BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pompey Away

philipl

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great and pretty much unexpected result - not many teams will win away at Fratton Park this season.

Tinged with a bad feeling about the potential serious injury to The Axe and Bentley.

It does seem that MGP had a cracking game which can only be good news.

Should Bentley be out for Saturday then Oijer/Kishi will fill in at right back with Bert moving forward to the right, Tugay coming back into the middle.

8 WINS ON THE BOUNCE !! :brfcsmilie:

That's five wins out of five against prem opposition

Sunderland

Birmingham

Reading

Tottenham

& now

Portsmouth

Not bad that, is it? I'm getting slighty optimistic for the future...

That's five wins out of five against prem opposition

Sunderland

Birmingham

Reading

Tottenham

& now

Portsmouth

Not bad that, is it? I'm getting slighty optimistic for the future...

Put Birmingham in the cup at the front of the sequence and its 6 out of 6

Brilliant win tonight, hopefully the injuries to Mokoena & Bentley aren't too seriously. Still think Liverpool are there for the taking on Saturday even if we are without thoose two.

It's going to be tough whoever we get in the draw though. Just look at the teams left:

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Man City

Everton

Tottenham

West Ham

Terrible news about Axe - I think I would have preferred to lose the match rather than him get a broken leg (if the worst fears are confirmed).

Lets hope that Reid's comeback doesn't suffer any more set backs. Though I don't think we should rush him back - it is now imperative that he is back in the first team squad within a couple of weeks.

I did wonder he could next fill the midfield berth - we only have Dunn and Tugay, possibly Bentley - but no real defensive midfield player. I did wonder about Warnock - did he not play defensive midfield for Liverpool in his early days ? Beyond that - maybe Oiijer could do a job - his passing is as good as Axe - and he is probably disciplined enough to play that position.

The Axe may have a broken leg. :(

Oh sh*t !! I hope not.

Still, we do have Olsen, Reid and Zurab. The strength in depth is there and, if there are any more injuries, why not try Tracey and other young ones.

Great win tonight. We must be feared now by all the others in the draw. Arsenal, Chelsea and others must be secretly thinking, "Hope we're not drawn against Blackburn".

Warms the cockles of my heart.

Just back from the game. Great win for us. Felt we were on the back foot for the majority of the second half but we took our chances. Benni was quality and Dunny battled very well but Samba is just a legend!

Rovers fans were brilliant. Hopefully someone will upload pics because some of the outfits were awesome! :lol:

Alan - with respect

Officials at Ewood believe that Aaron Mokoena's injury may not be as bad as first thought.
is not a news item, it's a one line comment - with no source quoted - on what may well be a serious problem for our midfield.

Dressing 16 words up as a "breaking news" article is not really helping anyone. :angry2:

Archived