BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pompey Away

philipl

Yeah I was also watching that muppet on Sky sports news - I thought for one moment he must be a pompey fan, until he changed his tune at the end of the game ha ha!

Next goal is pompeys and it will be soon! Ha ha yeah ok! 7 wins in a row! Amazing! Undefeated in something like 9 away games! That is some going.

If the axe is out for a few games, then what should we do to fill the middle?

Option 1 – Reid - give him 20 minutes against Liverpool, play for reserves Tuesday @ City and then he may well be ok for 45 minutes next Sunday. But is it worth the risk!

Option 2 – Stick with Tugay & Dunn in the middle, although it remains to be seen if Tugay can play week in week out against the big teams.

Option 3 – Samba in defensive midfield with Ooijer & Nelsen at the back

Option 4 – Move Bentley inside with Dunn, move Emerton to Right wing and then Zurab/ ooijer at right back.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bearing in mind that earlier news headline from Andy Neild "Mokoena may have broken leg This is Lancashire 22:27 31-Oct-07" and THE BBC I believe that the breaking news item was a valid news item for certain members of this site who are linked to a news update email service.

If I can give them and other members of this site an official update be it 16 words or 16 vowels, without having to trawl through pages of political / racist / homophobic drivel then I believe it's helpful.

If members think otherwise then fair enough.

We don't all agree with Tris on this one Alan.

Bearing in mind that earlier news headline from Andy Neild "Mokoena may have broken leg This is Lancashire 22:27 31-Oct-07" and THE BBC I believe that the breaking news item was a valid news item for certain members of this site who are linked to a news update email service.

If I can give them and other members of this site an official update be it 16 words or 16 vowels, without having to trawl through pages of political / racist / homophobic drivel then I believe it's helpful.

If members think otherwise then fair enough.

Personally I was grateful for Alan to share the breaking news. I got back from the game and went on the net especially to read about Mokoena and was very pleased to see some information on his condition.

Like Alan said, whether it's 16 words or 16 vowels, as long as it's accurate and is important then it doesn't matter how much is written.

As for the football, I felt it was a great away performance from the lads. To go to Fratton Park to face a team in form is a hard task and apart from a few dodgy spells, I felt we played some great football. We defended deep but solidly and we showed moments of magic which helped put the game beyond doubt.

Benni was great to watch when they switched him to an attacking midfield role. He's showed more tricks than Paul Daniels last night. When he's full of confidence, he really is special to watch and with him and Roque up front i'm sure we will get many more magic moments from them two.

Another positive thing to see was how the team adapted to playing out of position. I thought Zurab started off a bit shakey at right back, giving away needless fouls and hesitating a lot on the ball, but in the second half he really did well and got down the right quite a few times to put some crosses in or take on people. Also Brett helped a lot when he came on for Mokoena. He gave a good defensive performance in midfield which might help Hughesy decide who to have in the middle if The Axe doesn't get fit before the weekend.

If i'm honest though, I was quite concerned with Berner at left back. He struggled against Utaka (I think) and he was all over the place at times and i'm surprised Portsmouth didn't do more to expose our left side because when they did, they more often than not got great opportunities to get a goal. When he got booked I was certain he would be sent off in the game and was lucky not to be shown a red. Hopefully a one off but was easily exposed against pace.

Here, here

My experience Jonno also with Virgin Media`s box. i thought this was new technology which made recording easier; not to lose 10 minutes. Has anyone got the goals for us to see?

Just noticed from the TV Guide that the Carling Cup goals are being shown tonight at 6pm and again at 11pm on Sky Sports 1 so anyone else who missed the goals can check them out.

I was delighted with the win last night against a very good Portsmouth side. The result was over shadowed a bit by the injury to Mokoena. With him now injured, we only have two recognised midfielders for the foreseeable future. I imagine that Reid is also some way off making a first team return, so we are very short of numbers in the midfield. No one could have foreseen such a scenario and hopefully our season and form aren't affected by it. Some of our defenders, like Zurab or Samba may be employed as defensive midfielders, if the need arises. As for the Carling Cup, we have a good chance of going on to the final, if we get a favourable draw and hopefully we can win it.w

yeh was good i thnik it must have been around 500 ish

atmosphear was top quality for a mid week night gmae down south.

Yeah, we had quite a decent following considering it was a wednesday night carling cup game at £25 a ticket. Fair play to all those who went, especially those who travelled from Lancashire. The person who was continuously waving the bell in our end had me in stitches throughout the game and I got a feeling that it ###### off a section of the Pompey fans. Speaking of Pompey fans, a group of chavs got chucked out just before kick off but i'm not sure why. I glanced to my left and there were loads of police there dealing with them. Anyone know what happened?

. Some of our defenders, like Zurab or Samba may be employed as defensive midfielders

If we played Samba there then it would mean we would not only be playing a player out of position in the middle of the park but also mean we would be weaker in our defence. Samba has been playing superbly this season at centre half, therefore he should stay there and we should just play someone like Brett Emerton in midfield who has the energy to cover the park as well as being comfortable there having played in midfield on a regular basis before.

a group of chavs got chucked out just before kick off but i'm not sure why. I glanced to my left and there were loads of police there dealing with them. Anyone know what happened?

When I arrived in the ground, they started singing but looked very p!ssed... don't know why they got thrown out though, maybe they said something to a steward :!:

Great night last night, good to put a few faces to names too.

When I arrived in the ground, they started singing but looked very p!ssed... don't know why they got thrown out though, maybe they said something to a steward :!:

Great night last night, good to put a few faces to names too.

I think they might have been moved as they were being pretty *industrial* and there were some young kids and families near to them. Then again, if they did get thrown out, it would have been poetic justice considering they probably weren't old enough to buy the beer in the first place!

Has anyone got any pics online yet.

I'd love to see them as I didnt have anywhere to keep a camera in the captain america costume lol.

Oh I don't know, if you'd have unzipped it you'd have had somewhere to keep the camera! Might have been painful though...

Who was scooby etc? Was that a cut out picture of SoccerAM's Tubes with them? If so, it could well be on SoccerAM this weekend!

scooby was chirs the lad that sorted the beer army t-shirts for holand uses the other board user name is johno.

i were the pink panther

hes my pictures... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1605...mp;id=650385113

Archived