BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your First Concert

Would that have been Bob Seeger's band? I think they were actually know as Bob Seeger and the Silver Bullet Band?

While I'm at it does anyone recall a Birmingham based group (70s!) The Steve Gibbons Band? Guy I knew at college used to roadie for them, in our Students Union they were awesome. Would have been 1972 or 73.

I know Steve Gibbons's son Dylan - he DJs around Birmingham and used to go out with a neighbour of mine (it being a small world, she's a Harwood lass).

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Day Out, Milton Keynes, 1997 (I think).

Metallica were headlining, as were Sepultura, Ministry, Terrorvision, Placebo, Marilyn Manson (who was so sh_t), Queens of the Stone Age, Pitschifter and some more I have forgotten. It was real fun, and a fantastically hot day.

As an eleven year old boy, I attended Reading Rock in 1978 (Albeit with Mum and Dad). I saw The Jam, Status Quo, TRB, Patti Smith and loads of other brill groups I cannot remember now. Plus John Peel was the MC, and to hear a Radio One DJ swearing his head off was a bit of a shock.

I think my first gig without parents was The Damned in KGH around 1979 ish, or it may have been SLF at a similar time at the same venue.

Would that have been Bob Seeger's band? I think they were actually know as Bob Seeger and the Silver Bullet Band?

I doubt very much that Bob Seger has ever played at Blackburn .

I could be wrong but I'd be very surprised indeed ......great group ; "Stranger in Town" is a fantastic album for anyone interested .

my first was ac/dc @ kgh or guild hall cant remember where....my first remered one was gillan @ the guild hall...they used to have good nights ,macc lads,ufo,scorpions,thin lizzy,spider,old quo,maiden,gary moore,msg ,the black crowes and loads more

Archived