat Lehmann. (apologies if anyone has mentioned that already!!)

Quite simply, England are just not good enough. To make matters worse we have a second rate (at best) coach at the helm, although I hope we don't sack him because his post match summaries provide me with a good laugh.

We haven't won anything for 40 years and we are currently a million miles away from changing that, and it is only likely to get worse with the ever increasing amount of foreign players in the Prem.

Also, what I can't understand is why there are so many people who want to pay to watch friendly internationals.

I'm happy Germany won. Even though it is the 2nd team, I liked watching them at the last world cup. And England have always left me cold, unless a Rovers player is playing. Saw the Robinso clanger just now, and it was hilarious. If he keeps it up, the Spuds vs. Arsenal game would be a classic for dodgy keeping.

What a muppet, I though there would be some sort of atmosphere down the local for the game. Well after the start for 10 mins, there was. Half way through the 2nd half, most had turned away. Seems they hadn't gone to the pub for the footie, just as an aexcuse to get away from herindoors.

I've just seen the score and the goals. Not very good, but another good result for those who want to get rid of McClaren. He's no manager, he might be a good coach but he can't motivate or pick a decent team to save his life. Why play Beckham? Why bring back David James? Why play Alan Smith? Someone who was deemed surplus to requirements at Old Trafford even when they have no target men. Keiron Dyer? No idea. I don't care about friendlies, but I do care that our Euro campaign is going to go up in smoke to due inept management, underperforming players, and a useless governing body.

How did Lampard do?

What a muppet, I though there would be some sort of atmosphere down the local for the game. Well after the start for 10 mins, there was. Half way through the 2nd half, most had turned away. Seems they hadn't gone to the pub for the footie, just as an aexcuse to get away from herindoors.

Well i was hoping there'd be some sort of atmosphere at Wembley but yet again dissapointed!!

Think the only amusing point was the chant of "5-1, even Heskey scored"

German fans were very loud and sang 3 lions better than us, as well as an impressive "only sing when you're winning" all in perfect English lol

Archived